NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 06-22-2016, 10:00 PM
Sal Bitonti

Default What would you do - Mike Trout?!

So im the proud owner of an Mike Trout 2009 BC X-fractor RC Auto /225 BGS 9.5/10. Now I know his cards are still highly sought after, and some are very costly. That being said, he is on a bad Angels team, and I don't know if his cards will go up anymore. Im really contemplating trying to trade for 1-2 nice comparable vintage cards. I know the card I have is really rare. What would you do?? Also if you are interested in the card, and have some nice stuff you would part with, please hit me up

Current deals:
Old 06-23-2016, 06:27 AM
Rich Klein

You answered your own question, while Mr. Trout appears to be the real deal now and in the future, we won't know the answer for a few years

Take your profit and go into Vintage
Old 06-23-2016, 07:56 AM

This will become a staple card but I don't know how much more room it really has to grow since it's already at an absurd price point and he's barely into his career.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:38 AM
Peter Spaeth

His power seems to have fallen off so far this year, OPS down 60 points. Who knows, you can never be sure with young players.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:54 AM
₳₦ĐɎ ₦ɆɄ฿ɆⱤ₮

Quote:
Originally Posted by djsatu View Post
...What would you do?? Also if you are interested in the card, and have some nice stuff you would part with, please hit me up

What would I do? I would post this in the BST.
Old 06-23-2016, 02:10 PM
Ne@l K

what do these go for?

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 06-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Bill Gregory

Quote:
Originally Posted by Neal View Post
what do these go for?
Last couple that have sold brought in about $3,700.00.

I'm constantly debating what I want to do with my Trout. It's just a base chrome auto; I'd need to get it graded, of course, but it should being a 9 at the very least, maybe a 9.5 if the surface gets a 9 grade. That would bring in $1,200 +.

Great transactions with: piedmont150, Cardboard Junkie, z28jd, t206blogcom, tinkertoeverstochance, trobba, Texxxx, marcdelpercio, t206hound, zachs, tolstoi, IronHorse 2130, AndyG09, BBT206, jtschantz, lug-nut, leaflover, Abravefan11, mpemulis, btcarfagno, BlueSky, and Frankbmd.
Old 06-23-2016, 09:08 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by the 'stache View Post
Last couple that have sold brought in about $3,700.00.

I'm constantly debating what I want to do with my Trout. It's just a base chrome auto; I'd need to get it graded, of course, but it should being a 9 at the very least, maybe a 9.5 if the surface gets a 9 grade. That would bring in $1,200 +.
Get rid of the damn shiny thing LOL.
Old 06-24-2016, 01:19 PM
Nick Barnes

sell it fast and buy yourself some fancy vintage cards you will love, cherish and have more of a sure return on investment.
Old 07-05-2016, 08:43 AM
Daryl

You need to consign that shininess to one of the two big eBay sellers as fast as humanly possible.
Old 07-05-2016, 11:21 AM
Ne@l K

That is one of a small handful of modern cards that I would like to own. That said, would I rather have that or, among others, a 33 Goudey Ruth in VG range, a NM Mantle or two, or an Aaron RC ..... the question to ask yourself may get easier.

There is no right or wrong answer, but maybe selling the Trout now and restocking a few years from now may be a solution. I think the gamble would lean in your favor.

In any event, good luck with your decision and the cards that may become part of your colllection

Successful transactions with Peter Spaeth, Phil Garry, Don Hontz, JStottlemire, maj78, bcbgcbrcb, secondhandwatches, esehobmbre, Leon, Jetsfan, Brian Van Horn, Brian Dwyer, MGHPro, DeanH, canofcorn, Zigger Zagger, conor912, RayBShotz, Jay Wolt, AConte, Halbig Vintage and many others
Old 07-05-2016, 12:18 PM

Does the 2001 Bowman Pujols auto still go for huge cash? I don't see any recently sold on eBay. I'd use that card as the barometer. If it's still a $1,000 card I guess that would mean it neither went up or down in 15 years.
Old 07-06-2016, 06:28 AM
Rich Klein

It may expensive and an iconic card but I don't think the interest is what it was when Pujols was the best player in the game.

I think you would have a difficult time selling the card for full BV at this time

Rich
Old 07-06-2016, 09:25 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

If you aren't into it for real money and you like it, why not ride it out? I pulled this Jeter card from a pack and I am pleased that I kept it; when I think about a Jeter card to own, I realize I am done:

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...