NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-19-2018, 08:16 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Default New member, no longer in the shadows

I have been lurking in the shadows for a while looking up things on the net and stumbling into net54 threads. At first, I would bypass this sites listing in my google searches, opting for Sports Collectors Digest or other sites. But after finding many top 10-20 listings on google many times, I started to read into the forum posts here. I slapped myself for not being more open-minded when I read the information contained finally in the first few I read as I found just as informative information and sometimes more, then I did in the sites I felt were more trustworthy. I first want to thank everyone for all the information I received in the past looking stuff up on the net and getting it off this site.

Now for me, I am a long time collector first off, started back in the mid-1970's (gray hair now apparent even over the net). I started selling back in the mid-1980's, by mothers force that I had too much crap in my room. We had a two bedroom apartment and my closet had more cards and comic then it did clothes. So I did occasional shows to appease her, just don't tell her I also bought cards while I was selling (shhh, she thought I was a good kid). I have always bought more than I sold, having to keep storage units most of my life to house much of my crap (I did buy too much crap in my early years).

I pretty much stopped when my wife died some years ago, not just buying and selling cards, but most everything. Well, I came back to life and it was much easier buying cards than anything else but I still enjoy it. Though I do buy too much and have too much so I am also sort of trying to sell some things now and then but don't have my heart into that as much as I probably should. But I am sure there are plenty of people on here who can relate to that.

But anyways, I am will probably be posting questions on things I have bought most recently first and then when I dig them out, other things I have bought over the years. I would like to know for selling purposes more about things that I don't exactly know what they are, or more information on them. But also so I could mark them properly when I store or display them in my next dwelling. An apartment is not holding enough room to store or display the things I definitely want to keep. Plus it would be good for the items to be marked because I am sure when I die there will still be a ton of stuff to be sold off by my relatives and it would be nice to help them out in that regard.

Anyways, I just want to say again thanks for the information I got in the past and I am sure there will be more in the future that I will learn from many of you on this site.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:24 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

welcome.!
Old 08-19-2018, 08:40 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Welcome to the forum. It is amazing that anyone finds us through Google as we aren't very Google-friendly. Good luck in your endeavors.
Old 08-19-2018, 08:56 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Welcome to the forum. It is amazing that anyone finds us through Google as we aren't very Google-friendly. Good luck in your endeavors.
Well, it could have Bing or Yahoo searches. I don't have a great memory now or ever had for that matter.
Old 08-19-2018, 10:32 PM
Howard Chasser

Default Welcome

relate to the "too much stuff" part of your story. Caught it early enough that I have been digging out for a few years already. Still have too much, but no need for storage unit anymore. Just a safe deposit box for the good stuff. The way you describe yourself - you sound a bit isolated? I encourage you to get involved here - lots of great folks. All the best.

Howard
Old 08-19-2018, 10:51 PM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
relate to the "too much stuff" part of your story. Caught it early enough that I have been digging out for a few years already. Still have too much, but no need for storage unit anymore. Just a safe deposit box for the good stuff. The way you describe yourself - you sound a bit isolated? I encourage you to get involved here - lots of great folks. All the best.

Howard
Yes, I guess I am a bit isolated, sort of self-imposed and trying to work myself out of it slowly. I have been trying to get back into more things the past couple years. Part of it would be making my place more visitor-friendly and not just boxes of stuff here and there. I do really need to sell more stuff and get a bigger place both. I want to display more things then I have room for where I am so I can enjoy them more. Stuff sitting in boxes I cannot enjoy them much, I love to see the way some people show off their collection in their houses. Thank you for your encouragement too!
Old 08-20-2018, 05:57 AM
Bruce Fairchild

Welcome!!
Old 08-20-2018, 06:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscomicfantasy View Post
Well, it could have Bing or Yahoo searches. I don't have a great memory now or ever had for that matter.
You sound like a lot of the rest of us!! You will fit right in. Just don't ask me what I did yesterday. I might not remember.
Old 08-20-2018, 07:55 AM
Kyle May

Welcome! What are your areas of focus? Pre-War? Post-War?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
It is amazing that anyone finds us through Google as we aren't very Google-friendly.
Actually, I have found Net54 popping up more and more when I have more specific/detailed card questions typed into Google.

- Hall of Famers
Progress: 318/340 (93.53%)

- Grover Hartley PC
Needs: T207 Anonymous Factory 25 Back, 1914 New York Evening Sun Supplements, 1917 D328 Weil Baking Co., and (possibly) 1917 Merchant's Bakery

- Jim Thome PC

- Cleveland Indians Franchise Hall of Fame
Old 08-20-2018, 07:57 AM
Bob McLean

Welcome aboard.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:37 AM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by KMayUSA6060 View Post
Welcome! What are your areas of focus? Pre-War? Post-War?
Pretty much anything from hall of famers, when I have the money. I do enjoy the rarer or more unique items. I don't have much pre-war, most is post-war that I have, and I do have a lot of those who became hall of famers most recently from my young collecting days of course.
Old 08-20-2018, 08:59 AM
Bob K.

Welcome! I've been trying to kick the habit for years, to no avail. Just enjoy it.
Old 08-20-2018, 09:05 AM
Michael
Michae! Sh@cter

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmancards View Post
Welcome! I've been trying to kick the habit for years, to no avail. Just enjoy it.
Oh, I kick the habit everytime I am out of money, but I am still working so I still buy when I have my bills paid and there is money left over!