NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-16-2014, 01:55 PM
Bill Gregory

Default OT need advice please. First EBay sale..block user minjkhri

Update: Although the eBay buyer minjkhri has continued to buy and pay for other items on eBay after buying my card, he refuses to pay me, saying he wants another 10 days. The item was sold on September 5th via buy it now, and now he says he cannot pay me until September 26th, a full three weeks after buying my item.

Please make sure to block eBay user ID: minjkhri. Another seller has noted the same buyer refused to pay for their buy it now purchase, and the buyer never responded to their inquiries. I would appreciate your blocking this buyer. Additionally, I would appreciate if you would respond to this thread stating that the buyer has been blocked. The only way these people will be held accountable is by us. eBay does nothing to help us, so we have to help each other. Thank you.
------------------------------------------
Hi guys,

So, on September 5th, I sold my first item on EBay, a Topps Prime Russell Wilson football card with a certified autograph and 4 uniform swatches. The buyer hit buy it now. The cost was $90.00. When I did not receive payment, I sent the following message to the buyer:

Quote:
Dear minjkhri,

Thank you for your purchase. The card will be mailed, and a tracking number provided within 24 hours of payment receipt. Should you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.

Thank you!

William

- lambeausouth923
A little before 10pm the next day, I received this message from the buyer:

Quote:
Dear lambeausouth923,

Ok great sorry for delay i get paid thurs day night will be made soon after hope this is ok.thanks chris

- minjkhri
I responded back the next morning at about 6:30 am

Quote:
Dear minjkhri,

Chris,

That will be fine. Please send it in when you can, and then I'll take it over to the post office.

Have a good week,

William

- lambeausouth923
10 minutes after I sent this message, I receive this back:

Quote:
Dear lambeausouth923,

Ok thanks its a gift i need it by the 21 of sept.i will leave great feedback.

- minjkhri
I looked at my EBay account on Friday night, Saturday night, and Sunday night. Nothing. Now I'm getting miffed. I sent this to him Monday morning.

Quote:
Dear minjkhri,

Chris,

This Russell Wilson card was sold to you on September 5th. On the evening of September 7th, you responded to the message I sent regarding the card's shipment, which was to commence upon receipt of payment. You told me that Sunday evening, September 7th at 9:43 pm, that you got paid on Thursday the 11th, and that you would make the payment soon after then. I advised you that was fine. You then informed me that you needed the card by the 21st, as it was to be a gift.

It is now Monday morning September the 15th, and payment still has not been received. I've given you three additional days after your pay day, and I have as of yet not received the payment you promised you would make. Payment needs to be received no later than Tuesday evening the 16th to ensure the card can be mailed in time for delivery no later than the 21st.

Please resolve this matter with your prompt payment.

Thank you,

William
I received this message back yesterday morning:

Quote:
Dear lambeausouth923,

Hi can u please cancel my cousin michael garcia took his life on the day of monday night iam havin trouble right now good feedback will be left for u i cant seem to come up with that money due too this if u dont belive u can see him on facebook .once again thank u.

- minjkhri
Now, this is BS, and we all know it. How do I know? Because their profile shows them buying and paying for all sorts of other stuff.

http://www.ebay.com/usr/minjkhri

User name is minjkhri

They have 5 feedbacks on their homepage showing items bought and paid for just since the 14th. All in all, 44 buyer feedbacks within the last month, including one noting the buyer pulled the same buy it now, no payment BS.

Do I have any recourse at all with EBay? I know I should probably be laughing as I write that, but do I have any kind of leverage with the buyer?

Thanks, gang.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.

Last edited by the 'stache; 09-17-2014 at 06:13 AM. Reason: amended post to clearly show eBay user to block
Old 09-16-2014, 01:59 PM
Robert Williams

Just file the unpaid strike, block and move on. Unfortunately, in the Ebay of today, loony buyers are the norm.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:00 PM
Steven Finley

File a NPB and relist. Nothing more you can do.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Pau.l C

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
Just file the unpaid strike, block and move on. Unfortunately, in the Ebay of today, loony buyers are the norm.
Bill,It's great you didn't ship the card. That's the positive side to this. Most Ebay buyers are not that bad. Bad luck with the buyer , but you still have the goods to try and sell again.
Good luck!
Paul
Old 09-16-2014, 02:08 PM
Dave

What those guys said.

Sorry this happened to you on your first transaction on Ebay.

I'm pretty lucky, this only happens to me a couple times a year or so, but I have several blocks in place for regular non-paying bidders, and the typical flakes.
Old 09-16-2014, 02:09 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by sbfinley View Post
File a NPB and relist. Nothing more you can do.

+1
Old 09-16-2014, 02:10 PM
P. Sp.ec.tor

Bill, you give great description! Wow!
Old 09-16-2014, 02:25 PM
Cain J.

Had similar things happen to me on ebay. Dad is all of sudden sick, cousin's wife is pregnant, etc. Just give the unpaid strike through ebay and move on. Unfortunately it happens but thank you for letting us know about the shady buyer.
Old 09-16-2014, 03:59 PM
Howard Che.r.n.i.ck

Bill,

Sorry that you had a rough start. Not all buyers are like that. But you will get your share of nuts out there.

Welcome to selling on eBay.

Buythatcard

http://stores.ebay.com/Buythatcard
Old 09-16-2014, 04:02 PM

Default To Quote Mark Twain "

Dear lambeausouth923,

Hi can u please cancel my cousin michael garcia took his life on the day of monday night iam havin trouble right now good feedback will be left for u i cant seem to come up with that money due too this if u dont belive u can see him on facebook .once again thank u.

- minjkhri

....''Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated '' , regards , MikeGarcia
Old 09-16-2014, 04:53 PM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

I have one question... Insensitive question, if the buyers claim is true.

But what does your cousin killing himself have to do with your job paying your salary and you paying me for the card? Lolol

Sellers should be able to leave bad feedback like we used to imo
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 09-16-2014, 04:57 PM
T@yl0r $ch0ck

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
Dear lambeausouth923,

- minjkhri

....''Rumours of my death have been greatly exaggerated '' , regards , MikeGarcia
LOL. Glad to hear you're feeling better, Mike.
Old 09-16-2014, 05:06 PM

Default JimStinson

Its the World of e-bay ..welcome aboard if you threw a net over 100 people probably 10% of them would be LOONEY TUNES .....Reminds me of when I used to live in the Dominican Republic ....every girl you would meet needed money for their MOTHER who was in the hospital and sick .....They must have all read from the same PLAYBOOK because when I offered to take them to the hospital to actually visit their mother and deliver the money in person they all declined

Vintage autographs for sale on my web site
stinsonsports.com
Old 09-16-2014, 05:07 PM
Dave

Was the gift supposed to be for his cousin? Bummer!
Old 09-16-2014, 08:03 PM
Bill Gregory

Now he wants until the 26th to pay for the card.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:05 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Which month?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:28 PM
Jeff C.

Go to the funeral and strong arm him as last rites are being read. That's old school debt collecting.
Old 09-16-2014, 08:37 PM
Dave

Quote:

Maybe he's waiting to see how Russell Wilson does against the Broncos again.
Old 09-16-2014, 09:09 PM
Joe M.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EvilKing00 View Post
I have one question... Insensitive question, if the buyers claim is true.

But what does your cousin killing himself have to do with your job paying your salary and you paying me for the card? Lolol

Sellers should be able to leave bad feedback like we used to imo
Reminds me of a friend of mine who has 4 or 5 restaurants and a worker calls in. "I can't come to work today, my friend broke her arm" What's that got to do with anything?

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 09-16-2014, 10:20 PM
Barry Arnold

Default bill

I've never sold on ebay and think you should come back and rejoin my club.
It would be fun to have a fellow member.

all the best,

barry
Old 09-17-2014, 05:18 AM
Rich Klein

Use the bst
Old 09-17-2014, 06:27 AM
Brad Francis

Bill, maybe I am speculating but it seems as though you are being duped by an old nemesis. The wording of the excuses and timing is eerily similar. If not him directly, maybe a friend of his.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:56 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by marvymelvin View Post
Bill, maybe I am speculating but it seems as though you are being duped by an old nemesis. The wording of the excuses and timing is eerily similar. If not him directly, maybe a friend of his.
Yup, that crossed my mind, and it may very well be, Brad. But for now, I am treating them as if they were any other non-paying buyer. I've created similar threads on Sportscardforum, Blowout Cards and Freedom Cardboard, asking to get this user ID blocked. I've submitted a non payment item with eBay, and if it turns out I do have any credible evidence that this is that certain person, I am fully prepared to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. And if that certain person is reading this thread, as I was informed that they like to "monitor" this website, they should know that if this issue were to escalate, I will gladly retain legal council, and bring this matter to the attention of the FBI.

Old 09-17-2014, 08:43 AM
Bi11..R0berts

Bill, I can tell from your previous posts that you are positive guy and passionate about our hobby. It's unfortunate that these things happen, but from time to time we all run into people who I'll just say are "somewhat-less". My suggestion is to block the buyer and move on. Get back to the positives in the hobby that you enjoy. In short time this water will be long since under the bridge.
Successful transactions with: Chesboro41, jimivintage, Bocabirdman, marcdelpercio, Jollyelm, Smanzari, asoriano, pclpads, joem36, nolemmings, t206blogcom, Northviewcats, Xplainer, Kickstand19, GrayGhost, btcarfango, Brian Van Horn, USMC09, G36, scotgreb, tere1071, kurri17, wrm, David James, tjenkins, SteveWhite, OhioCard Collector, sysks22, ejstel. Marty
Old 09-17-2014, 08:51 AM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Yup, that crossed my mind, and it may very well be, Brad. But for now, I am treating them as if they were any other non-paying buyer. I've created similar threads on Sportscardforum, Blowout Cards and Freedom Cardboard, asking to get this user ID blocked. I've submitted a non payment item with eBay, and if it turns out I do have any credible evidence that this is that certain person, I am fully prepared to file a complaint with the Internet Crime Complaint Center. And if that certain person is reading this thread, as I was informed that they like to "monitor" this website, they should know that if this issue were to escalate, I will gladly retain legal council, and bring this matter to the attention of the FBI.
The FBI? Over a $90 card on ebay?

He is available to do custom drawings in graphite, charcoal and other media. He also sells some of his works as note cards/greeting cards on Etsy under JamesSpaethArt.
Old 09-17-2014, 09:18 AM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post
Over one card, one time? Of course not. I'll just try to sell it again. Or, I may try to sell it here.

I should clarify what I meant by "if it escalates". If I start selling other items, and the buyers of those cards also refuse to pay, then it's no longer an isolated incident. Then it starts becoming clear that somebody is trying to screw with my attempts to sell. Then I start looking at what's happening as a form of fraud.

Old 09-17-2014, 06:02 PM
Daryl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peter_Spaeth View Post

Or the CSIS.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:21 PM
Belltown Vintage

When I get a buyer like this I just say "OK" and at some point I either get paid, or ebay kills the transaction and I get my fees back. The worst thing you can do is waste much time on it or get yourself upset. Most of the time they eventually pay.

What you have to watch out for is the ones that pay with e-check through Paypal. I have had those eventually fail due to insufficient funds, and it sometimes takes a week or two. Absolutely never ship until an e-check clears.
Old 09-17-2014, 06:30 PM
D@niel.P@trick.Johnson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
When I get a buyer like this I just say "OK" and at some point I either get paid, or ebay kills the transaction and I get my fees back. The worst thing you can do is waste much time on it or get yourself upset. Most of the time they eventually pay.

What you have to watch out for is the ones that pay with e-check through Paypal. I have had those eventually fail due to insufficient funds, and it sometimes takes a week or two. Absolutely never ship until an e-check clears.
Good advice.
Old 09-17-2014, 07:02 PM
Br.ent !ngr@m
Br.ent Ing@am

Quote:
Originally Posted by deucetwins View Post
Go to the funeral and strong arm him as last rites are being read. That's old school debt collecting.
Nice.
+1
Old 09-17-2014, 07:47 PM
Raymond 'Robbie' Culpepper

Bill - when things like this happen to me, I tend to use a mathematical term to explain it. As a matter of fact, this term comes in handy in describing most mischief springing from the actions of a few hiding in large groups.

That term is Lowest Common Denominator and the bigger the group (i.e. EBay's customer base, etc.) the lower the Lowest Common Denominator becomes.

My experience is that Ebay will assist you if you have a valid beef. I just recently had a none responding bidder/buyer. I opened a case requesting that the transaction be canceled. Ebay makes the effort to contact the buyer themselves and then allows you to cancel the transaction...with all fees returned. Then you can relist. The worst thing is that this can take more than a few days.

Just remember, LCDs live and walk among us...don't let them eat your brain!

=

“If you have a chance to make life better for others and fail to do so, you are wasting your time on this earth.”- Roberto Clemente
Old 09-17-2014, 08:02 PM
qu@n nguy3n

file npb, block him and move on...it's ebay for god sake you are not the first to encounter these types of buyers. imo it's pretty tame compared to other stories out there.

also learn to grade the card in less than 50 words. that wall of text was not necessary for a $90 card. you are TOO invested here, take a step back please. you start to attract the crazies when you go too in-depth (because looking at all those words makes me a little dizzy).

"NRMT+ auto rookie card of the SB winning QB, some very minor surface damage account for the grade. Will be securely packaged in a magnetic one touch case. Check feedback and buy with confidence"