NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 11-12-2013, 11:19 PM

Default Here we go again!

So, to go with this Ted Williams

There is also this Casey Stengel

Old 11-13-2013, 06:01 AM
Scott

Old 11-13-2013, 08:59 AM
Richard Simon

F--- Topps
And sorry if I insult any 54 members but anyone who buys this stuff at premium prices needs to have their head examined.
www.bonanza.com/booths/richsports
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-13-2013 at 09:00 AM.
Old 11-13-2013, 12:05 PM
Scott

Its just such sacrilege. Can't they Freaking find a regular cut and use it? Another reason I hate the new crap, legalized gambling, and then the prize turns out to be a kewpie doll missing half an arm or something...smh
Old 11-13-2013, 02:22 PM
And.rew Mil.ler

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichardSimon View Post

F--- Topps
And sorry if I insult any 54 members but anyone who buys this stuff at premium prices needs to have their head examined.
COMPLETELY AGREE Richard!
Old 11-13-2013, 04:56 PM
Chris B.

Quote:

F--- Topps
I agree. I only thing something like that is worth the price of an index card or cut.

I did buy a case of the latest Yankees cut because it was so cheap. Got a cut up HOF plaque and some cut up photos that look really stupid, but out of the 24 only around 5 were like that (they are on the way to me now) and the rest were index cards.

I'll post scans of the stupid looking ones when they show up.
Old 11-20-2013, 06:54 PM
Chris B.

I picked up a case of the stuff cheap and here are 2 of the ones that make me think "what are they thinking". I don't mind the HOF plaque cut up that much (still don't like it) but the crotch shot cut out.

Last edited by SikSyko; 11-20-2013 at 06:54 PM.
Old 11-21-2013, 09:09 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

At least they could have cut the things where their whole name is shown. What a travesty......
Old 11-22-2013, 07:05 PM
James Wymer

How to you cut a Dimaggio autographed piece without blacking out?
Always accepting quality consignments
Old 11-22-2013, 08:13 PM
Chris B.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wymers Auction View Post
How to you cut a Dimaggio autographed piece without blacking out?
No clue. I was hoping it was a real cut on index card in there. At least it's not as bad as Upper Deck buying up a ton of the Pinnacal sets to cut up his auto to put in cards. I just hope it was a damaged plaque.
Old 11-23-2013, 10:18 AM
Richard Simon

I sell a Joe D. plak (a real full one) for $150 or so.
If somebody offered me the top of a plak with his signature I would throw it away.
So they take a $150 item, make it useless, then stick it on one of their chase cards and artificially inflate the value to whatever the chasers will make it.
DISGUSTING!!!
--
"I have never killed a man, but I have read many obituaries with great pleasure."- Clarence Darrow
Old 11-23-2013, 10:32 AM
keith janosky

And it will keep happening until these idiots quit buying this garbage. They think there getting a rare item when it says 1 of 1. Not sure what the mentality of that is but for me it make no sense. Then at some point there is another idiot buying it when they sell it and the cycle just goes on and on.
Old 11-23-2013, 12:56 PM
Richard Simon

Sure sounds to me like the tulip mania craze in 17th Century Holland.
Seems like stupidity keeps getting recycled.
--
Old 11-23-2013, 01:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Back in 1995 "Action Packed" had Derek sign 500 of the "1A" card and 500 of the "1D" card.

Derek Jeter "1995 Action Packed" autograph card.

action-1.jpg

Below photo.

Tristar cut up a Derek Jeter "1995 Action Packed" autograph card and made it a phoney 1/1.

Disgusting!!!!

action-2.jpg
Old 11-23-2013, 02:07 PM
Richard Simon

Instead of calling that Jeter 1/1 they should call it one half of one.
I think that I would have to call that one of the stupidest creations I have ever seen in the hobby.
Be proud Tristar, you will do anything, short of criminal activity, for money. What a pathetic piece of sh-- that is.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-23-2013 at 02:09 PM.
Old 11-23-2013, 03:12 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Instead of calling that Jeter 1/1 they should call it one half of one.
I think that I would have to call that one of the stupidest creations I have ever seen in the hobby.
Be proud Tristar, you will do anything, short of criminal activity, for money. What a pathetic piece of sh-- that is.
I agree, Richard.

They took that Jeter card and simply cut it half and called it a "1/1."

Disgusting!!!
Old 11-23-2013, 03:53 PM
keith janosky

Maybe Chris, Tristar cutting the card like that with Jeters autograph across his ass and cutting it like that was geared toward the women collectors. ha
Old 11-23-2013, 03:55 PM
keith janosky

Maybe Chris, Tristar cutting the card like that with Jeters autograph across his ass and cutting it like that with an ass shot was geared toward the women collectors. ha
Old 11-23-2013, 05:09 PM
Chris B.

I really thought they were paper cuts when I bought it and not chopped up plaques and photos and who knows what else. I was just looking to get autos that were not in my collection. Numbering them is just so stupid & I have no clue why people would pay so much because they stamp it 1/1, it's just a cut.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:11 PM
Christopher Williams

Quote:
Originally Posted by SikSyko View Post
I really thought they were paper cuts when I bought it and not chopped up plaques and photos and who knows what else. I was just looking to get autos that were not in my collection. Numbering them is just so stupid & I have no clue why people would pay so much because they stamp it 1/1, it's just a cut.
I have no issue with the card companies inserting a signed index card, piece of paper, etc., into a card etc., but for crying out loud, don't cut up cards, letters, etc.
Old 11-23-2013, 05:19 PM
Christopher Williams

Check out this Upper Deck Joe DiMaggio cut auto.

Look what Upper Deck did to the below Joe DiMaggio signed card.

JoeD-UD.jpg
Old 11-23-2013, 05:32 PM
Chris B.

Look at this piece of junk.

Old 11-23-2013, 05:59 PM
C00per

Default Cut Autos

Those are junk! Hard to believe people are getting paid to put those together. I used to hate cut cards though, and I made a few myself and I like them now if they are presented right. I think the card companies would be miles ahead just had someone who cared for the hobby putting these together.

Old 11-23-2013, 06:02 PM
Mike Navarro

Much ado about nothing IMO. As long as the autographs are authentic, and the manufacturers own them, they can do as they please. They'll stop as soon as people stop buying the product, but it seems there is an ass for every seat, and I'm not one to judge those asses. If it makes them happy and they want to collect it, are willing to pay for it, and it's not against a social norm or law, more power to them.

Hell, I collect signed cards of other grown men, sweaty old jerseys, baseballs (that are manufactured to be played with, yet I get them defaced by collecting a signature on them), old pennings by politicians and other assorted knick knacks, and therefore don't feel I'm in a position to judge what someone else collects.

Your mileage may vary,

Mike
Old 11-23-2013, 06:13 PM
Chris

I don't understand the logic behind these cards at all. From what I have seen, signed index cards are almost always less expensive than signed photos, cards, letters, etc. I don't see why these card companies would spend the extra money on a more expensive autograph when it will ultimately lead to a less attractive product. It seems like a lose, lose situation all around.
Old 11-24-2013, 09:34 AM
Richard Simon

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenavarro View Post
Much ado about nothing IMO. As long as the autographs are authentic, and the manufacturers own them, they can do as they please. They'll stop as soon as people stop buying the product, but it seems there is an ass for every seat, and I'm not one to judge those asses. If it makes them happy and they want to collect it, are willing to pay for it, and it's not against a social norm or law, more power to them.

Hell, I collect signed cards of other grown men, sweaty old jerseys, baseballs (that are manufactured to be played with, yet I get them defaced by collecting a signature on them), old pennings by politicians and other assorted knick knacks, and therefore don't feel I'm in a position to judge what someone else collects.

Your mileage may vary,

Mike
Mike - if this site were free of criticism of other folks collecting habits, and members were not judging those asses, then it would lose 60% of its posts . And I have examples of non authentic autographs on these cards, so the card companies are not totally blameless.
--

Last edited by RichardSimon; 11-24-2013 at 09:37 AM.
Old 11-24-2013, 11:39 AM
Mike Navarro

Quote:
Mike - if this site were free of criticism of other folks collecting habits, and members were not judging those asses, then it would lose 60% of its posts . And I have examples of non authentic autographs on these cards, so the card companies are not totally blameless.
I hear ya Richard, I'm just in a pissy mood because I'm tired of studying for finals. I've served notice to a lot of the people that I know, that I am going to be a pain in the ass until December 10, at which point I'll return to my pleasant demeanor, LOL

Mike
Old 11-24-2013, 11:48 AM
Chris B.

Quote:
And I have examples of non authentic autographs on these cards
I really don't think the Joe D I posted is real, something just looks off to me with it.