NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-30-2005, 12:38 PM
Administrator

Default East Coast National show in August

Posted By: Elliot

I think this has gone far enough. Adam, the vast majority of people(myself included) don't want you here, and I somehow doubt that you really want to be here anyway. You don't collect what we collect, so why don't you just go elsewhere and troll there. If you go away by yourself, you'll be able to come back when you decide that you are interested in what we discuss here. It is the simplest solution. Otherwise, once we all get back home, i fear you will be banned, despite Leon's loathing to do that to anybody.

Old 07-30-2005, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: scott ingold

Adam,

I am njvintagecards on the cu boards. If you take a moment to read the posts over there you would see that i started out defending you. I think i even said that everyone has a right to be a collector..............But at a certain point your posts just got so annoying that it became pointless. You are the one who trashed women and marrige. You are the one who told everyone that there cards are worthless, You are the one who regularly trashes people and players you know nothing about. Oh one more you trashed anyone who works in a office or who inherited money.

Please either grow up and listen to what is said here or go back to Iowa with all of your insecurities and stupid comments.

Your name probably never would have come up anywhere if not for the stupid and insulting comments you make on a regular basis.
Is everyone wrong ?

Old 07-30-2005, 12:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bill Stone

Ban him --or ignore him --let's get back to talking about vintage baseball cards ---we have so many exciting things coming up through the end of the year --results from the " National experience" ,fall auctions and I am sure some new acquitions --it is ashame to dwell on this .

Old 07-30-2005, 01:29 PM
Administrator

Posted By: john/z28jd

Hey Adam dont shoot the messenger.I didnt write Leon before and obviously im not going to write him now to help your case.I dont think i was saying anything earth-shattering or something you couldnt step back and figure out on your own.

Have a good time while youre still here,i dont think anyone will miss you

Old 07-30-2005, 01:55 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Adam J. Moraine

Oh Well, I can STILL get vintage cards from reliable dealers, and EBAY which is one of the main reasons I joined this forum anyway. To expand my prewar card collection, with the help of other "collectors". Who share the same love that I have for the game of baseball, and the "hobby" of baseball card collecting. PLEASE don't reply with "Adam, you have no love for the game or "hobby" of baseball". It will not work, I have been EXTREMELY invloved with the "hobby" and sport since 1988 (age 8). Besides, you guys ARE NOT collectors. Just investors, much like myself. The only difference is I am humble enough to admit that I am an investor.Prime example, www.lewisbaseballcards.com. Look at Hal's collection and tell me that he is a "collector" and NOT an investor. He states on his site that he is "trying to obtain the HIGHEST GRADED EXAMPLE, ROOKIE CARD OF EVERY H.O.F.ER." Is that a "TRUE COLLECTOR" or "INVESTOR".It sounds like an INVESTMENT to me.EXAMPLE:Cap Anson 1887 Old Judge SGC 80. Tell me that's NOT an investment.Oh yeah, by Net54 standards it's "just collecting". RIGHT GUYS!

Best Regards,

Adam J. Moraine

Old 07-30-2005, 01:56 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Judge Dred

The east coast collectors have it made hands down as far as shows go...

Can we all say FORT WASHINGTON - WOW, now those are shows!!! People can hold an East Coast "National" but FORT WASHINGTON is a dream show. I wish they had something like that on the west coast and if you live in middle America you'd wish you had the equivalent of a FORT WASHINGTON show there a few times a year.

It would be really neat to see a majority vintage card show that made the rounds from east coast to west coast. Perhaps 3 or 4 shows a year that included dealers with quality merchandise along with local dealers from the event area or any dealer that wanted to participate. Call it the Traveling Vintage Card Sports (Baseball) Card show. Try to keep most of the material vintage and include players from the past. Wouldn't it be neat to have players that may not have been so well known but could tell their stories about playing against some of the great players of the past. I'd love to see Jim Bouton at a show so I could get a signed copy of Ball Four. By the way, is it me or in the past didn't we call all of those sports cards shows "baseball" card shows?

Sorry to stray a bit but the thought of an east coast national makes me envious when I think of all those great shows they already have back there.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Greg Ecklund

Just because Hal has more money to throw around than most doesn't make him any less of a collector. Collecting is about the thrill of the hunt, and the hunt for the highest graded of a Hall of Fame rookie card is no different than the hunt for the last T207 or e90-1 to complete a set in VG condition. I, for one, am glad that Hal chooses to share his collection with us on the board and through his web site - many big collectors are very secretive and don't share the nice things they have, which is a shame.

You can call others on this board investors until you are blue in the face, but it doesn't make it so. If I sell anything from my collection, it is used to buy other cards that I want more at the time, and the only time I could see selling everything is if it was needed for family reasons which would take priority. The same would go for well over 90% of the board.

Using the word "humble" to describe yourself is some kind of sick joke...you could learn a lot from the people on this board if you weren't so arrogant. Stop shooting your mouth off about things you don't know sh*t about and try listening for a while.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:37 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

Adam, I think most people are simply amazed that you don't apprecaite the fact that every other person who posts here loves the cards they collect more than the money that they are worth-except for you. And I dare say that every other poster knows full well that George Scott, Paul Blair and Rocky Colavito were anything but common players. So, your afflicton is mainly an ignorance of the history of the game combined with an insistence upon disrespcting it. That money is your God is fine, no one really cares or quibbles with it except when you insist upon disrespecting the history of the game or anyone here that posts.

Look, the reason why I love this forum is that it takes people from all walks of life: rich, poor, middle of the road; young, old; male, female; people from the north, south, east and west; famous people and regular joes; students of the game and just fans, and it allows all of us to be equal in our love for baseball's history and we can all co-exist peacefully despite our obvious differences. Do you think this sort of collection of people could be harmonious in any other venue?

I honestly think it pains all of us to read some of your stuff. I've actually winced reading some of it. I shake my head and say, "Jesus, when is this kid going to wake up?" I continue to hold out hope for you because of your age. But your insistence upon thinking the worst of everyone is simply a projection of your own feelings about yourself and what you truly are. The simple fact is that most of the people in this forum are not investors in the truest sense of the word. Sure, there's a lot of money in our collections but the money is secondary. I for one can say that I have never sold a card EVER except when I had upgraded it. And the only way I'd ever sell it is if I ever had to or if my kids had no interest in it someday.

I'm hopeful that one day your eyes will open, the veil of ignorance will be lifted and you'll realize that you have x number of years left on this earth. And in that short period of time, you should try to acheive something other than just cash. Because, while it's a trite statement, it is true: you can't take it with you when you die.

Old 07-30-2005, 02:45 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian McQueen

But better late than never. I went back through and took a look at this one and tried to determine how many of the posts in this 55+ thread actually had to do with the original topic. Since that number is probably about 5, I'm thinking this one has run its course.

Another thing...seriously....watch the language. It's ok to disagree but one of the founding principals of this board is the respect that we have and show one another, new and old collectors alike. If you can't carry on a conversation or even a "debate" like a decent human being, then this probably isn't the place for you.