NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Watercooler Talk- ALL sports talk

Old 12-19-2017, 07:10 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
how many younger good looking woman have you invited over for late night carrot cake....

that could appear to be as much as an overture as sending a male photo with no shirt on..
Obviously none as I am married and not a dumbass.

I am also not as astute as deciphering cues as you, I would take the photo as a much more overt gesture than an invite for carrot cake.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."
Old 12-20-2017, 11:44 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Location: https://www.psacard.com/psasetregistry/mysetregistry/set/348387

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Obviously none as I am married and not a dumbass.

I am also not as astute as deciphering cues as you, I would take the photo as a much more overt gesture than an invite for carrot cake.
well no shirt on isnt the same thing as showing other parts. The invite for late night carrot cake is more of an overt gesture than inviting someone to lunch. Everything is relative. We can play the relative game all day. I just saying its not an innocent little girl versus a big bad wolf.

Incidentally with all of these people losing their jobs, Bocci hasnt lost his at the present time so there are many people that dont agree with you.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-20-2017 at 02:31 PM.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:53 PM
Jeff

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1952boyntoncollector View Post
well no shirt on isnt the same thing as showing other parts. The invite for late night carrot cake is more of an overt gesture than inviting someone to lunch. Everything is relative. We can play the relative game all day. I just saying its not an innocent little girl versus a big bad wolf.

Incidentally with all of these people losing their jobs, Bocci hasnt lost his at the present time so there are many people that dont agree with you.
Well it certainly isn't the first time someone hasn't agreed with me.

How many married men do you know that have texted shirtless photos of themselves to people they work with? Maybe it's a very common occurrence. I am not saying it's innocent little girl against big bad wolf. I will say in today's climate it would be an extremely dumbass thing to do.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

Old 12-20-2017, 03:56 PM

ESPN for some reason is actively protecting Buccigross. They released doctored text messages and totally edited out the photos he sent of himself. They have an interest in retaining him despite his behavior. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong.
Old 12-20-2017, 03:58 PM
Jeff

Not without precedent there, Mr. Tirico was suspended but retained I believe in the early 90's after harassment allegations.

Old 12-20-2017, 04:02 PM

They didn't fire Berman either.
Old 12-20-2017, 04:56 PM
qu@n nguy3n

I dont get the sense they're protecting bucci, but rather they want to show an example of the type of "friendly" banter that go on between coworkers that can skirt the line...and this is what they came up with.

This is much tamer than tirico stalking people and the type of language he uses....different time no way hed get away with that kind of behavior today. Unless he works at nfl network.
Old 12-20-2017, 07:09 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
ESPN for some reason is actively protecting Buccigross. They released doctored text messages and totally edited out the photos he sent of himself. They have an interest in retaining him despite his behavior. That doesn't mean what he did wasn't wrong.
In todays enviroment its a big statement to keep someone. I think the bar is much lower to get fired now which says something that they are still keeping him.

They may be waiting to see if any other woman come out of the woodwork. However, if zero come out, it wouldnt be like he was praying on the interns.

Correct, it would be wrong/awkard to send a shirtless photo but given the circumstances, this is pretty minor and petty given who she is and given what we are comparing him too in the media ie. weinstein/lauder etc
Old 12-20-2017, 07:25 PM
ja.ke liebe.rman

Quote:
Originally Posted by HRBAKER View Post
Well it certainly isn't the first time someone hasn't agreed with me.

How many married men do you know that have texted shirtless photos of themselves to people they work with? Maybe it's a very common occurrence. I am not saying it's innocent little girl against big bad wolf. I will say in today's climate it would be an extremely dumbass thing to do.
I think there are a lot of men who ended up marrying or having consensual relationships with woman have sent a lot more graphic a photo then shirtless.

1 out of 2 marriages do end in divorce. I have a feeling among the entertainment industry with long hours where people are married to their job it may be higher than that but that doesnt matter.

The marriage thing means nothing. I not sure why someone's marital status is brought up. Woman date married men all the time, so im told.

I think Tavis Smiley is fighting his accusers now. Theres going to be a time where the alleged perpetrator turns out to be a victim.

Last edited by 1952boyntoncollector; 12-20-2017 at 07:27 PM.
Old 12-21-2017, 09:38 AM
ja.ke liebe.rman

http://www.bostonglobe.com/metro/201...?event=event12

I read the affidavit of Ms Lawrence. I now do think she has a real gripe. If Bucci is saying it was just a mentor/mentee relationship then thats hard to believe. She really was the exact wrong person to treat that way given her background and experience. I was surprised she was making 233k a year at her law firm and the espn job only paid her 75k...
Old 12-21-2017, 12:04 PM
Jeff

If I sent that photo to someone I worked with in the middle of a similar stream of conversation to what had taken place up to that point, I would not count on being "vigorous defended" by my my employer.

Old 12-21-2017, 12:23 PM
Tom Boblitt

I think, in some instances, this current environment has gotten a little out of control. I cannot, however, see any instance where it would be anything other than suggestive of something more to text a shirtless picture of yourself to a female coworker. I'm not sure why you would text ANY photo of yourself to a female coworker, really. I do know that no one wants a shirtless photo of me, fortunately. I would not stand for that and I definitely wouldn't sit for one, that's for sure.

I haven't seen the pictures at hand and if I knew a coworker was an attorney and had worked on sexual discrimination cases, I sure as HELL wouldn't be sending her anything like that, just in case something nefarious was going on. Doesn't sound like Bucci was too smart in all this and I agree she may not be as innocent as some would make her out. It's just stupid. We've had some people fired here at work 10-12 years ago for something similar....just emails back and forth with no apparent interaction but they were explicit. Guess everyone has some type of hot button that needs to get pushed from time to time.

Last edited by autograf; 12-21-2017 at 12:24 PM.