NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 10-01-2017, 08:48 PM
Scott Ti3k

Default NHL Season starts soon!

My beloved (but beleaguered) Blues start the regular season with the Penguins on the 4th.

A lot of injuries already piling up and Allen has looked Shaky in goal in the pre-season. I love the Brayden Schenn pick up and hope some of the kids can step up. Maybe we can Jagr for some depth.

How do you feel about your teams chances this year?
Old 10-01-2017, 08:49 PM

Go Kings Go!
Old 10-01-2017, 08:54 PM
Scott Ti3k

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dewey View Post
Go Kings Go!
Come on you guys won it all in 2012 & 2014.... My Blues have won.. um.. will.. yeah.. NEVER!!

haha
Old 10-02-2017, 07:55 AM
bi11h00d

Blackhawks fan. With all the roster turnover, have to take a wait and see approach but am cautiously optimistic. Main guys Panarin, Hjalmarsson, Hossa and Kruger all gone. Also Darling, Oduya, Campbell and some 4th liners gone. In are Saad and Sharp, some minimum salary FAs, plus a much re-worked defense, including a new back-up goalie. A few young guys, all forwards, to be excited about include Schmaltz, Hayden and Debrincat. Debrincat is a 19 yr old, 5' 7" smurf rookie who score 60+ goals three straight years in the OHL. I think the general expectation is to be one of the lower (i.e. worse) playoff teams.
Old 10-02-2017, 08:07 AM
H Murphy

Default Bruins

This SHOULD be an interesting season for the B`s. Finally a coach that wants to play some more open hockey and is in the position to at least trust his younger players for the foreseeable future. The fans are excited and the blend of veterans and newcomers should keep this squad in the top 4-5 teams conference wise all year. This Thursday is a Boston fan`s dream. looks like the Sox/Astros in the afternoon, Bruins opener at 7:00 and the Pats/Bucs at 8:30. On a side note, Belichick ALWAYS says the Sept version isn`t the Jan team but W O W, that`s they worst NFL defense I`ve seen in a while ! "long Live The Chief"
Old 10-02-2017, 09:28 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by cardsfan73 View Post

How do you feel about your teams chances this year?
Leafs biggest issue is their defense. They did draft some kid from Sweden, but I am not sure if he made the team. Maybe they will let him play in the minors this year for conditioning. I have not been following this team during the off-season, but I sure hope they signed somebody who can help them back there.

It would also be nice if they could land a power forward to help the little guys on the front.
Old 10-02-2017, 10:18 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Will be tough to kneel for canada and U.S anthems..or maybe you sit for one and stand for the other..
Old 10-02-2017, 06:12 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
Leafs biggest issue is their defense. They did draft some kid from Sweden, but I am not sure if he made the team. Maybe they will let him play in the minors this year for conditioning. I have not been following this team during the off-season, but I sure hope they signed somebody who can help them back there.

It would also be nice if they could land a power forward to help the little guys on the front.
Not to worry, the Leafs have Gardiner!

Personally, I am not sure who is going to be strong? I seen some pretty good talent in the pre-season but I have no idea if those made the big clubs?

I want the Hawks to do well as I do the Kings, but truth be known, I will be rooting for the Leafs.

I think Edmonton will be strong and I think Nashville will be right there again, if both teams stay healthy, but I think there are going to be a few teams this year that surprise a lot of us?
Old 10-02-2017, 08:11 PM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
will be tough to kneel for canada and u.s anthems..or maybe you sit for one and stand for the other..
lmao
Old 10-07-2017, 11:46 AM
€dw@rd Sk€Łt0n

Well, after one game the Red Wings looked surprisingly well, especially Mike Green, and the young guy Frk I have been dying to see on the big club. I think the addition of Trevor Daley to our D was good, he knows how to win, and should help the young D steady their play. They looked so bad last year, and are a salary cap mess with horrible contracts, but they looked better to start the season than I dared hope. Might have been a fluke, but it gives me a spark of hope. Mantha, Larkin, and Frk could be something. I hope they can solve their impasse with Athanasiou, but if it means paying too much, don't do it. Ken Holland is bad about that.

And in different news, former Red Wing Juri Hudler got in trouble on an international flight for demanding cocaine and pissing on a serving cart. That is really sad, I hope he gets the help he needs.

Collecting PCL, Southern Association, and type cards.
http://hangingjudgesports.com
Old 10-07-2017, 04:50 PM
Mike Lenart

Not sure how my Rangers will do. Seems like a lot of new faces. Goal is to make playoffs and then anything is possible. Mike
Old 10-07-2017, 08:50 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikemb View Post
Not sure how my Rangers will do. Seems like a lot of new faces. Goal is to make playoffs and then anything is possible. Mike
Not to rub salt in the wound but the Leafs are looking like a pretty decent team!

I am not planning out the parade route just yet but with last year and now the way this season is starting off, they are fun to watch again.

Pretty happy for my wife's cousin, James Neal getting the first ever goal for the Golden Knights. Getting the second one, or both goals in their win put a big smile on my face as well.
Old 10-08-2017, 07:25 AM
bi11h00d

Blackhawks play Toronto on Monday. Both teams have scored 15 goals in their first two games.
Old 10-08-2017, 08:21 AM
Mike Lenart

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
Not to rub salt in the wound but the Leafs are looking like a pretty decent team!

I am not planning out the parade route just yet but with last year and now the way this season is starting off, they are fun to watch again.

Pretty happy for my wife's cousin, James Neal getting the first ever goal for the Golden Knights. Getting the second one, or both goals in their win put a big smile on my face as well.

Well the Rangers - Toronto game last night was very entertaining! I hope Toronto has a good year and goes far in the playoffs. I do like watching them and always root for James van Riemsdyk from my home state of NJ. Mike
Old 10-08-2017, 10:31 AM
Ran-jodh Dh.ill0n

I try not to get too carried away during the regular season, because I know that the playoffs are a totally different thing. A lot of teams that kick butt during the regular season end up choking in the playoffs.

It's nice to see the Leafs winning some games now, but with their current D-men, they will probably get eliminated in the first round again. I like Morgan Rielly, but the other guys are just useless. They need a top 4 D-man.
Old 10-08-2017, 05:26 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by samosa4u View Post
I try not to get too carried away during the regular season, because I know that the playoffs are a totally different thing. A lot of teams that kick butt during the regular season end up choking in the playoffs.

It's nice to see the Leafs winning some games now, but with their current D-men, they will probably get eliminated in the first round again. I like Morgan Rielly, but the other guys are just useless. They need a top 4 D-man.
Especially those that win the Presidents Trophy.

I am the same, Rielly is good but that's about as far as it goes. Gardiner, although he can be good at times, has far too many brain cramps and does stupid sh*t all the time!
Personally, I am not sure how he has stuck with the club but Bab's must see something he likes or can work with? \

And yes, far to early, like I mentioned above, about planning the parade route just yet, with any team.
Old 10-09-2017, 05:39 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Prof_Plum View Post
Blackhawks play Toronto on Monday. Both teams have scored 15 goals in their first two games.
17 for the Hawks and only 2 against. They're showing Toronto's weakness on defense tonight and if it wasn't for Andersen, it could easily be 4-5 nothing right now!

I am torn. Do I watch the Leafs get their butts kicked or watch the Indians kick the Yankees butts?
Old 10-10-2017, 07:35 PM
D@le Irv*n

Quote:
Originally Posted by irv View Post
17 for the Hawks and only 2 against. They're showing Toronto's weakness on defense tonight and if it wasn't for Andersen, it could easily be 4-5 nothing right now!

I am torn. Do I watch the Leafs get their butts kicked or watch the Indians kick the Yankees butts?
Well, I was wrong on both games.

I was switching back and forth but mainly watching the ballgame. When the score got out of reach, I switched back to the hockey game just in time to watch Mathews get that beautiful goal!

What a great hockey player he is turning out to be!