NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-17-2012, 06:27 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Default Projects...

Does anyone have any projects they are working on? It can be recently completed, just started, or you just need a couple of things to finish it off.

I decided a couple of years ago that I was going to collect the 1927 Murderers Row. Over time when I was researching the 1927 Murderers Row, I decided I was going to collect the 1918 Murderers Row as well (which was only six guys: Frank Gilhooley, Roger Peckinpaugh, Home Run Baker, Del Pratt, Wally Pipp, and Ping Bodie.

Here's scans of the autographs I do have so far, notice I have all in black ink so with just one left, I'd like to get a Home Run Baker 3x5 or a nice size cut (not a check cut though) in black ink if you can help! The Gilhooley, Pipp, and Bodie all came from great members of this forum!!

Old 04-17-2012, 06:48 AM
R Dixon

Default Astros

I'm working on a collection of Houston Colt 45's / Astros signed Topps base cards. Not sure that I'll ever get them all. It's a lot of fun though. I live in the Houston area so I get most of the current player sigs from team sponsored events. I've been successful getting a lot of the older players through the mail. Here's a link to my collection so far:

http://dixonsbaseballcards.weebly.co...ned-cards.html
Old 04-17-2012, 07:01 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post
I'm working on a collection of Houston Colt 45's / Astros signed Topps base cards. Not sure that I'll ever get them all. It's a lot of fun though. I live in the Houston area so I get most of the current player sigs from team sponsored events. I've been successful getting a lot of the older players through the mail. Here's a link to my collection so far:

That's a really cool collection! I'm a big fan of Bob Aspromonte's signature
Old 04-17-2012, 08:00 AM

Back in High School, I started working on a signed 1957 Topps set. Ended up with over 300 cards signed before I took a break to go to college, started a family. It at some point I will finish it up.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Keith

Default 1934-36 Diamond Stars

I'm working on a 1934-36 Diamond Stars autographed set. Not surprisingly, it is slow-going, but a lot of fun. I'm only working toward #1-96; I'm not going to bother getting duplicate autos. So far, I have 22/96.

Here's a link to my SGC registry set (it doesn't include #56 Suhr, #57 Blanton, or #67 Owen, which I haven't crossed over from PSA/DNA yet):
http://www.sgccardregistry.com/set.a...4&userset=6577

If anyone has any signed Diamond Stars that they are looking to sell, please let me know.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:14 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

I'm trying to build a "set" of 1939 play ball autos...just the hall of famers. It started when I was 21, I was passed down a signed 39 DiMaggio from my grandfather (they were apparently first cousins)

As it stands now, I have the DiMaggio obviously. Plus

Mel Ott
Lloyd Waner
Paul Waner
Chas. Gehringer
Bobby Doerr
Lefty Gomez
Hank Greenberg
Leo Durocher
Red Ruffing
Carl Hubbell

So I'm close to done, the final few are elusive though. Especially Teddy
Old 04-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Great thread. I also think it would be great if we start some threads on individual teams that a lot of us tend to collect where we can discuss the problems of finding certain autos, the dificulty of certain formats (3x5, photo, baseball cards etc). Matt, even though you're collecting murderers row, you could start a thread on the 1918 yankees and then discuss the subset within that (maybe we could be consistent on the titles of each thread...something like "Collecting the 19xx Yankees) etc. . I think those types of threads can help a collector determine if he/she wants to start a team project or maybe just a subset of that particular team.
Ok, here are some of my finished and current team projects:
1. 1971 - 1975 Playoff and WS roster Oakland A's ....Complete and framed.
2. 1960 Complete Pirates roster/owners/announcers - Just need the team trainer to complete.
3. 1934 Cardinals (gas house gang)...need owner Sam Breadon and GM Branch Rickey
4. 1961 Yankees - Need owner Del Webb only
5. 1955 Dodgers - Need about 10 more but deciding what format for each.
6. 1919 Black Sox -I have about 14 team members
7. 1927 Yankees - I have about 14 team/mgmt members.
8. 1969 Cubs - I work on this one when the other's are not moving forward. I currently have 12 on 1969 or 1970 topps cards.
Here's a link to all my projects:
http://sportscollectorsdaily.ning.co...MikeRichardson
Old 04-17-2012, 09:06 AM
Mike

I'm have been working on a Brooklyn Dodgers autograph collection on Index cards for the past 10 years. All 200 Plus have been obtain through the mail. I ask for each player to write a famous Quote or a memorable monent during a game or there career. I have about 100 of the 200 with a quote or memoarable moments. Many players from the 40's-50's have past on so I'm trying to obtain some that I don't have from Card shows is quite challanging.

Second project Working on Collecting baseballs of Brooklyn Dodger players, currently have over 100 mostly of the common player with some stars. Snider, Reese Campanella, Koufax and Drysdale. Many older players have past on from the 40's and 50's so finding other players at card shows or Ebay are harder to come by. That makes the hunt even more fun. The thrill of the Hunt is what keeps me going.

Mike

Last edited by brookdodger55; 04-17-2012 at 09:08 AM.
Old 04-17-2012, 09:52 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Hi Mike. I love the Brooklyn Dodgers and wish you good luck in your collecting. You may already have all of these, or may already know this, but Richard Simon has two seperate sections on his website for Yankees and Brooklyn Dodgers, and has balls from many players...might be worth a look.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:08 PM

Default No-hit pitcher autographs

I collect the autographs of every pitcher in the ML that pitched a no-hitter since 1893. 1893 is the year that the mound distance changed to the 60' 6" standard. Over 260 pitchers have been involved in throwing a no-hitter.

My want list is down to about 18....
Old 04-17-2012, 12:32 PM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

1939.jpg

there's the '39s

if anyone has others or sees them anywhere, im always looking
Old 04-17-2012, 12:47 PM
M@rk Cl@ry

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post

there's the '39s

if anyone has others or sees them anywhere, im always looking
I've always thought of doing something similar but don't have the ability to focus. They look great. Who's left outside of Teddy Ballgame?
Old 04-17-2012, 12:52 PM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by bender07 View Post
I've always thought of doing something similar but don't have the ability to focus. They look great. Who's left outside of Teddy Ballgame?
Heinie Manush
Bill dickey
Chuck Klein
Rick Ferrell
Arky Vaughan
Earl averill.

So 7 more to go total. I did find one Williams, but the signature was on the reverse, AND the owner wanted north of $4,000 for it, so clearly I didn't pull that trigger

Last edited by phikappapsi; 04-17-2012 at 12:53 PM.
Old 04-17-2012, 12:57 PM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Those 39's are very nice. I would have thought that Averill, Dickey and Ferrell would have been common. Do you know why they aren't?...short print of cards, etc?
Old 04-17-2012, 01:10 PM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

I can't come up with a good explanation either. When I started I assumed ott, waners, and Williams would be the tough ones.

To be fair, as far as I know the Ott and both Waners are 1/1

Can't come up with a good reason why Dickey, Ferrell and Averill aren't easier. I see their 40 and 41s signed all the time. 1939 not so much.
Old 04-17-2012, 08:44 PM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

Love the thread, and would love help with my current projects. Here they are:

1919 Reds - looking for Hod Eller.

1919 Black Sox - looking for Abe Attell, and Pat Ragan

1914 Miracle Braves - looking for Lefty Tyler, Bert Whaling, Possum Whitted, Herbie Moran, Oscar Dugey, Paul Strand, Butch Schmidt, Salida Tom Hughes, Dick Crutcher

1903 Boston Americans - looking for Long Tom Hughes

Can anyone please help?

Steve
Old 04-17-2012, 08:49 PM
C.hris Bl.and

I am working on a signed 1984 topps set, which is the first year I started collecting baseball cards as a kid. I am about 200 cards in and buy them here and there when I am not spending my money on vintage cards.

It is a pretty challenging set. There are a TON of multi-player cards that are quite difficult to get completely signed. In addition to this, there is one card from the set that is almost impossible to get signed - Byron McLaughlin. 1984 was his last year in baseball and he disappeared from the U.S. as a fugitive soon after. Supposedly he lives in Europe - it is the Wagner of signed 1984 topps...

Type 1 photos of baseball HOFers
N172 Old Judge Portraits

Will buy or trade for the above. Check out my cards at:

www.imageevent.com/crb972
Old 04-17-2012, 09:14 PM
Jon Canfield

I have a 1960 Topps Yankees team set...

Here's a few...

Old 04-17-2012, 11:57 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by phikappapsi View Post
I can't come up with a good explanation either. When I started I assumed ott, waners, and Williams would be the tough ones.

To be fair, as far as I know the Ott and both Waners are 1/1

Can't come up with a good reason why Dickey, Ferrell and Averill aren't easier. I see their 40 and 41s signed all the time. 1939 not so much.
I got a Ferrell tucked away somewhere that I got signed in the early 1990's. Will post it when I find it.
Old 04-18-2012, 01:33 AM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Great thread. I also think it would be great if we start some threads on individual teams that a lot of us tend to collect where we can discuss the problems of finding certain autos, the dificulty of certain formats (3x5, photo, baseball cards etc). Matt, even though you're collecting murderers row, you could start a thread on the 1918 yankees and then discuss the subset within that (maybe we could be consistent on the titles of each thread...something like "Collecting the 19xx Yankees) etc. . I think those types of threads can help a collector determine if he/she wants to start a team project or maybe just a subset of that particular team.
Ok, here are some of my finished and current team projects:
1. 1971 - 1975 Playoff and WS roster Oakland A's ....Complete and framed.
2. 1960 Complete Pirates roster/owners/announcers - Just need the team trainer to complete.
3. 1934 Cardinals (gas house gang)...need owner Sam Breadon and GM Branch Rickey
4. 1961 Yankees - Need owner Del Webb only
5. 1955 Dodgers - Need about 10 more but deciding what format for each.
6. 1919 Black Sox -I have about 14 team members
7. 1927 Yankees - I have about 14 team/mgmt members.
8. 1969 Cubs - I work on this one when the other's are not moving forward. I currently have 12 on 1969 or 1970 topps cards.
Here's a link to all my projects:
http://sportscollectorsdaily.ning.co...MikeRichardson
I'd love to see your completed gashouse gang collection when you are finished Mike! I'm just trying to complete the players right now before moving on to the owner/GM/Coaches. I'm down to one player; Jim Lindsey. I feel like i'm late to the party collecting this team and may never find one of his But, alas, the hunt continues...that's what makes this an enjoyable hobby.

Last edited by gashousegang_1; 04-18-2012 at 01:34 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:22 AM
Bilko Glasier

Quote:
Originally Posted by canjond View Post

thats a gorgeous Roger Maris on the left there
Old 04-18-2012, 05:33 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss View Post
Love the thread, and would love help with my current projects. Here they are:

1919 Reds - looking for Hod Eller.

1919 Black Sox - looking for Abe Attell, and Pat Ragan

1914 Miracle Braves - looking for Lefty Tyler, Bert Whaling, Possum Whitted, Herbie Moran, Oscar Dugey, Paul Strand, Butch Schmidt, Salida Tom Hughes, Dick Crutcher

1903 Boston Americans - looking for Long Tom Hughes

Can anyone please help?

Steve
Hi Steve,
I'm sorry that I can't help with your collection, but I can tell you that Salida Tom Hughes is a real toughee as I've been looking for him for quite a few years myself for my no-hit pitcher autograph collection.

Hod Eller is another toughee to find. I have owned two, one of which is the GPC that I presently own as well as an album page pencil cut that I have since sold to another collector.

I will let you know if I hear about another Hod Eller being available in the hobby. Anticipate that both of these sigs are going to be very pricey, but you probably already know this.

Here is a look at Salida Tom when he was a member of the Miracle Braves and NY Highlanders as well as a look at my vintage Hodd Eller GPC.

Good luck in your search. These appear to be tough themes to complete, but that's what makes it fun, right?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Thomas L. Hughes Boston Braves snapshot.jpg (38.8 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Thomas L. Hughes 1906 NY Highlanders snapshot.jpg (28.6 KB, 158 views)
File Type: jpg Hod Eller GPC and picture.jpg (67.4 KB, 158 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 04-18-2012 at 05:37 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:34 AM
Steve S.
St.eve S@lem

Quote:
Originally Posted by gashousegang_1 View Post
I'd love to see your completed gashouse gang collection when you are finished Mike! I'm just trying to complete the players right now before moving on to the owner/GM/Coaches. I'm down to one player; Jim Lindsey. I feel like i'm late to the party collecting this team and may never find one of his But, alas, the hunt continues...that's what makes this an enjoyable hobby.
J*Birkholm has a 1931 team A/P for sale on his site. Lindsey is one of the signers.

Last edited by ss; 04-18-2012 at 08:54 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:35 AM
M@tt Schw@de

Quote:
Originally Posted by MacDice View Post
I got a Ferrell tucked away somewhere that I got signed in the early 1990's. Will post it when I find it.
Sounds like you have a potential buyer that is waiting in line!
Old 04-18-2012, 05:36 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Hey Brandon, don't feel bad because I was fairly late to the party too. I happened to get lucky and found the Lindsey a couple of years ago. Kevin Keating says that Delancey, Fullis and Lindsey are the hardest but in my experience I think the Lindsey is much harder than the other two. The good news is that the coaches/GM/owner are all fairly easy, and, if you want to add an additional name I'd suggest the announcer France Laux.
Old 04-18-2012, 05:45 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by ss View Post
Jodi.Birkh0lm has a 1931 team A/P for sale on his site. Lindsey is one of the signers.
Hey Brandon, I checked out Jodi's website and that A/P would also take care of Sam Breadon and Buzzy Wares for you. Also, not all the names are listed so maybe Mike Gonzalez is on there too.

Last edited by mr2686; 04-18-2012 at 07:29 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 06:32 AM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Originally Posted by mschwade View Post
Sounds like you have a potential buyer that is waiting in line!
He does indeed
Old 04-18-2012, 06:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
I can tell you that Salida Tom Hughes is a real toughee as I've been looking for him for quite a few years myself for my no-hit pitcher autograph collection.
"Long" Tom Hughes:
Old 04-18-2012, 07:08 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
"Long" Tom Hughes:
Hi David,
Thanks for posting the Long Tom Hughes signature.

"Long" Tom Hughes = Thomas J. Hughes, correct?
The notation in his letter references him playing for Washington, so he is not the Highlander if I have this right.

"Salida" Tom = Thomas L. Hughes which played for the Highlanders and the Boston Braves.

Do you own a Thomas L. Hughes autograph in you Highlander personal autograph collection? Just curious as I would love to know what his signature looks like...
Old 04-18-2012, 07:17 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I hate when there are multiple players from the same era with the same name:
George Davis, Bill James, Tom Hughes, etc.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:35 AM

Quote:
Hi David,
Thanks for posting the Long Tom Hughes signature.

"Long" Tom Hughes = Thomas J. Hughes, correct?
The notation in his letter references him playing for Washington, so he is not the Highlander if I have this right.

"Salida" Tom = Thomas L. Hughes which played for the Highlanders and the Boston Braves.

Do you own a Thomas L. Hughes autograph in you Highlander personal autograph collection? Just curious as I would love to know what his signature looks like...
Thomas J. Hughes is the Highlander.

* Chicago Orphans (1900–1901)
* Baltimore Orioles (1902)
* Boston Americans (1902–1903)
* New York Highlanders (1904)
* Washington Senators (1904–1909, 1911–1913)

The ALS above was written by him.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:46 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post

Very cool project - I had bids in on the Colt 45's balls in the recent Legendary auction, but took home only the '67 Astros one.

I have only one autograph project: signed letters with baseball content, for each of my favorite pre-wwi players. So far have only Cobb and Johnson, but when I can afford more I will start looking for Wagner, Mathewson, Speaker to start.

Last edited by Runscott; 04-18-2012 at 08:48 AM.
Old 04-18-2012, 08:53 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by David Atkatz View Post
Thomas J. Hughes is the Highlander.

* Chicago Orphans (1900–1901)
* Baltimore Orioles (1902)
* Boston Americans (1902–1903)
* New York Highlanders (1904)
* Washington Senators (1904–1909, 1911–1913)

The ALS above was written by him.
Thanks David, good to know. Thomas L. was also a NY Highlander as well then, correct? This is the way I read it on retrosheet...
Old 04-18-2012, 09:03 AM

That's right.

Thomas L. Hughes:

* New York Highlanders (1906–1910)
* Boston Braves (1914–1918)
Old 04-18-2012, 06:10 PM

I know this will be very bland to most of you on this board but I have had a blast the last few years obtaining single signed baseballs of HOF'ers. Initially I have focused on the legends of the late 30's - 60's as they are who my dad and grandpa always told me about. I am doing it a little bit different than most I expect. Though I think authenticators are a great tool to utilize in the hobby, I personally didn't want a collection based predominantly on opinion's so I decided to try to purchase only certified examples from respected companies (UDA, Steiner, Reggie Jackson Authenticated...) whom the desired HOF'er had a contract with or from their own personal companies. Since many of these guys have passed I decided this was my best bet at an authentic piece and then if something like this is not available I will look to examples from respected authenticators. I know that they aren't perfect but feel confident they know more than I. I just love baseball and this is a fun way to keep it going since my playing days as a kid are over.

Heres what I have so far...

1) Mickey Mantle - Upper Deck Authenticated
2) Ted Williams - Upper Deck Authenticated
3) Joe Dimaggio - Yankee Clipper Enterprises / Steiner
4) Sandy Koufax - MLB Authenticated/Steiner/Online Authentic
5) Willie Mays - Steiner/ Say Hey
6) Stan Musial HOF 69 Inscr. - Reggie Jackson Authenticated
7) Hank Aaron - Steiner
8) Ernie Banks - 512 HR Inscr. - Steiner
9) Eddie Mathews - Steiner/Rothstein Collection
10) Al Kaline - Upper Deck Authenticated
11) Duke Snider HOF 80 Inscr. - MLB Authenticated
12) Bob Feller HOF 62 - Inscr. - Reggie Jackson Auth.
13) Warren Spahn 363 wins Inscr. - Steiner
14) Whitey Ford - Upper Deck Auth.
15) Bob Gibson HOF 81 Inscr. - Steiner
16) Carl Yastrzemski - Upper Deck Auth.
17) Reggie Jackson Mr. October Inscr. - Upper Deck Auth.
18) Frank Robinson - Upper Deck Auth.
19) Yogi Berra - MLB/Steiner
19) Harmon Killebrew HOF 84 - Reggie Jackson Auth.
20) Don Drysdale - Upper Deck Auth.
21) Ralph Kiner HOF 75 Inscr. - Reggie Jackson Auth.
22) Monte Irvin - Steiner/PSA/Topps
23) Buck Leonard - PSA
24) Enos Slaughter HOF 85 Inscription - Online COA (local company from local show)
25) Nolan Ryan - JSA (gift..will most likely add a Ryan Express hologram'ed ball)
26) Cal Ripken Jr. 1983 WS Ball - Ripken Hologram & Scoreboard/Goldin COA

Non HOF players who will be or are personal favorites:

1) Chipper Jones - UDA
2) Ken Griffey Jr. - UDA
3) Josh Hamilton - friend of some of my family, personal gift
4) Don Newcombe - Cy Young and NL MVP inscr. - Reggie Jackson Auth.
5) Greg Maddux - Goldin Sports Hologram/COA (Scoreboard)

Anyone have anything you feel may fit what I am doing and would like to sell please let me know...Thanks

Last edited by Tuna82; 04-18-2012 at 06:38 PM.
Old 04-18-2012, 11:19 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by mr2686 View Post
Hey Brandon, I checked out Jodi's website and that A/P would also take care of Sam Breadon and Buzzy Wares for you. Also, not all the names are listed so maybe Mike Gonzalez is on there too.
Thanks guys, I actually attempted to purchase that sheet sometime right after christmas...it's fantastic!! Unfortunately it is no longer available. If someone purchased that sheet and doesn't need the lindsey i'd make it worth your while if you'd sell me the Lindsey Cut!!! This is a great thread BTW.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:11 AM

I have three or four autograph projects going right now,but the one that seems to keep my interest the most is a signed 1953 Red Man set. I have been working on it for about 4-5 years now and still only have it about 35% complete.
Old 04-19-2012, 05:43 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

I love those Red Man cards and they look super when signed. Good luck on your 1953 project!
Old 04-20-2012, 05:03 AM

Thanks Mike,
When I finally call it completed I'm gonna have them framed,should look pretty cool
Old 04-20-2012, 07:09 AM
Jerry.Gal.le.ano

Default 1931 Metropolitan Studios

This project is really on the back burner due to apparent scarcity. I need two more in this Cardinals set to be complete- Dizzy Dean and Branch Rickey. Those two leave a pretty big hole.
Old 04-20-2012, 07:27 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by J.McMurry View Post
Thanks Mike,
When I finally call it completed I'm gonna have them framed,should look pretty cool
Did you happen to see the Nelson Fox signed 53 on ebay right now. Don't see that one too often.
Old 04-20-2012, 10:34 AM

Oh yeah, thats sweet. I 'll keep an eye on it,but I'm sure as the hours count down it will get into the "crazy money" level quickly.

Thanks for the heads up.
Old 04-21-2012, 02:27 PM

Quote:
Here is my 1939 Rick Ferrell. I wish it was a little more centered...

Old 04-21-2012, 02:36 PM
Joe H
Joe He.rne

Quote:
Here is my 1939 Rick Ferrell. I wish it was a little more centered...

Would you be willing to sell?
Old 04-21-2012, 03:11 PM
Sean Brennan

REALLY looking or a signed pat Malone 33 goudey to complete my cubs set

1933 goudeys cubs signed.jpg

1933 goudeys cubs signed 2.jpg
Old 12-06-2012, 08:49 PM
Brandon

Well it's the end of the year and I figured I give this old thread a bump to see if others have made any progress on their own projects....or give others the opportunity to ask for more help with their projects. I just finished my Gashouse Gang collection this month as I was finally able to pick up a Jim Lindsey cut. I've never been so happy to pick up an autograph of someone so irrelevant. Also added a Delancey signed photo as well..I had a cut of him already but I figured signed photos of him are so rare that i'd go ahead and upgrade. If you've made additions to your projects this year I'd love to see some photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Merchandise 004.jpg (73.2 KB, 131 views)
File Type: jpg Merchandise 005.jpg (70.1 KB, 132 views)
Old 12-06-2012, 09:38 PM

Quote:
I collect the autographs of every pitcher in the ML that pitched a no-hitter since 1893. 1893 is the year that the mound distance changed to the 60' 6" standard. Over 260 pitchers have been involved in throwing a no-hitter.

My want list is down to about 18....
I scratched one off my list this year. "Death Valley" Jim Scott. 17 to go...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Death Valley Jim Scott signed cut.jpg (54.4 KB, 108 views)

Last edited by Scott Garner; 12-06-2012 at 09:38 PM.
Old 12-07-2012, 05:22 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Nice pickup Brandon. I still need the Breadon and Rickey, but It's kinda been on the back burner. Breadon especially since most people were waiting to find out if he would make the HOF this year so they took most of his sigs off the market. My goal is to finish it up by end of year 2013.