NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-20-2002, 11:35 AM
Administrator

Default another honest ebay seller

Posted By: john(z28jd) 

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1837239919
i'll assume most people here know this is a reprint but if you look at the other auction that he references,you'll notice its the exact same scan,both o/c,same stains etc. and he got feedback 5 days later for it so he delivers very fast(wasnt paypal payment because he doesnt except anything but m.o.'s or cashiers checks)... http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1834803994
he has also sold a magie portrait,a demmitt st louis with an american beauty back(very rare) and a green ty cobb portrait with a ty cobb back.....look for a michael jordan rookie to be sold by him soon,but he wont be sure if its real or not,just a hunch

Old 06-20-2002, 11:43 AM
Administrator

current high bidder also has 99 bid retractions since may 29th! yikes,talk about indecisive

Old 06-20-2002, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: John Wojak

Somebody paid over $200 for the other one of these? Amazing. Then again, anybody who knows so little about vintage cards as to think that they might find a real T206 Cobb with a Ty Cobb back on ebay with no reserve has absolutely no business bidding that much money on something they know less than nothing about. Buyer deserved what he got as a penalty for not doing the slightest bit of research.

Old 06-20-2002, 03:28 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dan Mathewson

I only believe in that old addage to a point, folks. I think it's the responsibility of many of us to let other people know of Fraud, just like Scott did when I first put in a bid on the PRO-encased E90-1 Mathewson almost a year ago. I wasn't aware of PRO's reputation then, or of that particular seller's history of selling the trimmed cards in PRO holders, along with a very recent common player (cheap) card in MINT condition in a PSA holder (to give her auction more credibility). Scott was kind enough to say "Hey Dan! Alert, Alert!" And, he explaind the scam to be and the sheister behind it. He also saved me my $300 bid and any amount I may have gone higher. I simply didn't know, and that was a super, friendly courtesy on his part. People don't need to learn that a burner is hot by letting them grab it... we can also extend the courtesy and let them know first. If we just "let it happen", then we've allowed another uneducated person get scr----, and we've let a sheister get another several hundred bucks (or more) for a piece of garbage. The latter part is REALLY what I don't want to happen: the rip-off artists to be continually reinforced to pull this crap. We need to tell people!

Just my opinion...but, I think people need to be educated and occasionally helped out. I really appreciated it when Scott helped me! (thanks again, Scott!)

Old 06-20-2002, 03:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Eric Angyal

That CARDSOLD bid on this item as I have purchased material from Norris before. Doesnt make any sense to me.

Eric

Old 06-20-2002, 04:05 PM
Administrator

figure he should know thats not a real t206 ty cobb back because hes told me numerous times he has one already. I hope this isnt the same as the one he claims to have...now im wondering why he bid on this

Old 06-20-2002, 04:38 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Dr.Richard Koos

....to warn me off of the Pro graded '8' 1952 Topps Mantle when the auction was pulled from Ebay. I WAS the leading bidder at $12,200 or so and when I contacted the seller, was told that the auction had to be terminated due to Ebay listing policy. I had NO knowledge of the Vintage Talkboard, and no inkling of what it meant to be purchasing a card graded by Pro. I met with the seller and purchased it for $12,500 and repeated my mistake on an E90-1 Jax in Pro '7' for $8900.00 . I received no warnings, no heads up, not a red flag from ANYONE. I had just started collecting and I learned the hard way on "in-house" Pro graded cards. I fault no one but myself for walking willingly headlong staright into the wallet shredding buzz-saw.

Old 06-21-2002, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John Wojak

Dan, I do agree with you to a point, but I also think that a buyer has a certain amount of obligation to educate himself before plunking down their money. Also, many people on this board have tried in the past to warn bidders on questionable material, only to be hit with warnings and threats from both ebay and the sellers about "tampering" with auctions. If ebay took a more helpful posture toward complaints of potential fraud instead of turning a blind eye and protecting their sellers, these things might happen less often.

Old 06-21-2002, 11:15 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

I WROTE YOU AND TOLD YOU THAT MANTLE WAS AN ALTERED PIECE OF TURD!!!!

and that's the rest of the story!

Old 06-24-2002, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian C Daniels

.is more like it!

Old 06-28-2002, 08:38 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John(z28jd)

for a guy who was down to his last one( which sold for $150) this guy sure must be lucky to keep finding these rare cards and in unbelievably similar condition
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=1839858604