NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-21-2016, 04:06 PM
D@rek H.ogue

Default The Great American Collectibles Show

Hey guys.

I just wanted to put out a friendly heads up about a radio program I recently found out about for those of you who have not yet heard of it. It is hosted by Tom Zappala who has written lovely books about T206 and Cracker Jack cards amongst others, as well as former big leaguer Rico Petrocelli.

I had not been aware that there were programs like this but I became aware of it about a month ago and have really enjoyed listening and taking part. It is educational as well as entertaining with cool guests as well.

Here is a link for anyone who interested:

http://www.psacard.com/radio

Enjoy guys, and Happy Holidays.

Respectfully,

Derek
Old 12-22-2016, 06:36 PM
Be.n C0z1n

I checked out one of the shows and one thing that I found very odd was that They had Brian Drent ( Mile High Cards? ) as a guest. They put him on hold, only to come back to him later. I've never seen that. I've heard talk show callers get put on hold for a guest, say Tim McCarver comes onto a sports talk show, they will cut off John Doe, but Drent being cut off just seemed strange.
Old 12-22-2016, 10:15 PM

Default Great Sports Collectibles Show

The format is to have a guest, bring on a short special guest, then go back to the first one. It actually works really well. Tom and Rico are really funny and are great at allowing the experts to tell their stories without interruptions. The show is going to keep getting better so everyone should give it a chance. They have the replay up all week in case you miss the live show. They are going to be including other collectibles which will be kind of cool as well. Enjoy...
Old 12-22-2016, 10:20 PM

I saw this on Facebook . I wanted to check it out so thanks for the link
Old 12-23-2016, 05:25 AM

Default Great American Collectibles Show

Hi Guys,

Rico and I came up with the concept of the show to make it both informative and entertaining. We felt that we could all have fun and still learn. Thanks to all of you who have sent nice comments. So far people seem to like the banter between the two of us as well as the great info being submitted by some of the best experts in the hobby.
Special thanks to all of you guys who have listened and to Leon as always for his support.
Rico and I have been doing some radio off and on for the last 10 years and have a blast busting each others chops. He is an icon in Massachusetts, being a Red Sox Hall of Famer, but does not take himself too seriously.
He will be missing the next couple of shows because he is on the way to Fla. for some Sox stuff. Thanks for your support and wishing you all the Happiest of Holidays!

Tom

Last edited by starmingia; 12-23-2016 at 05:44 AM.