NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-12-2018, 06:04 PM
D@le Irv*n

Default E-Bay changes?

I assume others have seen the changes but I am curious if anyone knows why, or if the changes are just a glitch or temporary?

I have noticed, when viewing old sales or e-mails about my saved listings, that when you click on the link within, it says card is now sold and they pop up another one.

I enjoyed looking at what cards sold for and I enjoyed re-examining them if I didn't do so when I chose to save them in my watch list.
Sometimes you can see them but most times you can't now.

I have also noticed, on here, when clicking the Postwar tab, that sometimes modern comes up and sometimes it doesn't?

Anyone else disappointed that one can't examine previous sales like we could in the past? I know I am.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:19 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
I assume others have seen the changes but I am curious if anyone knows why, or if the changes are just a glitch or temporary?

I have noticed, when viewing old sales or e-mails about my saved listings, that when you click on the link within, it says card is now sold and they pop up another one.

I enjoyed looking at what cards sold for and I enjoyed re-examining them if I didn't do so when I chose to save them in my watch list.
Sometimes you can see them but most times you can't now.

I have also noticed, on here, when clicking the Postwar tab, that sometimes modern comes up and sometimes it doesn't?

Anyone else disappointed that one can't examine previous sales like we could in the past? I know I am.
We were discussing that the other day.

Doing what I do (exposing sellers of forgeries), I now have to take screenshots of the auctions before they end, because now when you click the link to the "Sold Auction" it directs you to a live auction.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:25 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetruthisoutthere View Post
We were discussing that the other day.

Doing what I do (exposing sellers of forgeries), I now have to take screenshots of the auctions before they end, because now when you click the link to the "Sold Auction" it directs you to a live auction.
I looked but couldn't find anything before I posted. I'd like to read that thread if you remember where it is?

On the second bold. That is something I never thought of but I can understand the problems that that might generate.

Has anyone reached out to E-Bay or were these changes already announced and like me, no one read them?

I happen to think the new way sucks, but was there a reason for this that maybe warranted the changes?
Old 06-12-2018, 06:31 PM
Robert Williams

There should be a word that says "listing" to the left that is an underlined link. When you click on it, you go to the old auction.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:35 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
There should be a word that says "listing" to the left that is an underlined link. When you click on it, you go to the old auction.
Yes...where it says "This Listing Is No Longer Available" click on the word "Listing" and it takes you to the complete item.

Last edited by slidekellyslide; 06-12-2018 at 06:35 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I just went into "ended" listings and I don't see the word "listing" nor an underlined link anywhere?

This basically all I get and the only thing left is the square box to delete the listing. (Didn't post like I hoped it would)

1952 Topps Set Break # 11 - Phil Rizzuto EX-EXMINT
ENDED
1952 Topps Set Break # 11 - Phil Rizzuto EX-EXMINT
26 BIDS:
US $221.50
SELLER:
gregmorriscards (157250)Feedback score is 157250 for gregmorriscards
100% positive feedback
eBay note: This item is out of stock
Note to self

Last edited by irv; 06-12-2018 at 06:40 PM.
Old 06-12-2018, 06:41 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Yes...where it says "This Listing Is No Longer Available" click on the word "Listing" and it takes you to the complete item.
Got it now.

Thanks!
Old 06-12-2018, 06:54 PM
Tony

I am extremely disappointed in ebay lately; They have changed for the worse for sellers {and for all} as far as I can see:

(1) guaranteeing deliveries that the post office won't do unless with the most expensive overnight shipping service
(2) offering free returns; come on and encourage scammers/flippers/prospectors/ what ever you want to call them. Buy a card try to resell higher or request a minimum grade and when you don't get it......return it on the sellers dime {seems reasonable doesn't it} or buy that shirt wear it to the party than return it. I mean really; come on man...
(3) use a product catalog with stock images{another brain storm}
(4) never be able to leave buyer negative feedback; great idea how are we sellers supposed to know the good from the bad but I guess there are no bad buyers.
(5) make it difficult to look up past prices. {thank god for vcp & psa prices realized}
(6) remove the see sellers other items feature or make it harder to search a sellers store {another brainstorm}

The list goes on and on. I am not sure who is behind all this but in a few years when they -ebay- get bought out for pennies on the $; they will wonder what & how did that happen......
Old 06-12-2018, 07:00 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

You can also put them on your eBay Watch List while they're live and they'll show you the sale price once completed.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 06-12-2018, 07:08 PM
Ron Kornacki - Uncle Nacki

I noticed the issue too. I was bidding on something during the last few seconds and was outbid and the page refreshed as the auction ended and showed me a complete different card and told me that item I was looking for was unavailable.

I also got an email from ebay today that said they turned on the best offer option in my auctions because I would have a better chance of my items selling. They also said I could go into the auctions and revise them if I wanted to turn the offer option off. Well, when you list an auction, it's offer option is on by default. So I unchecked it and now ebay decides it's better to have it on. I feel like the next step they'll take is they will start accepting offers that they feel is fair. Just as they recommend a price to list at. It's comical at times.

T206 Master Monster Front/Back Set Collector - www.youtube.com/unclenacki
T206 Basic "The Monster" Set 514/524
T206 Advanced "Master Monster" Front/Back Set ????/5258
COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Old Mill Southern Leagues - Black Ink 48/48
Sweet Caporal 350-460 Factory 30 Full Color "No Prints" 28/28
NEAR COMPLETE T206 BACK SUBSETS
Polar Bear 245/250
Sovereign 460 50/52
Sweet Caporal 150 Factory 649 Overprint 31/34
Piedmont 350 "Elite 11" 9/11

Old 06-13-2018, 04:51 AM
Robert Williams

Quote:
I feel like the next step they'll take is they will start accepting offers that they feel is fair.
LOL!! Don't give them any ideas!
Old 06-13-2018, 07:06 AM
Rob

Yes...The recent changes stink. Hate the redirect to a "similar item" instead of the sold item. I know how to get there but making the site less intuitive and more clicks doesn't get me fired up to leave positive reviews of the changes...which they keep asking for. I also think the look of "My Ebay" in general, the tiny pictures on my active listings page and trying to find anything in my "sold" or "purchased" items stinks as well. The format was fine about 5 years ago. Not sure why they needed to "improve" it.

Another change I find interesting...though not sure eBay did anything to cause it...is the comeback auctions are making on eBay. A few years back eBay was striving to become another Amazon and auctions were slowly becoming obsolete. Now nearly everything in my watch list is auction format. Not sure what caused the shift back...and I have mixed feelings on it. I hate the inconvenience of having to wait 7 or 10 days for the thing to end...but like the fact you can usually get a better price in auction format than buy it now....that is if you remember to snipe in the closing seconds. I only sell things "buy it now or best offer". Is eBay offering some kind of deal if you do auction format? Can't see myself going back to it.

Last edited by Fballguy; 06-13-2018 at 07:07 AM.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:14 AM

Default ebay change

One change that irks me is when they started charging $13 per month to access a CSV file of my sales, which I refuse to pay. Since then, I've decreased my items for sale and accounting for my sales has returned to the dark ages.
Old 06-13-2018, 07:34 AM
Davi.d Sha.kir

Default top rated sellers getting shafted

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsnstuff View Post
I am extremely disappointed in ebay lately; They have changed for the worse for sellers {and for all} as far as I can see:

(1) guaranteeing deliveries that the post office won't do unless with the most expensive overnight shipping service
(2) offering free returns; come on and encourage scammers/flippers/prospectors/ what ever you want to call them. Buy a card try to resell higher or request a minimum grade and when you don't get it......return it on the sellers dime {seems reasonable doesn't it} or buy that shirt wear it to the party than return it. I mean really; come on man...
(3) use a product catalog with stock images{another brain storm}
(4) never be able to leave buyer negative feedback; great idea how are we sellers supposed to know the good from the bad but I guess there are no bad buyers.
(5) make it difficult to look up past prices. {thank god for vcp & psa prices realized}
(6) remove the see sellers other items feature or make it harder to search a sellers store {another brainstorm}

The list goes on and on. I am not sure who is behind all this but in a few years when they -ebay- get bought out for pennies on the $; they will wonder what & how did that happen......
all these new rules applies to Top Rated Sellers only !!!!
if you are Top Rated and you want to continue getting 10% off sellers final sale fees and have top rated seller badge shown you must comply with new requirements , if you do not want discount , dont do it opt out. this is Just another way ebay can save money at top rated sellers expense.
Lets face it most bad buyers will say item is not as described so as not to pay for return shipping. having to accept return for fear of negative feedback.
You have to do the bean count, last year I saved over $785 in discounted top rated seller fees , I had two people return items out of 1085 transactions during that period . So I will take my chances, and wait for the next crazy ebay requirement , to screw us top rated sellers out of any discounts

Last edited by megalimey; 06-13-2018 at 07:35 AM.