NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-05-2009, 10:42 AM
Banned

Default vintage fantasy baseball league

We are up to the 1882 season. This is the first year of the American Association. We are in search of 2 people that would like to join the league and run teams. This is basically a draft league but you do determine batting line ups, pitching rotation, the ballpark you play in and managerial strategy. The rules are below my name on this post. This is not a time intensive thing, so if this seems like something that would appeal to you, let me know.

This has been an eye opening experience for everyone involved as far as who the good players are, etc and we learn all sorts of fun stuff from Gil, one of the managers who we think was alive back then. We would prefer that you be willing to stick it out through the 1926 season, which is all the seasons for which I have data.

Jay

Here is the basic progression of a season:

1. Keepers and new ballparks announced
2. Trading is open
3. Draft
4. Players sent to the farm team
5. Supplemental draft
6. lineups and manager settings
7. First 1/3 of season played
8. Brief period of trading and roster moves open
9. Second 1/3 of season played
10. Brief period trading and roster moves open. Last chance to send players to the farm
11. Trading closed
12. Final 1/3 of season played and results posted

The draft for the 1871 season will be for 13 players. 11 fielding positions and 2 pitchers. This will change as we progress.

* 1882 season 14 man roster

The drafts will be a traditional draft in reverse order of the standings.

* A player must have played 25% of the games in a season that the draft is taking place in order to be eligible for the regular season roster. i.e. a player has to have played 39 games in a season with 154 games.
* Players with less than 25% of games played can be drafted but they must be put on the farm team.
* Only players that actually played that season are eligible for the draft. Players that have sat out a year or two and will be playing again cannot be drafted as well as any other player that might become eligible the following year. This means no drafting rookies a year early.
* From 1880 on, a player will need to have 50% of the season's games at a position in order to eligible to start at that position.
* If a player has played 75% of the season's games but does not meet the 50% requirement for a position, the player is eligible to start at the position in which he has played 25% of the season's games.

Season length will be approximately the same as the historical season. There will be a break at the 1/3 and 2/3 point in the season to allow a limited window for trades and ensure the sim is running properly.

* If a player has played at 25% of the season's games at a position, he can be played there during the final 1/3 of the season. i.e. in an 80 game season if someone has 40 games at position and 20 at another, they will start the season at the position they played 40 games and play the other position in the final 1/3 of the season if the manager chooses to do so.

Rules of the day will be used. The sim will handle this. There is nothing you guys need to do. It just affects scoring and substitutions, etc.

Trades are allowed, but you cannot trade draft picks.

* Trading is open from the time the last team announces its keepers until the start of the regular season. You will also have a very limited window to make trades at each break point in the season.
* Draft picks CANNOT be traded.
* They do not need to be one-for-one. You can have a 2 for 1, 3 for 5 or whatever you like.
* The team losing players from their roster will need to fill those slots with players from the free agent pool of undrafted players.
* The team acquiring players beyond the roster limit can put them on their farm team.
* The players put on the farm team do not have to be the players acquired in the trade. You send anyone to the farm to get your roster to the right size.
* Trades cannot be made for future considerations or swap backs at the end of the season.

Farm Team:

* Players that were drafted with fewer than 25% of games played or players acquired in a trade may be placed on the farm team.
* A supplemental draft will be held after players are placed on the farm team.
* Players can only be on the farm team for one year. You either have to put him on your keeper list at the end of the year or release him back to the free agent pool.
* You cannot keep more players than what you are allowed. If you have 3 players on your farm and won the league you can only keep one player, either from your farm team or regular roster. Putting them on your farm team does not mean you automatically get to keep them.
* Players can be moved to the farm
team at any time but moves to the farm made after the end of the season
occur before declaring keepers.
* Players moved to the farm during the draft does not free up another draft pick. You replace the player at the end of the draft in the supplemental draft.

Supplemental Draft: This will be held after players are placed on the farm teams and held in the same order as the draft for that year.

All ballparks from 1901-2004 are available. You can change ballparks at the start of a new season before the draft occurs. It is preferred that you stick 19th century and deadball era parks

Manager preferences can be changed after the draft before the sim is run.

Keepers: This is the maximum number of players a team can keep. (This will change as teams are added)

* 1st place can keep one player
* 2nd place can keep up to two players
* 3rd place can keep up to three players
* 4th place can keep up to four players
* 5th place can keep up to five players
* 6th place can keep up to six players

After keepers are announced, your roster is open to change at that point to allow trading, i.e the 1st place team is no longer limited to one player on the roster, etc.

For 1871-3 the seasons the champion is determined by most series won. From 1874-1900 the champion is determined by best winning percentage. From 1901 on the champion will be determined by a playoff between the two division winners.

Overall championship scoring for 1871-1881:

* 1st place 10 points
* 2nd place 6 points
* 3rd place 4 points
* 4th place 3 points
* 5th place 2 points
* 6th place 1 point

If you are caught with ineligible player, you will lose the
championship points for that season.
Old 12-05-2009, 11:09 AM
Banned

Default Sure

I am interested. I would like to run a team. My e-mail is jrths07@yahoo.com Thanks! Jim
Old 12-05-2009, 07:07 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Hi Jay

Hi Jay
Last time you used this board, which you hate, to get people for your fantasy league and then you took them someplace and made it private. I don't think that is what this board should be about, do you?
thanks
leon
Old 12-06-2009, 01:51 AM
Lee B.
lee be.hrens

Leon,

Yes, the league is on another site and it was made as a group on the site and open to any one that would like to follow the league. But at the request of other members it was made into the group so it did not fill up the main page. At the end of every season the results are posted on the main board.

This post is far this intrusive than a post such as Dean's.

Every time you respond in this manner you just bring more attention to the fact that something else is going on outside of Net 54. I guess I should just say thanks.

Have a great holiday season

Lee
Old 12-06-2009, 02:36 AM
Mike Mccullough

Default Then why dont you

Quote:
Originally Posted by bowlingshoegiverouterguy View Post
Leon,

Yes, the league is on another site and it was made as a group on the site and open to any one that would like to follow the league. But at the request of other members it was made into the group so it did not fill up the main page. At the end of every season the results are posted on the main board.

This post is far this intrusive than a post such as Dean's.

Every time you respond in this manner you just bring more attention to the fact that something else is going on outside of Net 54. I guess I should just say thanks.

Have a great holiday season

Lee
You should say thanks,,,,, thanks for letting me put up an unpaid advertisement Leon,,,but,,, just like Dean,,,, there is no difference imo.

Lets be honest though, your offering something cool and related to pre war cards,, a service without nothing to gain,,,,, where ole dean was trying to be a pimp in business clothes. I wish I had more free time as I would like to join the group Lee... Unlike freeing up my time to give Dean the ins and outs about playball cards...
Good luck in finding the right people, sound fun and very interesting. As opposed to writing Dean a cool opening for his set break... LOL