NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Basketball / Cricket / Tennis Cards Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 07-25-2017, 09:37 AM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by PowderedH2O View Post
Having seen Mario Lemieux play in person at least 50 times, I can say that Crosby learned from the best. Lemieux was a big, bruising player that I saw deliver crushing shots and many dirty hits. But, if someone hit him, oh, it was as if he was some innocent choirboy that was just being bullied. Yes, Gretzky had people to protect him, but Gretzky also did not deliver the dirty shots. Lemieux gave as much as he received. Maybe more.

Lemieux is such a hypocrite. He complains about how Crosby gets beat up, but then he associates himself with guys like Ulf Samuelsson, Matt Cooke, and Brooks Orpik. As a Hurricanes fan, I've witnessed two of my guys get taken out by vicious dirty hits from Pens players under Lemieux's watch. In our Stanley Cup run of 2006, Orpik boarded Erik Cole so badly that it broke his neck, and Cole never was the same player again. Cole was our #2 guy, right after Eric Staal. If that had happened to Malkin or Crosby, Mario would have gone through the roof. If Crosby or Malkin received the dirty hit that Marc Savard got from Matt Cooke, Mario would be crying to Bettman all day long. But, Cooke wouldn't have gotten that shot on Savard if Mario hadn't kept him, even after suspensions for dirty hits to Anisimov and Walker earlier.

In baseball, if a pitcher is a known headhunter, sometimes the opposing pitcher will go after a hitter for the headhunter's team in retaliation. Well, the Pens have had their share of thugs for years, so other teams make sure that they retaliate against the Pens' top asset: Crosby.

I think Crosby is a great player. But, I don't care for his complaining, especially when he is guilty of everything he complains about. I've yet to see Connor McDavid do any of this. I hope he never does. Believe me, if an Edmonton vs Pittsburgh final comes up next year (and it certainly might), this is one American that will be rooting 100% for the Oilers.
Matt Cooke, I was going to say don't get me started, but it's too late!

On his profile, it reads he was born in Belleville Ont, but he was actually born in Stirling, just north of there. My boss at work, who I have written about in this thread knows him and certainly doesn't speak highly of him!
He told me how his Dad/parents did everything for him to achieve his goal of playing in the NHL but he has given zero back to them,,,, ever! He is a real scumbag!
When he won the Stanley Cup with Pitts, he was going to bring the Cup to Stirling, as most players do with their home towns, but he never showed!
The town organized a parade, hung banners, got word out, etc, but sadly, without notification, Cooke nor the Cup showed up! Being such a small town, this was a big deal to them that one of their own won the Cup and was bring it home. People, to say the least were disappointed, but those that knew him, or of him, like my boss, weren't surprised in the least. They knew he was that kind of person.

Don Cherry hated him, and rightfully so. Cooke even went at Don Cherry, if you can imagine that, but Cherry did not back down and told him right to his face!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Nig2naN8NTs

This is the best video ever of Matt Cooke. I just wish it lasted longer!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xW9Sp-WndwA

This is another one, Karma, what goes around comes around! Cooke deserved everything he got and was one of the most hated hockey players in the NHL at that time.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KbYJHbU0XOE

Keith, who is no angel himself, also got him good after Cooke tried the same
thing with him. I just wish, like Cooke did to Savard, that Keith's hit put him out for good!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1_nWxWdSvY0

I also believe, and nothing will ever change my mind, even though the NHL said it was accidental, that Cooke's slash to the back of Karlsson's achilles tendon was intentional.
People can watch and say, no way, but he was a cheap shot artist and I truly believe what he did, was intentional, premeditated and deliberate!

Speaking of Lemieux, and I agree with everything that you say, by the way, I was once told Gordie Howe grabbed him by his throat and brought him to his knees after he refused to sign some kids hockey cards.
Allegedly, Howe told him, these kids/fans pay your salary so don't forget that, and supposedly Lemieux obliged after that interaction with Howe.
Got too love Gordie Howe!