NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2014, 11:39 AM

Default EBay seller alert - thecardboss

Quick warning to anyone looking at Ebay auctions from thecardboss.
He sells large lots and lists and includes pictures of only the "good" vintage stuff - the rest of the lot is 80s and 90s crap.

The bigger issue is that when I sent the high book value cards to get graded, a few came back altered and a few got much lower grades than what I could tell from the pictures.

The seller is Joe Sins and he will want you to do the deal off of Ebay.

Jo.hn Cas.cell

Last edited by Leon; 05-13-2014 at 11:45 AM. Reason: name added per rules
Old 05-13-2014, 01:25 PM
Daryl

The "GAME USED BASEBALL BAT SAWDUST" items in the lot looks amazing.

Old 05-14-2014, 10:10 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

and I can only imagine what surprises lurked in this completed auction of his...It wasn't sold but still....I am sure there is lots of good stuff there that will make it's way into the hobby in due time.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/thecardboss/..._sop=13&_rdc=1

Old 05-15-2014, 08:38 AM
Fr@nk Burke++

Are there any third party sawdust authenticators?

The Cobb looks good, but the DiMaggio is clearly fom Dom's bat, not Joe's

I'd give the Ruth a 7, but need to see the Gehrig up close.

I think I have found my calling.

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:29 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Are there any third party sawdust authenticators?

Frank, I think you're on to something. At the very least, I bet you could create a much better looking cert.
Old 05-15-2014, 03:59 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Frank Burke++: The Sawdust Whisperer. Just give him a bottle of Elmer's Glue and he can reconstruct that stuff into their former selves.

Last edited by Paul S; 05-15-2014 at 04:06 PM.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:32 PM
Mike Ryan

Default Call Terminex ASAP

Wonder if the new Yankee Stadium has termites yet? Better spray the dugout just to be safe.
Old 05-15-2014, 05:57 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

We got nanobots to take care of the mites
Old 05-29-2014, 11:16 AM

DEKENS Post is slander and he has already sent me over 250 texts and 20 emails. I have sent his info to my attorney along with hus texts and emails and constant harassment. Just a little back history He had buyers remorse. A few weeks after buying he wanted a couple hundred dollar refund because he felt the bulk didnt warrant him paying for HALF of the shipping. I THINK he can get more than 250.00 on sealed sets and boxes of bulk. Then 45 days after buying the lot and not being able to flip quickly for a profit, as well and selling individual cards out of it, he started threatening me and asks for a partial refund or to take them all back and refund him(After he already sold cards and I have email proof of him telling me). He received over 100,000 cards. Granted Most were moderns and sets from the 80's, but that is exactly what he knew he was getting. Bulk thrown in with the good stuff. He got several thousand vintage cards as well extremely high grade 70 and 71s Some 50s and 60s. Everything that was pictured he received. He never claimed that. He glowingly advertised what i sold him to another ebay member who wanted them as well but I would not cancel THIS guys sale and sell to him for 200.00 more(Wish I did now), with no issues calling them high grade and beautiful. The guy tried to lowball him and then he panicked. One day he said he got the cards back and they graded lower at a 4. THEN a few days later he said, I got those cards back in the mail TODAY and they graded lower at a 2 and one was altered. TOTAL lies CONSTANTLY from this guy. On HERE he sayss a FEW came back altered. In his email he said 1 came back altered. Which was a 53 topps babe ruth I bought for 500.00 off of ebay. I made NO claims of grades, just posted clear high def pics. This guy is a ticking timebomb and should not be trusted to buy anything large as he is drama filled. . Please remove thread.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
and I can only imagine what surprises lurked in this completed auction of his...It wasn't sold but still....I am sure there is lots of good stuff there that will make it's way into the hobby in due time.

http://www.ebay.com/csc/thecardboss/..._sop=13&_rdc=1

Old 05-29-2014, 11:18 AM

Default Highland Mint

Thanks for the compliment and interest. Highland mint is where the COAs came from. http://www.highlandmint.com/ They are licensed by MLB, and Yep, Ruth, JOE Dimaggio(Not Dom), Gehrig and Cobb all in one piece. :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4815162342 View Post
The "GAME USED BASEBALL BAT SAWDUST" items in the lot looks amazing.

Old 05-29-2014, 11:20 AM

Default It is JOE Dimaggio and Highland Mint is Licensed by MLB and issued authentication

I personally think they are idiots to grind up their bats, Sure they can bring it to the masses, but man, THERE are people that would pay a mint for them whole.

Quote:
Are there any third party sawdust authenticators? www.highlandmint.com

Old 05-29-2014, 11:25 AM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecardboss View Post
DEKENS Post is slander and he has already sent me over 250 texts and 20 emails. I have sent his info to my attorney along with hus texts and emails and constant harassment. Just a little back history He had buyers remorse. A few weeks after buying he wanted a couple hundred dollar refund because he felt the bulk didnt warrant him paying for HALF of the shipping. I THINK he can get more than 250.00 on sealed sets and boxes of bulk. Then 45 days after buying the lot and not being able to flip quickly for a profit, as well and selling individual cards out of it, he started threatening me and asks for a partial refund or to take them all back and refund him(After he already sold cards and I have email proof of him telling me). He received over 100,000 cards. Granted Most were moderns and sets from the 80's, but that is exactly what he knew he was getting. Bulk thrown in with the good stuff. He got several thousand vintage cards as well extremely high grade 70 and 71s Some 50s and 60s. Everything that was pictured he received. He never claimed that. He glowingly advertised what i sold him to another ebay member who wanted them as well but I would not cancel THIS guys sale and sell to him for 200.00 more(Wish I did now), with no issues calling them high grade and beautiful. The guy tried to lowball him and then he panicked. One day he said he got the cards back and they graded lower at a 4. THEN a few days later he said, I got those cards back in the mail TODAY and they graded lower at a 2 and one was altered. TOTAL lies CONSTANTLY from this guy. On HERE he sayss a FEW came back altered. In his email he said 1 came back altered. Which was a 53 topps babe ruth I bought for 500.00 off of ebay. I made NO claims of grades, just posted clear high def pics. This guy is a ticking timebomb and should not be trusted to buy anything large as he is drama filled. . Please remove thread.
A 53 topps babe ruth for 500.00...wow...
Old 05-29-2014, 11:28 AM
Zach

Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
It must be one of the SPs
Old 05-29-2014, 11:38 AM

Default It is JOE Dimaggio and Highland Mint is Licensed by MLB and issued authentication

I personally think they are idiots to grind up their bats, Sure they can bring it to the masses, but man, THERE are people that would pay a mint for them whole.

Quote:
Are there any third party sawdust authenticators? www.highlandmint.com

Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by D.P.Johnson View Post
Whoops sorry Mantle! Lol.
Old 05-29-2014, 11:45 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
It must be one of the SPs
1/1 lol. Actually it was a 53 Topps Mantle.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:40 PM
Al Richter

Default 53 Topps Ruth

There is a Topps 53 Ruth, maybe 52, from Look and See set, which is similar to likeness used in the later Who Am I set.. 67 I think. The 52/53 is on top right

Edited to add-- I do not know this seller, have never bought from him, and have no idea if this is the card he was referencing

Last edited by ALR-bishop; 05-29-2014 at 12:45 PM.
Old 05-29-2014, 12:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
sure....thread being removed....hang tight...
Old 05-29-2014, 02:00 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
sure....thread being removed....hang tight...
LOL! What's the hold up? It's been nearly an hour

In all fairness though, you did edit the OP to include his name in the thread, so shouldn't thecardboss' post include his name too?
Old 05-29-2014, 02:19 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
LOL! What's the hold up? It's been nearly an hour

In all fairness though, you did edit the OP to include his name in the thread, so shouldn't thecardboss' post include his name too?
The reason full names are required is so no one can hide behind a keyboard anonymously on this board. That being said, the only reason for the rule is to know someone's name (of course). His name is in the first post in this thread, so that is fine by me. And to me it satisfies the name requirement. I don't care how we know, as long as we know.
And the easiest way is for me to put names in posts (as you mentioned), which I do on occasion. As long as the name is somewhere, we are good...

.. and I am about to get right on deleting this thread too. Hang tight...
Old 05-29-2014, 03:37 PM

Default Leon

Can you delete the other 2 posts from last week and the one from tomorrow? Sam Majors
Old 05-29-2014, 03:39 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by sam majors View Post
Can you delete the other 2 posts from last week and the one from tomorrow? Sam Majors

Gotcha covered, Sam.
Old 05-29-2014, 04:16 PM

Thanks Leon, I agree with our names being on whatever we post, but he used MY name without permission. The ebay name I suppose there isnt an issue with that. But PERSONAL slander, especially when it isnt warranted I have a problem with. TIA

Quote:
The reason full names are required is so no one can hide behind a keyboard anonymously on this board. That being said, the only reason for the rule is to know someone's name (of course). His name is in the first post in this thread, so that is fine by me. And to me it satisfies the name requirement. I don't care how we know, as long as we know.
And the easiest way is for me to put names in posts (as you mentioned), which I do on occasion. As long as the name is somewhere, we are good...

.. and I am about to get right on deleting this thread too. Hang tight...
Old 05-29-2014, 04:22 PM

No Worries It was a 53 mantle . I bought it off ebay and included it in a giant lot. Sorry to make ya go through all the work!

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALR-bishop View Post
There is a Topps 53 Ruth, maybe 52, from Look and See set, which is similar to likeness used in the later Who Am I set.. 67 I think. The 52/53 is on top right

Edited to add-- I do not know this seller, have never bought from him, and have no idea if this is the card he was referencing

Old 05-29-2014, 04:27 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Thanks Leon, I agree with our names being on whatever we post, but he used MY name without permission. The ebay name I suppose there isnt an issue with that. But PERSONAL slander, especially when it isnt warranted I have a problem with. TIA
There is no rule against naming anyone on this board. Posting personal contact information is usually against the rules but not just a name.
Old 05-29-2014, 06:34 PM

Leon, I'm going to need a lobotomy, please.

Can you cover me?
Old 05-29-2014, 08:07 PM
Mîçhæ£ ßöw£ß¥

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post

Can you cover me?
If that is a teenage lobotomy, The Ramones got you covered:

Lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy, lobotomy!
DDT did a job on me
Now I am a real sickie
Guess I'll have to break the news
That I got no mind to lose
All the girls are in love with me
I'm a teenage lobotomy

Slugs and snails are after me
DDT keeps me happy
Now I guess I'll have to tell 'em
That I got no cerebellum
Gonna get my Ph.D.
I'm a teenage lobotomy

"The man who can keep a secret may be wise, but he is not half as wise as the man with no secrets to keep”
Old 05-29-2014, 08:18 PM
Jeffrey Lichtman

My beloved Ramones dragged into this thread. Damn.
Old 05-29-2014, 08:29 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by calvindog View Post
My beloved Ramones dragged into this thread. Damn.
Beat on the brat! Beat on the brat! Beat on the brat with a baseball bat... oh wait, never mind. It's been ground up into sawdust.
Old 05-30-2014, 04:09 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post

Can you cover me?
Is that a Frontal Lobotomy OR a Bottle in Front of Me?
Old 06-16-2014, 03:35 PM

Default Be careful

1 1 22845031 N5: ALTERED STOCK 1953 TOPPS 82 MICKEY MANTLE Card
2 1 22845032 GOOD 2 1954 BOWMAN 65 MICKEY MANTLE Card

All I wanted to do was make others on Net54 aware of this guys lots. Above is the grade responses from PSA. These were the two highest valued cards in the lot. Cards looked good in the pictures and seller represented there were no flaws with the cards.

The lot with the sawdust is back up on Ebay, most likely the same seller with a different name. Just trying to do the right thing and make people aware and to ask more questions and request more pictures (which is what I should have done in the first place).
Old 06-17-2014, 08:16 AM
Bill Gregory

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-17-2014, 01:12 PM
Daniel R.

haha theres always two sides to every story