NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 11-20-2018, 10:22 AM
Bob Donaldson

Default Question on 1961 Topps BB High Numbers

My SCD (and other price guides) lists 1961 Topps high numbers as 523 and above. However the Topps 7th series checklist card starts at #507. Why the discrepancy?

Thanks

Bob
Old 11-20-2018, 11:34 AM
Jim

Don't know why check lists that are labeled with the word "series" don't correspond exactly with the cards considered to correspond to that series but can say that this begins a trend that continues through the subsequent years on up through '66. '67 is spot on. After that some in synch - some not...
Old 11-20-2018, 01:05 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by mckinneyj View Post
Don't know why check lists that are labeled with the word "series" don't correspond exactly with the cards considered to correspond to that series but can say that this begins a trend that continues through the subsequent years on up through '66. '67 is spot on. After that some in synch - some not...
As an active collector from 1967 on, I can tell you that all the checklists from 1967 through 1973, the last year cards were issued in series, match up exactly to the numbers in the packs of that series.
Old 11-20-2018, 01:20 PM
D@rrΣn Hu.ghΣs

Yeah, like the others have said, those tough suckers start at card #523. The checklists back then didn't correspond exactly to each series (they sort of straddled them), most likely because Topps issued some of them with the previous series in order to show what cards were coming up ahead. In other words, to make the boys drool as they waited for the next bunch of cards to be released.

https://www.youtube.com/@TheJollyElm

Looking to trade? Here's my bucket:
https://www.flickr.com/photos/152396...57685904801706

“I was such a dangerous hitter I even got intentional walks during batting practice.”
Casey Stengel

Spelling "Yastrzemski" correctly without needing to look it up since the 1980s.

Overpaying yesterday is simply underpaying tomorrow.