NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-06-2017, 03:12 PM
Richard Simon

Default Another POS bites the dust,, and his mom too

What a story this one is.
Long story but worth the read,, and who comes out of it with the big bucks??
F-----g ebay.
Ebay and PP cleared $300K on this forgers sales.
Too bad the current thieves were not located in Ohio, where the FBI busted this trash.

https://www.si.com/longform/true-cri...lia/index.html
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-06-2017 at 03:26 PM.
Old 11-06-2017, 04:21 PM
Christopher Williams

Ebay wins again!!!

And they continue to win with sales of the "Florida" forgeries continuing and more robust than ever.
Old 11-07-2017, 07:59 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

We have FBI agents watching this site. How much longer can the crap from Florida go on. We have tried so many times to get these people shut down. It is your turn now.
Old 11-07-2017, 08:14 AM
Ryan

The Auto Scouts go down...
Old 11-07-2017, 09:41 AM
D@ve Se@born

Default Thanks

Very informative, thanks for posting the article.
Old 11-07-2017, 10:30 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
Ebay wins again!!!

And they continue to win with sales of the "Florida" forgeries continuing and more robust than ever.
I would speculate that ebay has the capacity to trace every single item that those thieves sold and to issue refunds to every person who bought bogus crap.
Does anyone here think they would do that??
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 11-07-2017, 10:31 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by shelly View Post
We have FBI agents watching this site. How much longer can the crap from Florida go on. We have tried so many times to get these people shut down. It is your turn now.
If Tim Fitzsimmons and John Gonzalez had never left their old jobs this would be a much better hobby now.
--
Old 11-07-2017, 10:35 AM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post
I would speculate that ebay has the capacity to trace every single item that those thieves sold and to issue refunds to every person who bought bogus crap.
Does anyone here think they would do that??
When did you become a comedian, Rich??
Old 11-07-2017, 10:56 AM
T0m C@rf@gn0

Tom C
Old 11-07-2017, 11:39 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by gnaz01 View Post
When did you become a comedian, Rich??
I like to think I could always make people smile .
--
Old 11-07-2017, 05:39 PM
octavio ranzola

Default It’s scary

Thank you richard great article ,,between this and operation bullpen is there anything real out in the hobby.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:28 PM
keith janosky

The one Marino guy in the article could that be one of the family members of the Operation Bullpen Marinos? Kind of a coincidence the last names are the same and both involved in forgeries.

Last edited by keithsky; 11-07-2017 at 06:29 PM.
Old 11-07-2017, 06:38 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by keithsky View Post
The one Marino guy in the article could that be one of the family members of the Operation Bullpen Marinos? Kind of a coincidence the last names are the same and both involved in forgeries.
Dan Marino could of at least signed his name on an index card and it would of been 'real'.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:21 AM
Scott
Scott All.en

Wow. Thanks for posting that. What I find completely outrageous is how eBay is absolutely complicit in these crimes yet, not only are they not penalized, they end up making millions while their partners go to jail. Did no one ever send a note to eBay reporting any of these items as fake? And if so, how does law enforcement not indict them?? Remove eBay from the equation and it's doubtful these guys could have made enough money to fill their gas tanks.

Just skimming the RICO law at wikipedia shows forgery as one of the crimes that someone can be convicted of if they are found to have simply assisted in the crime. If it can be shown that eBay was made aware of these forgeries, how are they able to escape criminal charges? How are they not required to return every dime they made as a result of these crimes?

The thing is, we all know these crimes are not going to stop just because a few people a year get caught. It's just way too easy, and way too profitable to ever believe the end is near. The only ending I see is the collapse of the autograph market as people learn how legion these forgeries are and just stop collecting them.
Old 11-08-2017, 07:51 AM
Ryan

Quote:
Originally Posted by SAllen2556 View Post
Did no one ever send a note to eBay reporting any of these items as fake? And if so, how does law enforcement not indict them??
I reported these sellers every single day, exposed them every day. They would have new eBay IDs/COAs popping up every day. It was insane.

The author of this article reached out to me several times about this scheme, I made sure to mention eBays "role" in all of this and how sickening it is. I'm glad it made the article. I also mentioned several times how this is minuscule compared to the Florida/GA scams that are still alive and well.
Old 11-08-2017, 08:27 AM

Three other avenues to complain about the Ebay practices

1) SEC

2) Nasdaq

3) The Ebay board of Directors that are not Ebay employees
Old 11-08-2017, 09:43 AM
Ch.ris Jenk.ins

You hit on the direction I was thinking. The path to get Ebay to get involved with stopping crap like this and the Battlefield's of the world, is to hurt them in the investment world. I don't know how one would go about it, but presenting a large amount of clear evidence to someone in the investing world (short seller, investment house that provides public ratings of stocks, etc.) and allowing them to create publicity.

Of course, legal issues brought on by FBI investigations would have similar effect. Bad publicity is one thing, but bad publicity in the world that would drive down their stock price (even temporarily) may cause Ebay to look more closely into their practices.
Old 11-08-2017, 10:25 AM
octavio ranzola

how do the owners of roaches corner not go to jail..
Old 11-08-2017, 11:15 AM

I written my US senators on two topics that bug me, that US government could help motivate public companies to solve

1) autograph fraud

2) spam telephone calls

I know the major telecom carriers could stop most of the spam calls if was in their financial interest or required to.

I also sure Ebay could stop the autograph fraud if pressured

Neither Senator responded to my email. I was expecting a general response.
Old 11-09-2017, 11:03 AM
Chuck Tapia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryan1125 View Post
I reported these sellers every single day, exposed them every day. They would have new eBay IDs/COAs popping up every day. It was insane.

The author of this article reached out to me several times about this scheme, I made sure to mention eBays "role" in all of this and how sickening it is. I'm glad it made the article. I also mentioned several times how this is minuscule compared to the Florida/GA scams that are still alive and well.
AND how an ex-collector like me quit, cold turkey when s*** got out of hand after the E-bay firings and decision to flood their market place with FORGERIES.

I also quit those jerky-E-BAY and suggested that people quit them as well. Of course, no one besides FUDD wants to stand up against fake retarded Corporate Jerk offs like The Philippine based E-bay. I have yet to EVER be able to speak to ANYONE in the USA for anything with those boobs. ANYTHING. EVER. PERIOD. F them. Good riddance.