NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-30-2016, 06:58 AM

Default Best Way to Store Sheets

What is the best way to store sheets?

Over the years I have acquired a number of full "half" sheets. I prefer to store them flat, but doing so is quite cumbersome. What methods do you guys use?

Z
Old 11-30-2016, 07:29 AM
Ben North

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zach Wheat View Post

Over the years I have acquired a number of full "half" sheets. I prefer to store them flat, but doing so is quite cumbersome. What methods do you guys use?

Z
I have a.stack of error.sheets stacked in the corner of my card room. Have always thought one of those poster displays is stores would be great. When I get home later and not on my phone I will add a link to some I have been considering.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:13 AM
Al Richter

Default Storing

I use artist's portfolio binders to store some of my larger Topps insert or odd items, like the 69 Team posters. They come in all sizes and have multiple pages to hold flat items. Some are huge, but not sure about half sheets. I have framed several sheets for my study

Have not forgotten your project ZachK

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 11-30-2016 at 08:14 AM.
Old 11-30-2016, 08:26 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Fold them neatly and place them in the linen closet.

Old 11-30-2016, 09:34 AM
Sean Sullivan

I use bat tubes. They seem to work just fine.
Old 11-30-2016, 09:57 AM
Anthøny N. ex

most of mine (half sheet and smaller) fit in a large flat file I had built, but the full sheets go in a giant card savor and then in a large box that is stored on a utility shelf.
Eventually all will get framed or sold.
Old 11-30-2016, 02:54 PM
Ben North

The winged display part on the top is what I have been looking at. The normal poster size like the one in the link is too small for full sheets. I have found others in the past that make the bigger size needed for a full baseball card sheet.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poster-Displ...IAAOxygPtSsi6c
Old 11-30-2016, 03:38 PM

Default Full Sheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
The winged display part on the top is what I have been looking at. The normal poster size like the one in the link is too small for full sheets. I have found others in the past that make the bigger size needed for a full baseball card sheet.http://www.ebay.com/itm/Poster-Displ...IAAOxygPtSsi6c
Thanks guys. A "half" sheet is 28 1/2" X 43". I've never thought of using the above. I am most concerned about long term protection rather than displaying. Full sheets are awkward to display - and there is increased risk of creasing the sheets every time you touch them.....so I like your idea Ben.

Z
Old 11-30-2016, 04:00 PM
Ben North

Quote:
Thanks guys. A "half" sheet is 28 1/2" X 43". I've never thought of using the above. I am most concerned about long term protection rather than displaying. Full sheets are awkward to display - and there is increased risk of creasing the sheets every time you touch them.....so I like your idea Ben.

Z
I consider the "half" sheets as full sheets. I know I have never owned a "full" sheet, not sure if I have ever even seen one not in the production plant.
Old 12-01-2016, 04:26 AM

Default Full Sheets

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
I consider the "half" sheets as full sheets. I know I have never owned a "full" sheet, not sure if I have ever even seen one not in the production plant.
I agree with your interpretation. I have half sheets as well, which I consider to be a full sheet. Most of the sheets sold on eBay are actually half sheets ie either the "A" side or "B" side, etc. I can't imagine how cumbersome it must be collecting full size sheets.

Z
Old 12-01-2016, 04:57 AM
Dave.Horn.ish

Quote:
I agree with your interpretation. I have half sheets as well, which I consider to be a full sheet. Most of the sheets sold on eBay are actually half sheets ie either the "A" side or "B" side, etc. I can't imagine how cumbersome it must be collecting full size sheets.

Z
I doubt there's more than a handful of true full sheets out there, at least from the 50's or 60's.
Old 12-01-2016, 09:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by toppcat View Post
I doubt there's more than a handful of true full sheets out there, at least from the 50's or 60's.
I bought a number of sheets directly from the estate of a Topps exec. The estate owned numerous (i.e. many hundreds of sheets). All of the sheets were "half sheets" as described above.

Z