NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 04-08-2017, 02:18 PM
Joe W.
J0seph Wi.er

Default Paypal Friends & Family

I got burned using it.

We all know we roll the dice when we use paypal f&f but if you're like me you give people the benefit of the doubt. I negotiated a price down with Canadian ebay user ballyard1-com for an unopened wax box of 91 OPC mainly because I needed the box bottom panel but I thought it would be a neat bonus to pull a mint Chipper rookie or 2. He agreed to the lower price as long as I paid direct through paypal f&f. Since I'm used to dealing with stand up collectors on this board and use paypal f&f frequently here I didn't give it a second thought. When the box arrived it felt a little light in weight so I did something I never do and recorded myself opening it. I was bummed to find that all but 4 packs had been opened and searched. All were missing the stick of gum except the same four packs. I contacted the seller and sent him the video I had recorded and asked for a full refund. He refused. I told him I would eat the return shipping cost and he said he wouldn't accept the return because he wouldn't know for sure if I hadn't gone through the packs myself. This angered me because now I felt he was pointing the finger back at me so I responded out of character sent him a not so nice response. He never replied but refunded me $20 through paypal which doesn't make the whole experience okay but at least takes a bit of the sting away.

Anyways, if someone request f&f just ask what the additional cost would be for goods and services that way as a seller their fee is covered and as a buyer you're protected if you aren't happy with what's delivered, especially if the purchase is over an amount that you consider "a lot".

Lesson learned...again.

Last edited by 4reals; 04-08-2017 at 02:19 PM.
Old 04-08-2017, 02:30 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

The additional fee will be 3%. Just send them payment in that and add your 3% and they'll get the same amount. Nice that he at least gave you a partial refund, and you got the box bottom you wanted.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 04-08-2017, 05:59 PM
T!.m H.
Tim Hu,nt

Smile

Just used it myself for the first time after learning about F&F here. Was a deal off of Craiglist no less... Had some reservations but the gentlemen had texted me from his phone several times and even offered to list them on ebay so I could pay that way.. He wasn't concerned about the fees so that seemed legit to me so I paid him, texted him that I did and received items today... Basically 1 day turnaround... I guess if you have a good vibe from seller should turn out ok...
Old 04-09-2017, 06:26 AM
D@le Irv*n

The only time I have paid F&F is on this site. Personally, I would find it odd and somewhat suspect, if a seller on e-Bay I didn't know was requesting to be paid F&F.

Appreciate you identifying the seller as well.

Thanks.
Old 04-15-2017, 10:49 AM
Jeff

He neither sounds like Friend or Family, sometimes when things are used other than the way they are intended to be used there are unintended consequences. If the seller wants his money through PP insist he pays the fees or decide if you want the item bad enough and the price is good enough to eat the 3%.

HOF Type Collector + Philly A's, E/M/W cards, M101-6, Exhibits, Postcards, 30's Premiums & HOF Photos

"Assembling an unfocused collection for nearly 50 years."