NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 12-19-2011, 08:17 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Default Question How long to pay for ebay item

I was away and an item ended on the 14th and I just got in late last night so this morning when I went online I see a seller made an unpaid item complaint against me is this normal? Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 08:21 AM

I would say "yes." Some people can be a little eager on eBay. Just make the payment today and all will be well.
Heritage Auctions www.Sports.HA.com
ChrisN@HA.com
1-800-872-6467 X1615

Consign to auction at http://sports.ha.com/consign
Get a free Auction Evaluation or Formal Written Appraisal at http://sports.ha.com/appraise
find out what your sports memorabilia is worth at http://sports.ha.com/common/worth.php
Changing out "sports" for your subdomain (like "coins", "fineart", historical", etc. will make those links work for you.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:28 AM
Andy Sargent

Default Courtesy

Personally,
From a courtesy point of view...5 days is pushing it unless prior arrangements/notifications have been made.

If no contact has been made by the buyer, people tend to get a little jumpy and with the way EBAY has been lately (non paying bidders, etc) I am not surprised or can't blame the seller for doing so.

Andy
Old 12-19-2011, 08:29 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by kneerat View Post
I would say "yes." Some people can be a little eager on eBay. Just make the payment today and all will be well.
Wow, I don't sell much on ebay but 3 business days to file a NPB claim seems like a short time, but what do I know? I guess I am patient which has not usually been one of my virtues.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:31 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

Yes but I have 100% and have been on since Jan 1999 so if I do not get the card in 5 days then I should leave a neg right? Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 08:35 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
Yes but I have 100% and have been on since Jan 1999 so if I do not get the card in 5 days then I should leave a neg right? Rob
I wouldn't personally leave a neg but I would say something in my response akin to

"Impatient seller, filed NPB after 3 business days. Happy Holidays to you too!!"

Old 12-19-2011, 08:37 AM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I like that. You know I don't know why people don't give you a chance. Rob

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-19-2011 at 08:44 AM.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:01 AM
R Dixon

You can pay for ebay purchases any day, not just business days.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:17 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rdixon1208 View Post
You can pay for ebay purchases any day, not just business days.
Some people probably do family things on the weekend and don't deal with ebay and the like on Sat and Sun.....Of course anyone can pay anytime. I have over 1700 feed back and the large majority is buying. I am sure I have paid at almost every hour of every day, at some time in the past. I was being conservative.

Old 12-19-2011, 09:20 AM
Ke.n K0hen

I think that Ebay's policy is that a seller is able to file a NPB claim from starting from 4 days after the conclusion of the auction.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:25 AM
Alan U

Here's ebay's policy, then I think the buyer has 7 days to pay after the unpaid item claim is made.

"When a buyer wins an item or uses Buy It Now to purchase an item, they're obligated to complete the purchase by sending full payment to the seller.

If a buyer doesn't pay within 4 days, sellers can open an unpaid item case in the Resolution Center. If the buyer still doesn't pay or reach some other agreement with the seller, eBay may record the unpaid item on the buyer's account.

When an unpaid item case closes without payment from the buyer, sellers are eligible to receive a final value fee credit to their eBay seller account. Also, if they relist the item and it sells the second time, eBay may refund the insertion fee for the relisting. Learn more about how the free relist policy works.

Excessive unpaid items on a buyer's account may result in range of actions, including limits or loss of buying privileges."
Old 12-19-2011, 09:28 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

I always thought it was normal to pay within 24 hours. It's just more convenient for both parties. Seller gets the money quicker, buyer gets the item quicker.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 12-19-2011, 09:49 AM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Once an unpaid item case has been opened the buyer has 4 days in which to make payment. If during that time payment is not made, a strike will be given. eBay shortened the waiting time which is about the only thing they have given sellers over the last two years in which they have stripped away everything else.

My auctions are set to open an unpaid item case after 4 days. The auctions all clearly state that but I also offer more time if I am contacted prior to the close of the auction. Since I now only accept paypal I figure it takes a few seconds to click the button. The auctions are up for 5 to 7 days add on another 4 days (8 actually if you include the time allowed after the unpaid case is opened) which should be more than enough time to budget for the purchase.

Sellers are required to ship within 3 days of payment being received so why is it so unreasonable to expect a buyer to pay within 8? Even if sellers do ship within 3 days they are still subject to negative feedback or, worse, low DSRs if the buyer is unreasonable or unhappy with transit time.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:49 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportscardpete View Post
I always thought it was normal to pay within 24 hours. It's just more convenient for both parties. Seller gets the money quicker, buyer gets the item quicker.
It's not always that easy. I went into the hospital early last week for an emergency appendectomy and was there for several days. I was discharged Saturday afternoon and now I'm at home this week resting and recuperating. In the meantime, an eBay seller filed a NPB on me while I was in the hospital because I had not paid for a card (which was no fault of my own). You can bet he'll get a negative from me once I get the card.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:15 AM
Eric Bea.chley

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
Some people probably do family things on the weekend and don't deal with ebay and the like on Sat and Sun.....Of course anyone can pay anytime. I have over 1700 feed back and the large majority is buying. I am sure I have paid at almost every hour of every day, at some time in the past. I was being conservative.
For me it's sometimes the opposite. Since I can't access my regular email from work (but can access Net54baseball :-) ) and get home late, I may not pay until Saturday for an auction I sniped during the week.
Old 12-19-2011, 11:29 AM
Andrew

Default ebay

As stated earlier, some sellers will automatically file a nonpayment claim after a certain amount of days. When I sell an item I will send a message after 7 days if there is no payment or communication from the buyer.

The key to me is communication. I have had a number of times that buyers have not been able to pay right away but as long as they keep in contact with me I have no problem waiting.

As a buyer I recently had my main check card that is linked to my paypal stolen and had to contact a few sellers to ask for a few days until I was issued a new card. I feel that most sellers are reasonable as long there is communication.

Andrew
Old 12-19-2011, 11:52 AM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default And the seller is...

First off, I'll identify myself as the seller. I have a PM into Rob regarding some items that only concern the two of us, but my two cents on the topic:

Like many other sellers, I utilize the unpaid item assistant. I prefer not to have to manually keep track of how much time has elapsed and find the service convenient. There are only a few options that can be selected related to the duration of time to wait before opening a case using the assistant. They are 4, 8, 16, 24 and 32 (calender) days. Only eBay could tell you why it's this way... I'd prefer to be able to set it to 5 or 6. Note, however, that there is a setting in the assistant that allows you to override this for a list of users. So, if I get an email/message from a buyer who asks for extra time, I can handle that separately.

Anyway, from what I've read and experienced, there is absolutely no negative aspect to your buyer account if you have a unpaid item case opened against you. Your account is only "dinged" if you don't pay within four days after the case is opened. Essentially, every buyer can wait at least eight days to pay without penalty. In my experience most buyers pay within 48 hours of auction close, and of those where an unpaid item case is opened generally pay within 24 hours after that.

As a seller I like to get items shipped closely to auction end as possible, especially this time of year. Some may be waiting for items to be given as gifts, but I also don't want to have to carry my inventory with me as I travel for the holidays. Regardless when the buyer pays, eBay policy states that I have to ship within three (calendar) days.

As Andrew pointed out earlier, communication is the key.

-erick
Old 12-19-2011, 11:56 AM
Barry Sloate

David- hope you are feeling better. I've had two stays in the hospital this year, and it sucks.

As to the original question, five days wouldn't be very long to pay an auction house, but on ebay that's kind of a long time, since the majority of people paypal within the first few hours. While the seller was impatient and shouldn't have hit you with a nonpayment, I think you had an obligation to check and see if you won, and then emailed to let him know that it might take a little longer for you to pay. Both sides didn't handle this perfectly.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:11 PM
MikeHealer

Quote:
Originally Posted by vintagetoppsguy View Post
It's not always that easy. I went into the hospital early last week for an emergency appendectomy and was there for several days. I was discharged Saturday afternoon and now I'm at home this week resting and recuperating. In the meantime, an eBay seller filed a NPB on me while I was in the hospital because I had not paid for a card (which was no fault of my own). You can bet he'll get a negative from me once I get the card.
I'm not sure how the seller was supposed to know how you were in the hospital, unless you let him know. I don't know how this merits a negative feedback if the transaction is completed successfully, but then again I've never left a negative.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:20 PM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikehealer View Post
I'm not sure how the seller was supposed to know how you were in the hospital, unless you let him know. I don't know how this merits a negative feedback if the transaction is completed successfully, but then again I've never left a negative.
exactly what i was about to type!

p.s. David, sorry to hear about the emergency and hope all is well w/you!!

Last edited by tiger8mush; 12-19-2011 at 12:26 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:30 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

I guess this guy was not around in the days of sending checks and mo for items now everybody thinks they should get paid right away. Back in those days things took time. Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 12:41 PM
Ken McMillan

Personally, I pay for purchases a few minutes after auction ends. Why create the drama for a seller? Also, sellers seem to ship faster if you pay fast. More than a day to pay is rediculous!!! But that's me. Don't bid on an item if you can't afford to pay for it immediately. Cards are a luxury, not a necessity.

Kmac

Last edited by kmac32; 12-19-2011 at 12:43 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 12:53 PM
€r!©k §µmmær$

Default I'm still attempting to take the high road

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigb13 View Post
I guess this guy was not around in the days of sending checks and mo for items now everybody thinks they should get paid right away. Back in those days things took time. Rob
I've been on eBay since '97. I've sold nearly 800 T206s on eBay and the BST this year. I've waited for money orders. I've held cards for guys for multiple weeks until they had funds to purchase. I've sent cards to guys BEFORE they've sent me payment. Ask around...

You've made your payment today; I'll send the card in the morning.

-erick
Old 12-19-2011, 12:57 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

You know Ken nobody ever said it was a point of not having the money so why don't you go back and read it again. And thats real nice of you to pay right away way to go for you. Who the hell are you to assume that I could not pay for the item? Rob

Last edited by Bigb13; 12-19-2011 at 01:01 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:00 PM
Dave

I'm pretty patient both ways.

The less you stress the easier life is. I've held stuff for guys for weeks sometimes. Eventually just about everybody pays. I've had perhaps one or two non-payers in the last year.

I usually send a second invoice after about 7-10 days, followed by a non-paying notice a few days after that, which usually does the trick and gets you paid.

I don't have any automatic settings (that I know of). I'd rather keep that sort of communication out of Ebays unforgiving hands.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:04 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

It is smart to keep it out of Ebays hands see what happens? Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 01:08 PM
Dave

Just remember though, a NPB notice has zero effect on a buyer unless enough time has elapsed for it to be closed out.
Old 12-19-2011, 01:10 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Default Personally

Personally I think the buyer and seller should just drop it. The seller said it was an automated response and I think the buyer should just leave it at that. No doubt the card will be shipped and received. There has been no harm done. That's just me though...the older I get the more lenient I get....
Old 12-19-2011, 01:12 PM
Joe M.

If I win something on ebay, I pay right away. In my selling auctions I state payment within 7 days. If someone can't pay in that time period they usually send me an email. If I don't get any notification at the 7 day point I send them a note as follows:

"I would like to close out this auction, I have not received payment"

Like anything, communication usually helps and problems are averted.

Joe

Collecting Detroit 19th Century N172, N173, N175.
N172 Detroit. Getzein, McGlone, Rooks, Wheelock, Gillligan, Kid Baldwin Error, Lady Baldwin, Conway, Deacon White

Positive transactions with Joe G, Jay Miller, CTANK80, BIGFISH, MGHPRO, k. DIXON, LEON, INSIDETHEWRAPPER, GOCUBSGO32, Steve Suckow, RAINIER2004, Ben Yourg, GNAZ01, yanksrnice09, cmiz5290, Kris Sweckard (Kris19),Angyal, Chuck Tapia,Belfast1933,bcbgcbrcb,fusorcruiser, tsp06, cobbcobb13
Old 12-19-2011, 01:22 PM
Ken McMillan

Rob, the comment was a general statement not necessarily referring to you. I have no idea what your financial condition is nor do I care!!! There are quite a few people in the world who do live hand to mouth so it was more directed at the I want it now and will pay for it later types. Don't be so sensitive!!!
Old 12-19-2011, 01:24 PM
Rob.ert Bal.ke

At least you give 7 days. Rob
Old 12-19-2011, 02:08 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
The only way you should leave him a negative is if you informed him that you were in the hospital and would pay when you got out and he still filed the NPB...if you're going to leave a negative for the seller even though he wasn't informed then I'd like your ebay ID so I can make sure to block you.
Old 12-19-2011, 02:42 PM
Zach

When I have sold on ebay, I always indicate in the listing that I expect payment or at least communication 5 days after the auction ends. I then do not bother my buyers until the 4th day then I leave a very polite courtesy reminder that payment is due the following day. Then on the 5th day I leave another message saying I need payment but very politely. Then on the 6th day (I have never gone further than that) I leave a message in the morning a little firmer, then later that night I give second chance offer to the lower bidder. If they pay on the 6th day right before I offer it to someone else, in the feedback I mark it positive but I say nothing about speedy payment, I simply say "paid" or "ok."

If I buy an item, I inform the seller in advance before I hit that "make a offer" "buy it now" button or bid if I can't pay within 3 days then I tell them how much time I need. If I do not pay 1 or two days after the auction ends and as long as it ends on a friday or saturday I just wait til I have the money within 2-3 days later, since they can't ship anyway, but I will always answer questions.
Old 12-19-2011, 03:38 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
The only way you should leave him a negative is if you informed him that you were in the hospital and would pay when you got out and he still filed the NPB...if you're going to leave a negative for the seller even though he wasn't informed then I'd like your ebay ID so I can make sure to block you.
Dan,

He is vintagetoppsguy on ebay. I blocked him this AM. Sorry for his health issues but to expect a seller to know via ESP of his situation is pathetic. Hard enough being a seller on eBay. I like to be proactive in avoiding problems on ebay.

Greg
Old 12-19-2011, 04:02 PM
Johnny S

Net54 cagematch at the National this summer ??
Old 12-19-2011, 04:29 PM

/

Last edited by howard38; 09-10-2020 at 02:54 PM.
Old 12-19-2011, 06:11 PM
Greg Schwartz
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by ChiefBenderForever View Post
Net54 cagematch at the National this summer ??
And to think I was not planning on attending.
Old 12-19-2011, 08:11 PM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
Dan/Greg,

As Andrew said a couple of posts after mine, it's all about communication. The seller chose not to communicate with me and I couldn't communicate with him. There's a difference.

The seller could have attempted communication although I couldn't have responded anyway. At that point, he would have had the right to file the NPB. I would have just chalked it up as a misunderstanding. However, he didn't try to initiate communication, instead he filed an NPB as soon as he could. Sorry if the two of you just don't get that.

Oh, and one more thing guys. From the seller's own auction: "Payment is through PayPal only and due within 24 hours of the auction's end." You want to rip me for leaving a negative for this seller, let's hear you defend the seller's payment expectations.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:45 PM
Pete Sycks

To be honest I put "payment due within 24 hours after completion of auction". It's not crazy to ask people to pay for their winnings in a timely manner. If you don't put anything about a payment timeline people will pay 2 weeks down the road. If you light a fire under people they'll pay quick and since putting that on my listings everyone has paid within 24 hours.
Old 12-19-2011, 09:52 PM
Marc

I believe that a NPB notice IS a form of communication. As has been noted, there is no negative strike against a bidder when this is filed and the bidder does have an additional four days to complete payment. The bidder receives a notice stating that payment has not been received and encouraging that payment to be completed or further communication to be initiated with the seller.

I generally wait 5-7 days before filing one (unless there has been prior communication as to a legitimate delay) and, honestly, I feel that this is being more than patient. If a person is actively bidding on online auctions, there should be VERY few legitimate circumstances in which they truly can't complete a Paypal payment within 8-10 days. I have purchased hundreds of items on eBay and never once have taken more than 1-2 days to complete a payment. I mean, it takes literally 30 seconds.

Obviously there will be the rare situation, like a hospitalization, where this genuinely is the case...but in all fairness, this would account for a tiny fraction of these scenarios so it would seem extremely unreasonable to expect a seller to anticipate this or to hold it against them when they file a NPB as a normal course of business.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM

Default Standard Time

I believe the standard time for payment on Ebay is usually three days. As a former seller on Ebay, I would send a "payment reminder" before issuing a complaint as that usually pisses people off and sometimes rightly so. But only after the third day had passed.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:01 PM
T0NY @

Quote:
Originally Posted by marcdelpercio View Post
I believe that a NPB notice IS a form of communication. As has been noted, there is no negative strike against a bidder when this is filed and the bidder does have an additional four days to complete payment. The bidder receives a notice stating that payment has not been received and encouraging that payment to be completed or further communication to be initiated with the seller.
Exactly, which is why in my opinion a negative should not be left by the buyer. No harm was made by the seller by sending this notice.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:03 PM
tony

I took some psa cards wrapped ready to go to the post office one sunday to get a quote on shipping. E-bay had sent an invoice for $25 shipping as the buyer bought 5 lots. I didn't know what it was going to cost the buyer and as I hate overcharging on postage I could not be fairer than this.
It was quoted at $8.62 so with the exchange rate and the bubble mailer I thought 9 bucks would be fair. To save another trip to the post office I mailed it then and there, the buyer had 100% feedback so I wasn't worried.
I came home resent the invoice with $9 shipping. Monday I get an e-mail requesting a shipping quote. I resend the invoice with $9 shipping.
It gets to Thursday and not paypal payment, I sent a very polite e-mail asking if he got my invoice? 1 hour later he pays me,the next day the cards drop through his mailbox. He is over the moon and leaves me glowing feedback 5 times.
So I waited a few days and we were both happy. I usually state on my auctions that could the buyer please pay within 7 days of invoice, most people have been pretty good.
Old 12-19-2011, 10:06 PM
Rhett Yeakley

Quote:
Dan/Greg,

As Andrew said a couple of posts after mine, it's all about communication. The seller chose not to communicate with me and I couldn't communicate with him. There's a difference.

The seller could have attempted communication although I couldn't have responded anyway. At that point, he would have had the right to file the NPB. I would have just chalked it up as a misunderstanding. However, he didn't try to initiate communication, instead he filed an NPB as soon as he could. Sorry if the two of you just don't get that.

Oh, and one more thing guys. From the seller's own auction: "Payment is through PayPal only and due within 24 hours of the auction's end." You want to rip me for leaving a negative for this seller, let's hear you defend the seller's payment expectations.
Sorry, you are absolutely wrong on this. Filing the NPB IS A FORM OF CONTACTING YOU! It isn't an immediate strike against you as you still have time to pay for the item, and if you pay POOF! the NPB that was opened gets closed and there is no more record of it. Just pay the man the money you owe him (which is what you agreed to do when you bid) and move on with your life. I'm sorry you had the medical problems but being a d-bag to a seller that did absolutely NOTHING wrong is just plain mean! Those of you that haven't sold on ebay much do not understand how slanted everything is towards the buyers, it's absolutely comical! For example, how a buyer can leave a low DSR on "shipping costs" which is spelled out directly in the listing is crazy! The sellers that leave a "false positive" feedback only to ding you on the DSR's (and potentially cost the seller a few hundred bucks a month by not qualifying for the 20% discount in fees) are the most annoying people on the planet... they are like the "friends" that are nice to your face but say crap behind your back. Ebay is madness and this situation with David may be one of the single worst examples of "Buyer Bullying" I have heard about. Grow up...move on...and funnel the energy to a cause that is worthwhile.

I sell quite a bit on ebay and I am very patient with buyers. I usually do not initiate a NPB notice until the 10th day that the item has not been paid for at the earliest, I personally would not have initiated that on the 4th or 5th day but that is up the the seller as they are totally within their rights to do so. I do not do ebay to make a living, I do it merely as a well paying hobby that allows me to free up money to buy things I like better than what I already have (and I don't have to clear it with the Mrs. ). That fact probably allows me to be more flexible than most as I'm not running a business based on turn-over or cash flow.

Happy Holidays to all
-Rhett

ebay store: kryvintage-->https://www.ebay.com/sch/kryvintage/...p2047675.l2562
Old 12-20-2011, 05:47 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
David, (i ask this nicely) if you don't like the sellers payment terms, then why bid in his auction? And he waited till the 4th day before filing a NPB claim even though he states 1 day in his payment terms, so it seems he was being pretty lenient
Old 12-20-2011, 06:28 AM
Bruce C@rter

When you bid on an item you are agreeing to the sellers terms. If you dont like them DON'T BID.
Old 12-20-2011, 06:59 AM
Andrew

Just so I can clarify, when I referred to communication being the key, I was talking about the buyer communicating with the seller if he can not make the payment within the time that was requested.

Andrew
Old 12-20-2011, 07:25 AM
Johnny S

I don't agree that npb is a form of communication, or if it is it is a threat like a bill collector and that is how it comes accross. I forgot to pay for an $8 dollar item seller filed npb so I paid immediately, for the next three months I got emails every few days asking me to please pay for my item so it can have a negative impact. When selling I wait atleast 5 days to a week and then send an email asking buyer if they still want the item, then depending on the amount of item wait another few days to a week and ask again. If no response let them know if I don't hear from them will need to file npd so I don't get stuck with the fees. I have waited two months to get paid, sometimes longer. 90% pay fairly quickly and 9% end up paying sometime and 1% never hear from again. I understand the frustration on both sides but everyone is different. As long as no fraud or theft is taking place it shouldn't be the end of the world.
Old 12-20-2011, 07:28 AM
Pete
Pet.er ian.nic.elli

Quote:
Originally Posted by dog*dirt View Post
Just so I can clarify, when I referred to communication being the key, I was talking about the buyer communicating with the seller if he can not make the payment within the time that was requested.

Andrew
100% agree with you Andrew.

BTW, what happened to Christmas (holiday) spirit!

As far as I'm concerned, if a seller doesn't here from a buyer, they should file a NPB. It's just to protect their tail. For every person that has a legit reason not to pay, there is an actualy person out there purposely ruining business.

Again, people have unexpected emergencies (appendix, ouch!), and in that instance something should be worked out when the person is healthy enough to communicate with the seller. If that happened to me, the last thing on my mind is making a paypal payment for a card. I'm worrying about more important stuff!

Hope everyone gets everything resolved.

W600 Cobb and Wagner
Sporting News/Collins McCarthy Jackson
Seamless Cobb rookie
Low Grade Ruth rookie

Cards:

https://www.flickr.com/photos/189414509@N08/albums
Old 12-20-2011, 08:06 AM
D@v!d J@m3s
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhettyeakley View Post
Sorry, you are absolutely wrong on this. Filing the NPB IS A FORM OF CONTACTING YOU!
Sorry, but the NPB is no more a form of communication than an INR. In other words, I wouldn't just file an INR w/o contacting the seller first. Likewise, the seller souldn't file a NPB w/o contacting the buyer first. Communication is for BOTH parties. But if you still think that way then that is your opinion and you're certainly entitled to it.

Rob, to answer your question, I didn't say that I didn't like the seller's terms, I'm just saying they're unreasonable although I would have complied had I been able.