NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 03-06-2017, 01:40 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Default Did I do Ok?

http://www.ebay.com/itm/272579619463?ul_noapp=true

Just picked this up for resale with 10% cash back ebay bucks.

Is there at least a 30% profit in here?

I don't do much low grade. Took a shot on it.

Thoughts? Thanks
Old 03-06-2017, 02:00 PM
Ben North

When you get it let me know what you want for the 57 Eddie Mathews shipped in a PWE.

I know low end cards even of super star players not named Mickey Mantle sell really cheap. Best of luck.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:01 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by bnorth View Post
When you get it let me know what you want for the 57 Eddie Mathews shipped in a PWE.

I know low end cards even of super star players not named Mickey Mantle sell really cheap. Best of luck.
Will do.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:07 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Why don't you post this on the Card side.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:08 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Why don't you post this on the Card side.
I need to. I confused the vintage forums.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:13 PM
Brian clif.ford

I'm not seeing much of a profit really unless you are selling probably higher then you would get at an ebay auction. Have no idea how the backs are. The two mantles should do okay, but I don't think the Robinson or Yaz look to be in good shape. Beside that there isn't much value there unless I'm missing something. I think you would have to take a long time to try to get max value which is hard with low grade.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:15 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruinsfan94 View Post
I'm not seeing much of a profit really unless you are selling probably higher then you would get at an ebay auction. Have no idea how the backs are. The two mantles should do okay, but I don't think the Robinson or Yaz look to be in good shape. Beside that there isn't much value there unless I'm missing something. I think you would have to take a long time to try to get max value which is hard with low grade.
I appreciate it. I just wanted those damn ebay bucks haha up to $325. I wanna get something nice. Maybe I'll just do a bunch of 99 cent auctions and make 10-20%?
Old 03-06-2017, 02:21 PM
Brian clif.ford

That honestly sounds the riskiest move to me, since you can't control the outcome.The Mantles look to be okay, but can't really tell. Most of the stars look to be pretty rough. You need a little more then $7 a card. The mantles and the HOF rc's will help alot, but there are quite a few that will probably sell in the $3-6$ range. Hope that helps.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:42 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Not to be a downer, but I am really not thinking 30% is anywhere to be found here unless the back of that 63 is pristine.

You need 8.15 per card to break even, I would say 40% of the lot is below that because of subject or condition. If you break it into individual cards and the stars help out you might get 10% for your work in my mind.

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 03-06-2017, 02:47 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by JustinD View Post
Not to be a downer, but I am really not thinking 30% is anywhere to be found here unless the back of that 63 is pristine.

You need 8.15 per card to break even, I would say 40% of the lot is below that because of subject or condition. If you break it into individual cards and the stars help out you might get 10% for your work in my mind.
Yea I understand. Took a shot. Figured for 450 (after ebay bucks) I couldn't get hurt. I find I learn best from buying and learning about the market myself, along with asking nice people like you guys.

Quote:
That honestly sounds the riskiest move to me, since you can't control the outcome.The Mantles look to be okay, but can't really tell. Most of the stars look to be pretty rough. You need a little more then $7 a card. The mantles and the HOF rc's will help alot, but there are quite a few that will probably sell in the $3-6$ range. Hope that helps.

It does. Thanks. Maybe just BIN for a dollar less than next person ? lol
Old 03-06-2017, 03:09 PM
Gr3g N@z@r3th

Default Thought

Maybe
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1002.JPG (37.8 KB, 151 views)
Old 03-06-2017, 03:52 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

You can always contact the seller and ask if they would take less than the BIN - I have made several deals that way. Just because they didn't list an OBO, doesn't mean they would not take less if they knows someone is definitely interested.

As far as the lot you purchased, I have to say there are a lot of rounded corners.

If you are looking to just do a quick flip of the lot, I doubt if anything close to 30& is possible.

At $499, I would have at least wanted better pictures.

Good Luck

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 03-06-2017, 03:53 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by clydepepper View Post
You can always contact the seller and ask if they would take less than the BIN - I have made several deals that way. Just because they didn't list an OBO, doesn't mean they would not take less if they knows someone is definitely interested.

As far as the lot you purchased, I have to say there are a lot of rounded corners.

If you are looking to just do a quick flip of the lot, I doubt if anything close to 30& is possible.

At $499, I would have at least wanted better pictures.

Good Luck

Thanks. Yes I offered 450 and he wouldn't budge. If I edge go quick flip it is 600 possible?
Old 03-06-2017, 04:39 PM
Larry More.y

If listed as single BINs on ebay, after fees, you would be lucky to clear $200 profit....I routinely buy lots like this, and based on what I have sold similar lower grade single cards for, I would expect about $200 profit on that lot. If you run them as auctions, expect to (at the VERY best) to break even, but more than likely end up in the red. So I would use BINs....research your BIN prices...some of them will surprise you like the 63 Topps #407 card has sales of EX copies of $7.

Last edited by savedfrommyspokes; 03-06-2017 at 04:39 PM.
Old 03-06-2017, 04:57 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by savedfrommyspokes View Post
If listed as single BINs on ebay, after fees, you would be lucky to clear $200 profit....I routinely buy lots like this, and based on what I have sold similar lower grade single cards for, I would expect about $200 profit on that lot. If you run them as auctions, expect to (at the VERY best) to break even, but more than likely end up in the red. So I would use BINs....research your BIN prices...some of them will surprise you like the 63 Topps #407 card has sales of EX copies of $7.
Thanks a lot. This was extremely helpful
Old 03-06-2017, 05:08 PM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
Originally Posted by EYECOLLECTVINTAGE View Post
Thanks a lot. This was extremely helpful
Yea I pretty much agree with him, though I disagree that $200 profit is very likely. The only way to really make profit here is to sell them BIN,and cross your fingers on the 1963 Mantle.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:10 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Yea I pretty much agree with him, though I disagree that $200 profit is very likely. The only way to really make profit here is to sell them BIN,and cross your fingers on the 1963 Mantle.

What could this mantle be worth if the back is good?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:29 PM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
What could this mantle be worth if the back is good?
Look at sold listings on ebay. Very common card so there is a lot to compere it too.

Not an expert and it's a bad scan, but if it is as good as it looks ( Not something to count on when compared to the other cards.) I'd say around $100? If it's real clean, maybe a bit more.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:31 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Look at sold listings on ebay. Very common card so there is a lot to compere it too.

Not an expert and it's a bad scan, but if it is as good as it looks ( Not something to count on when compared to the other cards.) I'd say around $100? If it's real clean, maybe a bit more.

I know I did compare, I was just confused because it sounded like everyone was saying it was more. I thought it looked G/VG from the scan. Fingers crossed
Old 03-06-2017, 05:33 PM
Brian clif.ford

Quote:
I know I did compare, I was just confused because it sounded like everyone was saying it was more. I thought it looked G/VG from the scan. Fingers crossed
I'd say it looks around VG to me. The Yaz is also tough to tell. It's impossible because of the glare to tell the condition. Would like to see decent pics if you can when you get them
Old 03-06-2017, 05:35 PM
Curt

I didn't check out what else the seller sells, but the description just sounds a slight bit sketchy to me. He seems to know enough to be able to maximize his return, yet takes the lazy approach.

He is aware of grading, as a few cards could grade out to hundreds, yet he photographed them in plastic sheets so you can't really tell the condition that easily and lets them go at a BIN price.

I guess why spend any time in building a good description (all the big names would have certainly gotten more views) and provide nice photos when it won't affect the end price one way or another, right?
Old 03-06-2017, 05:37 PM
Ben North

Quote:
I agree with this but how long would it take to sell them at that profit? I would think a very long time. I see 2 cards that are in the $40-$50 range and one card in the $110-$130 range. Then if you could average $7-$8 each on the rest you would be very lucky.

I would try to sell as many as possible on here before moving them to eBay to save fees.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:48 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrmopar View Post
I didn't check out what else the seller sells, but the description just sounds a slight bit sketchy to me. He seems to know enough to be able to maximize his return, yet takes the lazy approach.

He is aware of grading, as a few cards could grade out to hundreds, yet he photographed them in plastic sheets so you can't really tell the condition that easily and lets them go at a BIN price.

I guess why spend any time in building a good description (all the big names would have certainly gotten more views) and provide nice photos when it won't affect the end price one way or another, right?
Looks like he/she sells a lot of other 50-60s collectibles...he/she probably buys estate/storage locker deals....my guess is he paid a low price for those 63 cards ( a price that would make us all jealous). I would not be suspicious of a seller like this....some of my best/most profitable purchases have come from sellers like this.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:56 PM
Larry More.y

Quote:
I agree with this but how long would it take to sell them at that profit? I would think a very long time. I see 2 cards that are in the $40-$50 range and one card in the $110-$130 range. Then if you could average $7-$8 each on the rest you would be very lucky.

I would try to sell as many as possible on here before moving them to eBay to save fees.
I agree that it could take some time depending on his situation as an ebay seller.... if he is an established seller with a decent selection of other similar items, these cards will sell quicker for a greater. In my case, my ROI would be about $200 based on what I have sold similar lower grade cards via FP on ebay. However, as Ben mentioned, offering these cards first on the BST (with some quality front and back scans) would be a great idea.
Old 03-06-2017, 05:58 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

Here's my recommendation. Use these as your first submission to COMC. This is a great lot and you'll get the most money (IMO) with the least work by having COMC do the scanning, identification, storing, finding, packing, and mailing. Whatever money you do make from the lot, buy more cards on COMC for either your collection or to resell.
I probably make $200 profit a week buying and selling on COMC.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 03-06-2017, 06:03 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
Originally Posted by swarmee View Post
Here's my recommendation. Use these as your first submission to COMC. This is a great lot and you'll get the most money (IMO) with the least work by having COMC do the scanning, identification, storing, finding, packing, and mailing. Whatever money you do make from the lot, buy more cards on COMC for either your collection or to resell.
I probably make $200 profit a week buying and selling on COMC.

Not too familiar with Comc. Heard good things. Gonna check them out
Old 03-06-2017, 06:05 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:
I agree that it could take some time depending on his situation as an ebay seller.... if he is an established seller with a decent selection of other similar items, these cards will sell quicker for a greater. In my case, my ROI would be about $200 based on what I have sold similar lower grade cards via FP on ebay. However, as Ben mentioned, offering these cards first on the BST (with some quality front and back scans) would be a great idea.

I am gonna do that!
Old 03-06-2017, 06:09 PM
Stephen
Stephen Abb.ondandolo

Quote:

Great idea. Coming soon! Haha