NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-23-2006, 01:51 PM
Administrator

Default Beware ebay seller "justizzle3". Our scans got stolen.

Posted By: T206museum Admin

Beware ebay seller "justizzle3". He is using our scans and selling our 414 cards t206 partial set and GAI graded t206 Eddie Plank on ebay. He doesn't has what he is selling. We still have those items. Be Alert!!!

John, thx for notify us.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

If this is true you need to immediately report this to ebay and have him booted.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: jorge

"You can purchase those t206s directly from us at a lower price"

where exactly can one purchase these ? thanks.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Sean

His other auction: "http://cgi.ebay.com/1895-Mayos-Cut-Plug-Arlie-Latham-N300-SCG-50-NR_W0QQitemZ8755846942QQcategoryZ86844QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem"

can be bought here: "http://www.martyspsagradedcards.com/pre_1960_baseball_cards_psa.htm"

Hummmm...

Old 01-23-2006, 02:16 PM
Administrator

That ought to answer any authenticity questions. Ohio seems to be a haven for miscreants when it comes to selling cards. (No offense to Tom Boblitt who is one of the good guys from that State).

Old 01-23-2006, 02:19 PM
Administrator

I think I might buy the Rolex the guy is selling!

He has an interesting mix of stuff, some rip-off "livestong" type armbands, expensive cards, rolexes and basketball tickets.

Old 01-23-2006, 02:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: s falletti

Man, what dirtbags... Looks like Sanford and Son meet the Beverly Hillbilly's

http://www.t206museum.com/page/shoppingcart.html

Old 01-23-2006, 02:48 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bryan

The guy even stole the description word for word.

Old 01-23-2006, 03:09 PM
Administrator

Posted By: T206museum Admin

We don't do eBay very often. Can someone send us the link where we can report this on eBay?

Old 01-23-2006, 03:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joann

This is what amazes me about ebay. He set a min bid of $30K, so he was clearly trying to steal at least that much, if not more, from a buyer. That is not a guess. That is not speculation about his intent. It's right there - $30K min - and he set it.

If someone breaks into a house, grabs $30K but doesn't make it out the door, the justice system vigorously pursues it. If someone grabs a $30K car and drives off, the police are called and will expend some fairly serious manpower to try to find the person.

Here? It's almost no-harm-no-foul. He gets kicked off ebay? What? That this is a blatant attempt at $30K theft is obvious and documented. Doesn't ebay have contact info for its members? If they don't give it up pursuant to a court order, they are aiding a criminal, right?

t206museum, I'd try to find out what it takes to get a criminal investigation, starting with an order for ebay to turn over relevant info about this person. Hell, I'd even kick in a few bucks for it!!! At minimum demand that ebay freeze that page in its current state so if the seller gets wind of this he can't go back and change the description, minimum bid, scans, etc.

Really - sorry for the soapbox - but police chase people when they try, but fail, to pop a liquor store for $100. How is it that 4- and 5-digit attempted crimes only get a sheepish grin and a shrug, w/ebay privileges lost???

Unless this is a hijacked account, or the seller has some other very good explanation, he should be thrown in jail.

OK. I'm done now.

Joann

Old 01-23-2006, 03:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

If someone breaks into a house and steals 30k.........

How about stealing a can of tuna from the local grocery? you get caught doing that you are put into handcuffs and are brought before the judge. your name is put into the local paper and you will need to get a lawyer.

Fleabay needs to do something. anyone trying to sell anything over a certain amt. should have to get bonded.

Steve

EDIT:

"You can purchase those t206s directly from us at a lower price"

Sounds like we have a good case of 2 sides to every story here.

Steve

Old 01-23-2006, 05:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: hrbaker

Boblitt is a good guy but he hails from Kentucky!

Old 01-23-2006, 05:27 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Travis Anderson

Not trying to defend the guy...we all know there are already too many creeps and sleazebags scamming people out of their hard earned $...but maybe what this individual intended to do is "sell" the items on eBay and then turn around and "buy" them from the T206Museum for cool, easy, sleazy profit.

Then again..probably just another "brilliant" scammer...

edited to add: brilliant using the sarcastic definition.

Old 01-23-2006, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

Did you have anybody in the last three or four days ask you if the items listed for sale on your site were still available and if you can ship quickly? I would think if this guy was planning to flip them he would have contacted you recently in some fashion.

Rob M.

Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I sent an e-mail to the guy saying that I was in Colombus and would like to look at the card in person. No response.
JimB

Old 01-23-2006, 09:33 PM
Administrator

I agree with Joann. This person should be prosecuted.
JimB

Old 01-23-2006, 09:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

Did anyone else check out some of that seller's previously ended items?? Apparently, he doesn't just deal in Rolexes and T206's -- he sells HELICOPTERS, too!!

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602583794&category=26442

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602596955&category=26442

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=4602596955&category=26442

Old 01-24-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator

Run him through the ebay Negative Feedback lookup (Link posted on Vintage Links page above). Only 3 negative, but lots and lots of mutually withdrawn, mostly for exhorbitant shipping charges.

But one buyer from just a few weeks ago left a note about stolen scans on a Rolex - the buyer was winner of watch for $13K, and even gives web site scan was stolen from.

Joann

Old 01-24-2006, 06:09 AM
Administrator

I would hope he is keeping the airplane to leave then country when all this catches up to him...

Old 01-24-2006, 06:36 AM
Administrator

Posted By: PC

T206 Museum: this is the link you can use to report internet fraud to the FBI. The unit is called the Internet Crime Complaint Center, also known as "IC3".

http://www.ic3.gov/

I would think a $30K scam will get their attention. You might want to get the seller's name and contact information from eBay first, if you can. Try eBay's "live help" feature. Also, try to save the seller's auction before it gets pulled ... not sure how you do that.

Old 01-24-2006, 07:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Nameless T206admin,

In your browser, click File then Save As to save the auction. You could also take screen shots, but this should do the trick...

Brian

Old 01-24-2006, 07:42 AM
Administrator

I'd try to get ebay to freeze the auction in its current state. If for no other reason than to scare the hell out of this guy if he tries to backpedal and finds his auction has been locked from editing.

The guy that bid on the Rolex may be better positioned to do something with criminal charges. As the high bidder on possibly false product, he became individually identified as a theft target.

With no bidders on the t206 material, ebay might say at this point there is no victim. Maybe that's why the no-harm-no-foul attitude, although I still think that's wrong wrong wrong. The seller can't get anything from t206museum - not ripping them off for anything except web site content. The attempted theft of $30K would actually be against a high bidder it seems to me.

But still, if there is an FBI fraud reporting forum I'm sure it would be worth it to alert them of this. It's a lot of money, and right now without a bidder t206museum is still the best one to report it, as their web site content is part of this.

Joann

Old 01-24-2006, 08:05 AM
Administrator

What about contacting the FBI's Bullpen operation that busted all the autograph forgers?
JimB

Old 01-24-2006, 08:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rob

What this joker is obviously trying to do is to sell items he doesn't have, get the money, buys the item and may have it sent directly to the buyer, or gets the item to send to the buyer. T206 museum is simply a drop shipper here, albeit one who didn't approve of this arrangement as shown in this thread.

At least 3 problems with this selling: 1. The Ebay seller can't be sure that the item will be available for purchase. T206 museum could simply mark his Card collection as "SOLD" should he desire to stop his unapproved drop shipper, otherwise he's getting a free Ebay listing for his product. 2. High ticket item information is readily acessible by potential buyers. Googling for a product is rather easy, someone with $1000's to spend for one purchase is highly probable to do such a search, therefore the probablity of sucess of actually selling the item is minimal. 3. Being called a thief, as done in this thread and with FB of a Rolex watch. Now, that's PROBABLY a false allegation, but why put yourself in a position to be accused of being dishonest?

Old 01-24-2006, 09:34 AM
Administrator

Rob,

I like that explanation a whole lot better than thinking this is outright attempted theft.

It's still as shady as it gets and madly crosses ethical lines. At minimum, selling property that he doesn't own thinking he can acquire it after the fact, without disclosing to the buyer that he currently neither owns nor possesses the property, is a con job.

But still, if it falls short of criminal I like it better because it helps support a general faith in human nature. Plus, in the scenario you describe, if it falls through he can refund money and at least there is no $30K lost.

I don't spend $30K on cards, but others here do. What are the protocols of exchange when there's that much money involved? Do you send the entire $30K? Do you put it in escrow somewhere? How long do you wait for your shipment after you've paid? If this guy wanted to get $30K and use it to buy the cards on t206museum.com, was this a feasible plan in terms of timing, access to the entire $30K right away, etc?

Joann

Old 01-24-2006, 10:23 AM
Administrator

Rob's depiction is a best-case scenario. I would hardly trust such a dishonest seller to resist the temptation to simply pocket 30K. He has still not responded to my inquiry about seeing the card in person. If I had a 30k card to sell and somebody with interest wanted to see the card, i would bend over backwards to make that work.
JimB

Old 01-24-2006, 10:54 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

One of the negs I got was from a card shhop owner who presold a Walter Johnson photo I was offering. When his client backed out, he tried to claim I sold him a fake photo and wanted his money back. The reason I found out about this is the shop happened to be in a city where I knew someone and they went to the shop and went "looking" for Walter Johnson stuff and the got the story from the owner, not knowning this guy would be telling me the whole thing

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 01-25-2006, 09:05 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty

I just got back from vacation today. I have two interesting emails, one from Sean telling me about justizzle3 selling my cards and one from someone asking me for back scans and a price on 8 of my cards. Two of these cards are on his items for sell. I sent him a message asking if he had hany more old cards and he told me that he had tons, including Yuengling's and more Mayo's. I asked him about these and he gave me a list of the cards on my web site.

Old 01-25-2006, 11:16 PM
Administrator

Heehee. This is turning into something like a scavenger hunt. Who can be first to find the source of this scan? Brand new - he indeed does seem - SEEM - to have a lot of cards.

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-T206-TY-COBB-TIGERS-VG-VG-EX_W0QQitemZ8757020029QQcategoryZ86837QQrdZ1QQcmdZ ViewItem

Jury is out - still holding out hope for a reasonable explanation from seller - but hope is wearing thin.

Joann

Old 01-26-2006, 06:34 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Nelson Audet

i can certified about this ebayer is a frauder because i buy to t206museum admin one of the card on the scan.
Nelson

Old 01-26-2006, 11:13 AM
Administrator

In English please....

Old 01-26-2006, 12:06 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Steve

Nelson is vouching for the seller t206 museum. he recently purchased a card from them.

he is canadian and thus speaks and writes in broken english.

welcome to the boards nelson

Steve

Old 01-26-2006, 12:18 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

to further clarify, Nelson is a French speaking Canadian (from Quebec).

Old 01-26-2006, 12:36 PM
Administrator

Posted By: warshawlaw

I thought under Canadian law all Quebec residents had to wear them?

Old 01-26-2006, 12:59 PM
Administrator

Posted By: identify7

Adam: I think what they mean is that he can't toque good except in french.

Edited to add: But Nelson does better in English than I would do in French ... way better.

Old 01-26-2006, 01:25 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Marty

I sent the guy a scan of the back of one of the cards that he asked about, not one of his current auctions. I did some editing with Photoshop before sending it to him. I told him that I would send clean scans if he bought the cards, but not if he just needed them to sell my cards on his eBay auctions.
I sent two different messages to eBay, but they have not taken them down yet.

Old 01-26-2006, 02:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cobby33

http://cgi.ebay.com/1909-Graded-Authentic-Ray-Demmitt-T206-NR-PSA-4_W0QQitemZ8757005178QQcategoryZ31718QQrdZ1QQcmdZV iewItem

Old 01-26-2006, 05:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Genaro

how does a serious collector of vintage cards spend so much time selling 100s of dollar wrist bands. I noticed the last few months since joining e bay that people sell small items for cheap to build up there rating. Then after a few months they lower the boom and start there scans.

Yesterday he sells Wade wrist bands tomorow he sells a T206 Honus Wagner

Old 01-31-2006, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Alex

The items were finally removed but the seller still remains even though they should have been removed as well from eBay.

Just as an aside since within the thread someone mentioned that this person should prosecuted, I agree. This person acted with intent to commit fraud, and intent to commit grand larcerny. If eBay had any sense they would have removed this persons selling privileges and sought prosecution from the local authorities, thus sending a message to scammers not to try fraud on the site. Until eBay is willing to go that route this type of thing will go on.

Late last spring someone stole scans from the Mile High Auction and almost got away with selling a bunch of PSA graded vintage cards.

Here is a link to that story

http://auctionwarnings.blogspot.com/2005/06/bogus-auction-with-pirated-scan.html

Old 02-03-2006, 12:32 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Shane Killian

Looks like the dude was trying to sell them for more than T206museums selling price in order to purchase them and turn a couple thousand profit. Man, why do I have to live in Ohio

Old 02-04-2006, 03:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jen

Hi - I saw this post and had to reply. I read about him on psacard.com and figured my feedback wasn't that high so I would give up my feedback to get the word out. I did a buy it now on a Gehrig card and gave him bad feedback. I listed that the card scans were stolen from t206museum and martys.

In an hour I got the email requesting mutual feedback withdrawal.

The next morning I was NARU.

He sold 2000+ copies of a copyrighted reggie bush dvd. No problem.

They cancelled my account and withdrew his feedback. My "me page lists all his scam auctions, check them out.

http://members.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewUserPage&userid=jen1161

Sorry for the long read. Check me at ebay Jen1161. Here's my feedback and the auction I bid on.

http://feedback.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewFeedback&userid=jen1161>

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=31721&item=8757021768>

I think maybe his mom owns ebay or something.

By the way you have a great board!!

jen

Old 02-05-2006, 02:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: ramram

Just makes you hope that Tiffany's is successful in their lawsuit with ebay.

Old 02-06-2006, 06:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jon & Jennifer

The allegations against this seller (justsizzle3) are really piling up. If even half the claims made against him are true, it is maddening, to say the least, that eBay hasn't pulled the plug on him once and for all. (We already know for a fact that eBay has terminated several of his auctions recently -- something that wouldn't have occurred without good reason.)

I read yesterday's post about justsizzle3, where it was only casually mentioned that justsizzle3 has been selling Reggie Bush high school highlights DVD's. I don't know why, but I decided to take a look at the seller's feedback -- and sure enough, one buyer recently complained about the DVD being "burned" -- a counterfeit. I then did a Yahoo search, and came across a Nov. 2005 NY Times article. The article included a brief interview with the football coach at Reggie Bush's old high school (where the highlights videotape originated from.) The coach was quoted as saying that at that time, he was already aware of many counterfeit copies of the video floating around. I really don't know why I decided to pursue this -- but I soon found myself searching for the high school's website as well as the email address for the football coach quoted in the NY Times article.

I wrote to him last night, really not knowing whether the coach -- or the high school for that matter -- would give a rat's arse about the videos possibly being pirated. Well...it turns out that he DOES care...and writing to him was a worthwhile effort after all.

Sorry for the lengthy tome, guys, but this really is too much. Here's my email to the coach, and his reply received just today.

Subject: RE: Reggie Bush Highlight Video
Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 20:02:59 -0800
From: "Damon Chase" <dchase@helixcharter.net> Add to Address Book Add Mobile Alert
To: "Jon" <josepheen_2000@yahoo.com>

When we originally started selling this DVD, within hours this guy had had 100 copies for sale... all burned of course. We contacted eBay and the the company that sells the DVD for us and they put a stop to his sales. I will get in contact with Gametapes Inc. and their attorneys to go after him again.

I appreciate the attention you have given to this matter. I will keep you posted on what goes on.
Thanks again,
Damon

Damon Chase, CAA
Certified Athletic Administrator
Teacher/Athletic Director
644-1940 ext. 524

Date: Sun, 5 Feb 2006 18:30:30 -0800 (PST)
From: "Jon" <josepheen_2000@yahoo.com> View Contact Details Add Mobile Alert
Subject: Reggie Bush Highlight Video
To: dchase@helixcharter.net

Dear Mr. Chase --

We are writing with regard to the now-infamous Reggie Bush highlight video. (We are operating under the assumption that you are the most appropriate person to address this matter; if not, we would appreciate it if you were to forward our email along in the right direction.)

We were not aware of the video until just this evening, and learned of its existence through a posting on a message board that we visit frequently in the course of our small business selling vintage baseball cards. (The board is known as the Vintage Baseball Forum, and can be found at http://www.network54.com/Forum/153652/).

It may seem odd that a posting in the VBF would address a football highlight video -- and in fact, the posting was not really about the video itself, but rather the eBay seller who has been selling these videos on eBay at auction -- in rather high volume. This eBay seller uses the eBay ID "justsizzle3". This seller has come under fire numerous times within the Vintage Baseball Forum in recent months -- for a variety of outrageous and criminal behavior -- such as copying various internet photos of vintage baseball cards on other dealers' websites, and using the stolen scans in an attempt to "sell" the cards as his own when in fact he does not possess the actual cards. He even went so far as to steal photos from the T206 Museum website, copying the photos and the description of the cards verbatim. eBay has been notified by sellers and dealers numerous times; while his auctions have occasionally been terminated, he inexplicably remains as a seller.

The post this evening regarding this seller, and his sale of the Reggie Bush highlight videos, was somewhat difficult to follow. The bottom line appears to be that the seller "justsizzle3" has been selling these videos -- as we said, in rather high volume. We located a recent NY Times article regarding the video, in which you were quoted as saying that at that time, it was unclear who owned the rights to the video. We obviously have no idea whether the ownership issue has been cleared up, but wanted to at least make sure that you and other members of your faculty were aware of the situation.

Given this seller's reputation for criminal and deceptive selling habits, we couldn't help but assume that he was not authorized to sell these videos. In fact, one recent purchaser of the video complained, via negative feedback, that the video was a "burned" copy. The seller deftly replied "of course it is" -- and is safe in saying as much since ALL of the copies in existence are no doubt "burned copies."

We apologize for the long-winded and possibly unnecessary email. While we don't have any personal bones to pick with this seller, we are sickened by his continuous (and blatant) attempts to scam and defraud. This particular seller has earned a reputation for going to great lengths to deceive and defraud -- eBay is slow to remove listings and auctions, and even slower to banish sellers altogether. Law enforcement and copyright infringement lawyers move far more swiftly and effectively. In the event you should need or want to pursue this matter, and if the seller does not respond, we would suggest that you contact a member of the latter group, rather than eBay, for assistance.

Best regards,
Jon & Jennifer
Big Apple Cards