NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 06-26-2015, 01:07 PM

Default Seattle Baseball Memorabilia Shops?

Would appreciate info about any shops in Seattle that sell vintage baseball memorabilia, such as pinback buttons, programs, ticket stubs, game used items, etc. related to the Pilots and Mariners.

Thank you.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:16 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Though I haven't been, there is a little card shop in the Pike Place Market. There's also a very big antiques store called Seattle Antiques Market on the waterfront near Pike Street Market. Easy to hit both, though I make no promises about Mariners and Pilots items. There are Mariners' team stores at the stadium and downtown, though it will be pricey modern stuff.

Last edited by drcy; 06-26-2015 at 03:22 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 03:38 PM
Mikeknapp

Try Gasoline Alley
http://www.gasolinealleyantiques.com/search.htm

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 06-26-2015, 05:12 PM
N@te

So has anyone here heard about the big Mariners store find from about 2011 or so? The Mariners team store found boxes of game worn jerseys from the 80's and 90's. Tons of Griffeys, Big Units, Edgar's, Arod's, Ichiro, some Vizquel's, Buhners, etc. They sold them all in their team store, and since they weren't authenticated, they sold them as game issued.

I was able to get 3 Big Unit's, a couple Edgar's, a Buhners, and a few lower end players from the 80's. I unfortunately wasn't able to get any of the Griffey, Arod or Ichiro jerseys(they were long gone), but it was an amazing sale they had.

Anyone here buy anything from that sale?

Sorry, don't mean to get off topic. The subject made me think of it

A portion of my collection on GUA:

https://gameusedauthority.com/all-co...member_id=pUnl

Last edited by UnVme7; 06-26-2015 at 05:17 PM.
Old 06-26-2015, 08:46 PM

Thanks for the suggestions.
Old 06-27-2015, 04:58 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by 71buc View Post
This would be your best bet in the Seattle area.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
Though I haven't been, there is a little card shop in the Pike Place Market. There's also a very big antiques store called Seattle Antiques Market on the waterfront near Pike Street Market. Easy to hit both, though I make no promises about Mariners and Pilots items. There are Mariners' team stores at the stadium and downtown, though it will be pricey modern stuff.
I have visited this shop twice within the last 3 years. It's a VERY small shop and I did find a couple of pristine Crackerjacks pinbacks that I had been looking for at a reasonable price. Their inventory is very limited, but if you visit Pike Street Market you should check them out. The people there were friendly, FWIW.
Old 06-27-2015, 10:57 AM
Banned

My fiance' used to work at that team shop so ill ask her about it. The pike place store sells a decent amount of 50's-higher raw cards but nothing great. Most stuff is highly priced and not worth it imo. Still a cool little shop to visit. They also specialize in coins
Old 06-27-2015, 11:02 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
My fiance' used to work at that team shop so ill ask her about it. The pike place store sells a decent amount of 50's-higher raw cards but nothing great. Most stuff is highly priced and not worth it imo. Still a cool little shop to visit. They also specialize in coins
Is the shop in the market hard to find?
Old 06-27-2015, 11:35 AM
Rob

Doesn't runscott own a store in Belltown? Or is that not a brick and mortar store?
Old 06-27-2015, 11:44 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by icollectDCsports View Post
Is the shop in the market hard to find?
No its very easy. Youll most likely start from the top of the market where they sell all the food and stuff. Go downstairs and youll walk into a bunch of stores. Its right across from the magic shop
Old 06-27-2015, 01:55 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by JoeyFarino View Post
No its very easy. Youll most likely start from the top of the market where they sell all the food and stuff. Go downstairs and youll walk into a bunch of stores. Its right across from the magic shop
Cool. Thanks
Old 06-27-2015, 02:07 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

The Pike Street Market includes an indoor mall. You can enter it at several points at the market and on that block of First Avenue. There will be big signs and you can ask. Pike Street Market is on the side of a hill, so there are different levels. Most pictures (as below) show the top outdoor level with the famous clock sign. Duly note that the mall is very old fashioned (circa 1900) with hardwood floors, and I assume is in its original circa 1900 design. We're not talking a modern suburban mall.

Last edited by drcy; 06-27-2015 at 02:22 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 02:53 PM
J Stone

If you like paper ephemera don't miss out on Fairlook Antiques, 81 S Washington St, Seattle, WA 98104 (206) 622-5130

It's in the Pioneer Square area and you can get a free shuttle, I think from Pikes to the Square.

Ask the proprietor to point you to what you are looking for. It's one of those places that can be overwhelming but the dude knows where everything is.
Old 06-27-2015, 05:25 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
The Pike Street Market includes an indoor mall. You can enter it at several points at the market and on that block of First Avenue. There will be big signs and you can ask. Pike Street Market is on the side of a hill, so there are different levels. Most pictures (as below) show the top outdoor level with the famous clock sign. Duly note that the mall is very old fashioned (circa 1900) with hardwood floors, and I assume is in its original circa 1900 design. We're not talking a modern suburban mall.

If you are looking at a great tour of Pikes Street Market's history and awesome tastes of some of its best food, I would highly recommend Seattle Bites Food Tours.
Tell the owner Mark that Scott Garner recommended them.
I've been through the tour twice & it is terrific!

Last edited by Scott Garner; 06-27-2015 at 05:27 PM.
Old 06-27-2015, 06:08 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
If you are looking at a great tour of Pikes Street Market's history and awesome tastes of some of its best food, I would highly recommend Seattle Bites Food Tours.
Tell the owner Mark that Scott Garner recommended them.
I've been through the tour twice & it is terrific!
Regarding food, hit the Filipino restaurant near the creamery across the street from the pic David posted - easily my favorite in the market area. Get anything she recommends and you'll be happy.

Regarding that card shop, oddly enough I have never seen it and I bought all my food at Pike Market for 5-6 years. I think I must have made 2-3 tours of the lower levels (where the card shop is) when visitors were in town, but I never lingered - not into the trinket stuff, which is where this is located.

And regarding the question about my place, it is NOT brick and mortar. I am still planning to open a brick and mortar vintage baseball store/coffee shop, in an old house where I live upstairs or in the back. I have checked out a few places across the U.S. but not yet able to convince my girlfriend to leave the Pac NW. When you are as unlikeable and disrespected as me (on the internet, but that's the only part of the world that counts), you have to stick with a keeper when you find her!

If you are short of time, throw all these suggestions out to the window and go to a Mariners game - best ML stadium ever IMO.

Last edited by Runscott; 06-27-2015 at 06:09 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:40 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

No free buses in downtown Seattle anymore. They ended that a couple of years ago.

However, it's a short walk between Pike Street Market and Pioneer Square. Maybe four or five blocks. The walk might be shorter than the wait for the bus.

Last edited by drcy; 06-28-2015 at 02:41 AM.
Old 06-28-2015, 06:00 AM

Seattle is easily one of the best walking cities in the US
Old 06-28-2015, 10:18 AM
Mikeknapp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scott Garner View Post
Seattle is easily one of the best walking cities in the US
This is only true if you don't mind walking uphill while trying to match RunScott stride for stride��

If you have any 1971 Pirate regular season game stubs (home or away games) please let me know what have!

1971 Pirates Game used bats Collection 18/18 (100%)
Old 06-28-2015, 01:01 PM

Quote:
this is only true if you don't mind walking uphill while trying to match runscott stride for stride��
lol
Old 06-28-2015, 01:14 PM
Curt

You'd think there would be more in a bigger city like Seattle, but most of them have closed. if you are just in town for a quick visit, the shops are worth a try. if you are moving here or will make frequent trips, then you might try to catch one of the shows held by WSSCA. That might be your best bet.

http://www.wsscaseattle.com

I used to travel a lot within the area for work and knew where all the shops were located, but as I said, many have since closed their doors.

Card Exchange (North seattle) and DJ's Sportscards (Renton) are the two I still visit periodically, but that is mainly for supplies (Card Exchange) and oddball, cheap stuff (DJs).

I heard that Brown's Cooperstown (a shop that was in Freemont) sold and may be open under new ownership in the Queen Anne area, but have never been.

Too bad U Trading Cards closed their doors. They were centrally located and probably benefited greatly from being close to the UW campus, for a steady flow of new customers and probably for a steady flow of new college kids selling collections for beer and tuition money!
Old 06-28-2015, 01:24 PM
Curt

We were in the market last year and I decided to snap a couple shots of the shops I visited as a kid, when I would take the ferry across from Bainbridge Island. With things changing, you regret not taking a photo of something as simple as a storefront. With my collecting interests, I wish I had photographed all the shops I have visited, because I'd guess nearly all are now closed and long gone. Makes me think of the photos of the Renata Galasso shop in NY. Seems to be only a couple images of that shop.

These two are in the lower levels and very close to each other. If there are others, I am not aware. In fact, Golden Age doesn't appear to even sell sports stuff any more, just comics and such. I'm not sure how the other shop can stay in business, given the internet...

Last edited by mrmopar; 06-28-2015 at 01:25 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 01:26 PM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Seattle has a compact downtown. If you're in good shape, you can hit all the highlights by foot. Though, as mentioned, it has hills. If you aren't in walking shape, it has a good public bus system to take you to where you want to go.

Last edited by drcy; 06-28-2015 at 01:46 PM.
Old 06-28-2015, 02:00 PM

I'll definitely look for the shops in the market and may try to get to Gasoline Alley, which seems I may need to grab a taxi to get to from downtown. Thanks to everyone for the info and suggestions.
Old 06-28-2015, 05:08 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
This is only true if you don't mind walking uphill while trying to match RunScott stride for stride��
Next time we go to a game I will wear ankle weights