NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Closed Thread

Old 04-05-2010, 01:38 PM
Joe P.

Default JP ... you would have loved Gemany during the '30's .....

Quote:
Originally Posted by JP View Post
Moderators, can you please keep Jim VB, Potomac Yank, and Rob D. (if he shows up here) from hijacking yet another one of my threads?

Only your BS is allowed.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Potomac Yank View Post

Only your BS is allowed.
Potomac, I get that you don't like me because you have a misguided notion I'm a flipper. Fine, whatever.

But how is my bringing up PSA's inaccurate registry set composition BS? You do know what "BS" stands for, don't you?

I've never seen so many people come into a thread and say "I don't care about the topic in this thread". If you don't like the topic, why not just read a different one and contribute there?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:15 PM
Tim

JP - Your post is relevant in this forum IMO. However if you truly want to see the registry changed you should make a post on the PSA boards as well. If your post is written from the point of constructive change and not slamming PSA no one should have a problem with it over there.

I agree that given the information that is readily available today PSA should have a more accurate registry.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:20 PM
Barry Sloate

I hadn't even read this thread until just now. Are we having yet another fight? We are averaging several a day....and JP, why are you always in the middle of them? It can't just be coincidence.

And the amazing thing is Bruce is even around anymore. That was supposed to calm things down.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:23 PM

No coincidence, Barry. I'm a target for a group of people in this forum. Making anything I say into controversy is their goal, and they are succeeding.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:25 PM

Tim, I'll think about it. If PSA doesn't like what I have to say, no matter how constructive, all future PSA submissions may suffer...even though all submissions are anonymous of course...
Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Banned

JP,

Keep fighting the good fight. And by all means, keep posting. Please!

Edited to add: No "hijacking" intended.

Last edited by Rob D.; 04-05-2010 at 02:27 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:38 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rob D. View Post
JP,

Keep fighting the good fight. And by all means, keep posting. Please!

Edited to add: No "hijacking" intended.
Just making a suggestion to help improve the options available to collectors within the hobby...

No idea if you're being serious...but I will always do whatever I can to become further educated, and help others further their collections through knowledge and resources. If I get mocked, then so be it.

If you're being serious, thanks.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:56 PM
Ted Zanidakis

Default Hey guy, regarding your comments in Post #32......

I share my BB card knowledge with as many as I can. I am not "belittling" (to use your wording) you by asking this very basic and
straightforward question......

HOW MANY T206's DO YOU HAVE IN YOUR COLLECTION ?

JIM R (and others) asked you a very basic and straightforward question in your other thread regarding your three BROAD LEAF 460
cards and you refused to answer that one, too.

Do you understand how your responses (or none responses) are starting to grate against us, who are trying to have a dialogue with
you ?

Get that damn "chip off your shoulder" and try to be friendly....and, you'll see that some of us will reciprocate.

TED Z
Old 04-05-2010, 02:26 PM
Barry Sloate

So what's the answer? How do we calm things down a little?
Old 04-05-2010, 02:35 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
No idea. I'm not a moderator so I can't control what others post. Maybe if people posted when they had something to contribute, and kept it at that, things would be different. Either that, or I just don't post anymore and someone else becomes the target of fraternal bullying. I believe all of my thread starters have been relevant, hobby-related issues, so I don't know what different I can do.
Old 04-05-2010, 02:51 PM
Tim

Quote:
Originally Posted by barrysloate View Post
Barry - That questions has a pretty simple solution however implementing it is another matter.

JP like many others has become a lightening rod for a few that no matter how hobby related one of his posts may be, they will use the opportunity to post something sarcastic or get in a good zinger.

If they don't like him, think he's a bad guy, think he's not knowledgeable, etc., then just don't post in his thread.

For JP he needs to not respond to them. From time to time Bruce for example would start a thread with a good hobby related topic and before long the pilers on would be there to derail it. Once he responded the flame war was on and nothing of any baseball related substance could be expected after that.

Last edited by Abravefan11; 04-05-2010 at 03:00 PM.
Old 04-05-2010, 03:14 PM
Jim VB

Quote:
Originally Posted by Abravefan11 View Post
JP like many others has become a lightening rod for a few that no matter how hobby related one of his posts may be, they will use the opportunity to post something sarcastic or get in a good zinger.

If they don't like him, think he's a bad guy, think he's not knowledgeable, etc., then just don't post in his thread.
Tim,

If you're talking about my posts, you could not be more wrong. Certainly, I have had a disagreement or two with JP in the past. But none of them has anything to do with this thread. He started a thread complaining about a problem he sees in the hobby, yet he is willing to do absolutely nothing to fix this problem. He received several suggestions on how to address it and merely explained why he would not follow any of them. He won't post on the CU boards because they'll delete it. He won't write them an email because they won't respond. That's a silly approach.

Instead, he attacked several people (one of whom had not even posted in the thread.) He seems to think he "owns" any thread he starts and, therefore, can control any opinions in this thread.

In my opinion, you don't have a right to complain about a problem if you refuse to take even the simplest steps to remedy said problem.