NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > WaterCooler Talk- Off Topics

Old 02-23-2011, 10:30 AM

Rocky. Get up you son of a b***h because Mickey loves ya.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8Uctq_aY2Ww
Old 02-23-2011, 12:55 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

Default great thread

Sam Baldwin: Didn't you see Fatal Attraction?
Jonah Baldwin: You wouldn't let me!
Sam Baldwin: Well I saw it and it scared the shit out of me. It scared the shit out of every man in America.

from sleepless in Seattle

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 02-25-2011, 03:23 PM
M@rk V3l@rd3

A little long, but a favorite of mine from Good Will Hunting.

Sean: Thought about what you said to me the other day. About my painting.
Will: Oh
Sean: Stayed up half the night thinking about it. Something occurred to me. I fell into a deep, peaceful sleep and haven't thought about you since. You know what occurred to me?
Will: No
Sean: You're just a kid. You don't have the faintest idea what you're talking about.
Will: Why, thank you.
Sean: It's all right. You've never been out of Boston.
Will: Nope
Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny... on every art book ever written. Michelangelo? You know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations. Him and the pope. Sexual orientation. The whole works, right? I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling. Seeing that. If I ask you about women, you'll probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman... and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. I ask you about war, you'd probably ah throw Shakespeare at me, right? "Once more into the breach, dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap... and watched him gasp his last breath lookin' to you for help. If I asked you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet, but you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feelin' like God put an angel on Earth just for you, who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her be there forever. Through anything. Through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleepin' sittin' up in a hospital room... for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes... that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. I look at you. I don't see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius, Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine. You ripped my fuckin' life apart. You're an orphan, right? Do you think that I'd know the first thing about how hard your life has been - how you feel, who you are - because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally, I don't give a shit about all that, because - You know what? I can't learn anything from you... I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you wanna talk about you, who you are. And I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't wanna do that, do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 02-25-2011, 04:18 PM
Scott

"Over? Over? Was it over when the Germans bombed Pearl Harbor?"

Bluto Blutarsky
Animal House
Old 03-02-2011, 04:51 PM
Travis W.

here's a few of mine...

"...I don't want money, and I don't want medals...what I DO want is for you to stand there in that fa**oty white uniform and with your Harvard mouth extend me some f***ing courtesy...you have to ask me nicely!"

-Colonel Jessup; A Few Good Men

"If you were any other man I would KILL YOU where you stand!"

-Lt. Cmdr. Worf; Star Trek First Contact

Dave: "No, no, no don't touch it...I was counting on this. They are bringin us in!"

Hiller: "Well when the hell was you gonna tell me?!?!"

Dave: "...oops"

-Independence Day

Command Master Chief: "Lieutenant O'Neill....seek life...else...where"

O'Neill: "Suck my dick!!"

- GI Jane

Stan: "Mason!! Are you alright???"

Mason: "Oh yes...PERFECTLY Ok you fu**ing idiot!!!"

Stan: "I don't...I don't know anything about you."

Mason: "Well I know something about you Godspell"

Stan: "Goodspeed!!"

Mason: "Oh Goodspeed, Godspeed, Godspell....you never went to any anti-terrorist school. So just make sure you don't get us all fu**in killed."

- The Rock

"...because this is the only pussy...you are going to get! Your days of fingerbanging miss Mary Jane Rottencrotch through her pretty pink panties are OVER!"

- Gunnery Sgt Hartman; Full Metal Jacket

Woman with child: "Hey, look who's here its Santa Claus...tell Santa what you want for Christmas"

'Santa' : "I'm on my fu**in lunch break alright?!?!"

Marcus: "What the hell do you mean 'get him outta here?'"

Gin: "Take him to the car!"

Marcus: "In case you didn't notice I'm a motherfu**ing dwarf, so unless you got a forklift handy, maybe you should lend a hand, hmm?"

Gin: "That figures. You want all kind of set-asides. Special treatment 'cause you're handicapped. You're all the same.

Marcus: "Special treatment?! I'm 3-foot-fu**ing-tall you asshole! It's a matter of physics. Draw me a sketch of how I get him to the car, huh?"

Gin: "Bitch, Bitch, Bitch!"

Marcus: "Sketch it up, you fu**ing moron. Fu**ing Leonardo da Vinci."

Gin: "What'd you call me thigh-high?"

Marcus: "I called you a fu**ing guinea homo from the 15th-fu**ing-century, you dickhead!"

Gin: "I could stick you up my ass, small fry."

Marcus: "Yeah? You sure it ain't too sore from last night?"

Gin: "You got some lip on you midget."

Marcus: "Yeah? Well these lips were on your wife's pussy last night. Why don't you dust that thing off once in a while? Asshole!"

- Bad Santa

Last edited by VinTX; 03-02-2011 at 04:53 PM.
Old 03-04-2011, 07:02 PM

From the Outlaw Josey Wales:

Bounty hunter: "I'm just trying to make a living"
Clint eastwood: "Dyin' ain't much of a livin', boy"

From "Saving Private Ryan":

Ed Byrnes describing (the wrong) Private Ryan as he runs by: "Told you he was an asshole"

From "The Asphalt Jungle":

John Maxwell referring to the shot and fleeing Sterling Hayden: "There isn't enough blood left in him to keep a chicken alive".
Old 03-04-2011, 09:19 PM
Todd Schultz

Bob McKenzie, in Strange Brew
"I was the last one left after the nuclear holocaust, eh. The whole world had been destroyed, like U.S. blew up Russia and Russia blew up U.S. Fortunately, I had been offworld at the time. There wasn't much to do. All the bowling alleys had been wrecked. So I spent most of my time looking for beer."
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.
Old 03-07-2011, 08:01 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lordstan View Post
Sean: So if I asked you about art, you'd probably give me the skinny... on every art book ever written. Michelangelo? You know a lot about him. Life's work, political aspirations. Him and the pope. Sexual orientation. The whole works, right? I bet you can't tell me what it smells like in the Sistine Chapel. You never actually stood there and looked up at that beautiful ceiling. Seeing that. If I ask you about women, you'll probably give me a syllabus of your personal favorites. You may have even been laid a few times. But you can't tell me what it feels like to wake up next to a woman... and feel truly happy. You're a tough kid. I ask you about war, you'd probably ah throw Shakespeare at me, right? "Once more into the breach, dear friends." But you've never been near one. You've never held your best friend's head in your lap... and watched him gasp his last breath lookin' to you for help. If I asked you about love, you'd probably quote me a sonnet, but you've never looked at a woman and been totally vulnerable. Known someone that could level you with her eyes. Feelin' like God put an angel on Earth just for you, who could rescue you from the depths of hell. And you wouldn't know what it's like to be her angel, to have that love for her be there forever. Through anything. Through cancer. And you wouldn't know about sleepin' sittin' up in a hospital room... for two months, holding her hand, because the doctors could see in your eyes... that the terms "visiting hours" don't apply to you. You don't know about real loss, 'cause that only occurs when you love something more than you love yourself. I doubt you've ever dared to love anybody that much. I look at you. I don't see an intelligent, confident man. I see a cocky, scared shitless kid. But you're a genius, Will. No one denies that. No one could possibly understand the depths of you. But you presume to know everything about me because you saw a painting of mine. You ripped my fuckin' life apart. You're an orphan, right? Do you think that I'd know the first thing about how hard your life has been - how you feel, who you are - because I read Oliver Twist? Does that encapsulate you? Personally, I don't give a shit about all that, because - You know what? I can't learn anything from you... I can't read in some fuckin' book. Unless you wanna talk about you, who you are. And I'm fascinated. I'm in. But you don't wanna do that, do you sport? You're terrified of what you might say. Your move, chief.
Great writing and great delivery!
Old 03-09-2011, 12:19 AM
Archive

Theres no crying in Baseball!
Old 03-09-2011, 02:44 PM
Isaac Lane

Default Voice over from "The Assassination of Jesse James by the Coward Robert Ford"

Describing Jesse..

Narrator: He was growing into middle age, and was living then in a bungalow on Woodland Avenue. He installed himself in a rocking chair and smoked a cigar down in the evenings as his wife wiped her pink hands on an apron and reported happily on their two children. His children knew his legs, the sting of his mustache against their cheeks. They didn't know how their father made his living, or why they so often moved. They didn't even know their father's name. He was listed in the city directory as Thomas Howard. And he went everywhere unrecognized and lunched with Kansas City shopkeepers and merchants, calling himself a cattleman or a commodities investor, someone rich and leisured who had the common touch. He had two incompletely healed bullet holes in his chest and another in his thigh. He was missing the nub of his left middle finger and was cautious, lest that mutilation be seen. He also had a condition that was referred to as "granulated eyelids" and it caused him to blink more than usual as if he found creation slightly more than he could accept. Rooms seemed hotter when he was in them. Rains fell straighter. Clocks slowed. Sounds were amplified. He considered himself a Southern loyalist and guerrilla in a Civil War that never ended. He regretted neither his robberies, nor the seventeen murders that he laid claim to. He had seen another summer under in Kansas City, Missouri and on September 5th in the year 1881, he was thirty-four-years-old.
Old 03-09-2011, 06:54 PM
Michael S

From my all-time fav comedy-Stripes

John Winger (Bill Murray):C'mon, it's Czechoslovakia. We zip in, we pick 'em up, we zip right out again. We're not going to Moscow. It's Czechoslovakia. It's like going into Wisconsin.

Russell Ziskey (Harold Ramis): Well I got the sh** kicked out of me in Wisconsin once. Forget it!
Old 03-12-2011, 10:27 AM
pariah1107

From Repo-Man;

"Your not a communist are you? You'd better not be. I won't have any communists in my car..... and no Christians!"
Old 03-30-2011, 06:15 PM
Lou

Talking

Setting is in an old west jail:
Kirk Douglas: If you want smokes you get'em from a guy called Tobakky,you want hard candy you get'em from a guy called sweets,well I wanna know,do you have a guy here name a Poontang?
Old 04-03-2011, 02:25 PM
Adam Goldenberg

Default Tombstone

I'm your huckleberry
Doc Holiday
Old 04-05-2011, 12:37 PM
Banned

"Show me the money!" Jerry McGuire (Tom Cruise)

"You're gonna need a bigger boat." Jaws (Roy Schnieder)

"Here's Johnny!" The Shining (Jack Nicholson)

“You call that a knife? That’s not a knife. This is a knife.” Crocodile Dundee (Paul Hogan)

“Yippe-ki-yi-yay, Motherf***er.” Die Hard (Bruce Willis)

“Sucking all the marrow out of life doesn’t mean choking on the bone.” Dead Poet's Society (Robin Williams)

“Women need a reason to have sex. Men just need a place.” City Slickers (Billy Crystal)

“I do wish we could chat longer, but I’m having an old friend for dinner.” Silence of the Lambs (Anthony Hopkins)

“Every man dies. Not every man really lives.” Braveheart (Mel Gibson)

To crush your enemies, see them driven before you, and to hear the lamentation of their women.” Conan the Barbarian (Arnold Schwarzenegger)

“Take this quarter, go downtown, and have a rat gnaw that thing off your face! Good day to you, madam.” Uncle Buck (John Candy)

"I'm not looking for the best players, Craig. I'm looking for the right ones." Miracle (Kurt Russell)

"Maybe poker's just not your game, Ike. I know: let's have a spelling contest." Tombstone (Val Kilmer)

Johnny Ringo: My fight's not with you, Holliday.
Doc Holliday: I beg to differ, sir. We started a game we never got to finish. "Play for Blood," remember?
Johnny Ringo: Oh that. I was just foolin' about.
Doc Holliday: I wasn't.
Tombstone

Cafeteria Worker: Taco? Nacho? Burrito?
Orsten Artis: [Blank Stare]
Cafeteria Worker: Taco? Nacho? Burrito?
Orsten Artis: No, I'm looking for el hot dog-o.
Glory Road

"Aim small, miss small." Te Patriot (Mel Gibson)

"Is there no one else? Is there no one else?" Troy (Brad Pitt)
Old 04-12-2011, 12:21 PM
T0dd M@rcum

Not a dog. Not a wolf. All he knows is what he's not. Boris (Balto)
Old 04-15-2011, 09:23 AM
M@tt McC@rthy

Default True Romance & The Princess Bride

Most of my favorite quotes from True Romance would need so much editing as to be not worth the effort...that said, great movie with a ton of great lines with the scene between Hopper and Walken amongst my favorites of all time...it all starts out with...

Vincenzo Coccotti: "We're gonna have a little Q&A, and at the risk of sounding redundant, please... make your answers genuine."

Also a big fan of The Princess Bride...if you've never scene it, a great movie that'll make you feel like a kid again...

Inigo Montoya: Hello. My name is Inigo Montoya. You killed my father. Prepare to die.
Count Rugen: Stop saying that!

[In the boat in the morning]
Inigo Montoya: He's right on top of us. I wonder if he is using the same wind we are using.

Inigo Montoya: I donna suppose you could speed things up?
Man in Black: If you're in such a hurry, you could lower a rope or a tree branch or find something useful to do.
Inigo Montoya: I could do that. I have some rope up here, but I do not think you would accept my help, since I am only waiting around to kill you.
Man in Black: That does put a damper on our relationship.

Inigo Montoya: I do not mean to pry, but you don't by any chance happen to have six fingers on your right hand?
Man in Black: Do you always begin conversations this way?

Inigo Montoya: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to kill you.
Man in Black: You seem a decent fellow. I hate to die.

Westley: There's a shortage of perfect breasts in this world. It would be a pity to damage yours.

And my favorite...

[Vizzini has just cut the rope The Dread Pirate Roberts is climbing up]
Vizzini: HE DIDN'T FALL? INCONCEIVABLE.
Inigo Montoya: You keep using that word. I do not think it means what you think it means.
I collect Hal Chase, Diamond Stars (PSA 5 or better), 1951 Bowman (Raw Ex or better), 1954 Topps (PSA 7 or better), 1956 Topps (Raw Ex or better), 3x5 Hall of Fame Autographs and autographed Perez Steele Postcards. You can see my collection by going to http://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/BigSix.
Old 04-22-2011, 08:19 AM
Lonnie Nagel

Badges? We don't need no stinking badges....
Old 04-26-2011, 01:41 PM

"You mean I'm the bad guy?" Falling Down (Michael Douglas)

JimB
Old 04-26-2011, 02:33 PM
T3d $h3rm@n

"How you gonna put you finger in a dyke"

Always looking for signed 1952 topps as well as variations and errors
Old 04-26-2011, 05:08 PM
Daryle Barbee

Fletcher to the Senator is "The Outlaw Josey Wales".....and I quote

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
Old 04-26-2011, 06:17 PM
JJ

Default Here is a cool one...

Predator:

"Run! Get to the chopper! "

"What's the matter? The CIA got you pushing too many pencils? Huh? Had enough?"
Old 04-29-2011, 12:22 AM
Jerry

Oh, I got a helmet, Oh, I got a beauty
Jack Nicholson (Easy Rider)

From "The Last Detail" my favorite scene from my favorite Nicholson Movie.
Kinda obscure Nicholson Movie 1972
Only 2 min. clip, check it out
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt1kK8gsag4

Last edited by TheBig6; 04-29-2011 at 12:31 AM.
Old 05-01-2011, 01:07 AM

Does anyone know how to embed these quotes? I can on other boards but not this one.

#8 (Mississippi Leg Hound) has always cracked me up and #9 is pretty good too.

http://www.soundboard.com/sb/christmas_vacation.aspx

Last edited by Cat; 05-01-2011 at 01:10 AM.
Old 05-02-2011, 06:51 PM
Jason

Default From MegaMind

"You don't know what's good for Bad!"

This movie was full of fun lines, but I thought that one was particularly deep.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:49 PM
tony

Default tom Hanks

Theres no crying in baseball
(a league of their own)
Old 05-28-2011, 05:28 PM
Brandon

Quote:
Originally Posted by wolfdogg View Post
Fletcher to the Senator is "The Outlaw Josey Wales".....and I quote

"Don't piss down my back and tell me it's raining"
My favorite is from this movie as well:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eQt5WPQTwN0

"dying aint much of a living boy" is another favorite from this movie
Old 05-28-2011, 06:19 PM
Dan Brown

Default Spiccoli

My dad's a TV repair man, he's got an ultimate set of tools, I can fix this.
Old 05-28-2011, 06:30 PM
David McDonald

Forget it, Jake. It's Chinatown.
Old 06-03-2011, 08:31 PM
David McDonald

Rock and roll's been going down hill ever since Buddy Holly died.
Old 06-06-2011, 06:42 AM
Tony Quinn

All quotes from Goldmember:
"I've got sharks with frickin' laser beams on their heads!" Dr. Evil
"I thought I smelled cabbage" Nigel Powers to Mini me
"Can I paint his yoohoo gold?" "How about no, you stupid Dutch bas*ard" -Goldmember & Dr. Evil
One of the funniest movies I have ever seen IMO
Old 06-07-2011, 04:55 PM
Bob Pomilla

"Remember men, we're fighting for this woman's honor; which is probably more than she ever did!"

Groucho Marx, as "Rufus T. Firefly", exhorting his troops in defense of Mrs. Teasdale. (Margaret Dumont) in "Duck Soup". Allegedly an ad-lib, which caused Ms Dumont some confused discomfit.
Old 06-09-2011, 10:55 AM
Robert Williams

"Snakes....Why did it have to be snakes" - Raiders of the Lost Ark"

"Yippee-ki-ya moth****er" - Die Hard
Old 06-13-2011, 01:03 PM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Aporpos of Sylvester Stallone's induction yesterday into the International Boxing Hall of Fame:

Let me tell you something you already know. The world ain't all sunshine and rainbows. It's a very mean and nasty place and I don't care how tough you are it will beat you to your knees and keep you there permanently if you let it. You, me, or nobody is gonna hit as hard as life. But it ain't about how hard ya hit. It's about how hard you can get hit and keep moving forward. How much you can take and keep moving forward. That's how winning is done--Rocky Balboa

Nothing is real if you don't believe in who you are--Rocky Balboa

Going in one more round when you don't think you can - that's what makes all the difference in your life--Rocky Balboa

Apollo Creed: You know, Stallion? It's too bad we gotta get old, huh?
Rocky Balboa: Ah, just keep punchin', Apollo

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 06-18-2011, 10:10 PM
Ricky Anderson

I enjoy some of the lines in 8 Men Out. The first one is by far my favorite.

The whole discussion is great, but here is the one I find the coldest.

Arnold Rothstein: Look, champ. I know guys like that. I grew up with them. I was the fat kid they wouldn't let play. "Sit down, fat boy'. That's what they'd say "Sit down, maybe you'll learn something." Well, I learned something alright. Pretty soon, I owned the game, and those guys I grew up with come to me with their hats in their hands.

Another

1st Cincinnati Reds Player: These guys don't look so tough.
2nd Cincinnati Reds Player: Yeah, that's what Custer said when the Indians took the field.
Old 06-22-2011, 05:23 PM
David McDonald

Earth girls are easy.
Old 06-23-2011, 07:00 PM
Andy Garden

"Your shower shoes have fungus on them. You'll never make it to the bigs with fungus on your shower shoes. Think classy, you'll be classy. If you win 20 in the show, you can let the fungus grow back and the press'll think you're colorful. Until you win 20 in the show, however, it means you are a slob."

-Crash Davis
Old 06-26-2011, 08:52 AM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

"When a naked man is chasing a woman through an alley with a butcher's knife and a hard-on, I figure he isn't out collecting for the Red Cross!" - Harry Callahan