NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 07-26-2012, 06:32 PM
Giovanni N.

Default Dan Lynch (Down to 2 Autos for my 1946 to present collection)

Picked up this 1948 Team Signed Chicago Cubs baseball with a Danny "Dummy" Lynch auto on it. Lynch played a few games for the Cubs and died at a young age in a car accident. Lynch worked as an attorney after baseball, so it is kinda strange that it is so hard to find his autographs. This is only 3rd one I have seen. I now only need 1949 - 1950 St. Louis Browns Ed Albrecht and 1955 Washington Senators Wence Gonzalez to complete my 1946 to present debut MLB players collection. Any help with these last 2 is appreciated.

Update - Just picked up Albrecht and Gonzalez. WOW
Attached Images
File Type: jpg lynch, dan (1948)1.jpg (16.8 KB, 143 views)

Last edited by stat192; 07-27-2012 at 07:19 AM.
Old 07-26-2012, 06:41 PM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Great pickup! Best of luck with the Wence and Albrecht...two pretty tough signatures!!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 07-27-2012, 04:53 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Is it now up to 3 with Matt Harvey's performance last night? It's sure nice to see a good crop of kids coming up and playing well.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:18 AM
Giovanni N.

Actually already have Harvey Thats what makes this so challenging that each day there is some one new who debuts.

But I have some incredible news. I just worked out a deal to purchase Albrecht and Gonzalez. I now have every single player who has debuted in Major League Baseball from 1946 to present. It has taken me about 13 years and have made some amazing people in this hobby and learned so much about the history of baseball.

Thank you to all those who have helped me over the years.
Old 07-27-2012, 07:36 AM
James Graham
James Gra.ham

Quote:
Originally Posted by stat192 View Post
Actually already have Harvey Thats what makes this so challenging that each day there is some one new who debuts.

But I have some incredible news. I just worked out a deal to purchase Albrecht and Gonzalez. I now have every single player who has debuted in Major League Baseball from 1946 to present. It has taken me about 13 years and have made some amazing people in this hobby and learned so much about the history of baseball.

Thank you to all those who have helped me over the years.
Honestly,

That is a feat of legendary proportions. Well done sir!
"What I have done after my baseball career -- being able to help people with their lives and getting their lives back on track so they become productive human beings again -- that means more to me than all the things I did in baseball" - Don Newcombe

https://www.collectorfocus.com/collection/jgmp123
Old 07-27-2012, 08:36 AM
Mike Rich@rds0n

Very cool. This is one great and never ending project. Best of luck keeping up with all the new players that will be coming up.
Old 07-27-2012, 10:59 AM
Wayne Walker

How many autos are in this amazing collection? And how much are you scrambling each September when teams expand their rosters?

http://s236.photobucket.com/albums/f...NFT/?start=all
Old 07-27-2012, 11:45 AM
M@rk V3l@rd3

First Off. Congrats and Holy Schnikees!

I have a couple of questions for you.
Why 1946? Is it your birth year?
How do you handle doubles created by multisigned items? For instance, if you bought a 1961 Yankees ball in order to get, say, Duke Maas, would you then sell the other Mantle/Ford/Skowron/etc items to raise funds for the next item.
What's next? 1945, 1944, 1943, etc.?

Other interests/sets/collectibles.
https://www.flickr.com/photos/96571220@N08/albums

My for sale or trade photobucket album
https://flic.kr/s/aHsk7c1SRL
Old 07-27-2012, 12:33 PM
Giovanni N.

Smile

In response to some of the questions I have been asked, there are 9955 players who debuted between 1946 and 2011.

With regards to new players, I look at http://espn.go.com/mlb/debuts everday to see what players made there major league debut. I then look through my minor league autographs to see if I have them. If I dont I write to the player in care of the team. I usually wait about a month for them to respond and if not I buy the autograph. For instance last night 3 players debuted, I have Matt harvey and Starling Marte, but need Jim Henderson, so I will write to him this weekend. So technical it will never be complete.

Why did I start with 1946? Well around 2000 I started writing to players. I had purchased a debut list from Jack Smalling, which has what players debuted every year. Every time I would get a player back, I would mark him off my list. Over time, I realized more players were alive from 1946 on so thats what I concentrated on. At one time or another, I have written to every living player.

With regards to multi signed items, I prefer single signed. The majority of my collection is single signed, but with the last 10 autos it has been very hard to find on single signed, so I have started buying them on anything I could find. I have 4 autos on team signed balls, and I believe 3 on album pages, the rest are all single signed. If I was able to find single signed items of that player, I would sell the multi signed.

Whats next? I am presently working on a signed 1969 Topps set which I need 36 completely signed cards for. I have begun purchasing autos of the 1940 to 1945 debut players so I am sure I will concentrate on that more as well.

There are just so many things out there to collect, but only so much money to spend : )

Last edited by stat192; 07-27-2012 at 07:28 PM.
Old 07-27-2012, 01:45 PM

Default JimStinson

Andy Varga from 1950 is a bit on the tough side too
Old 07-27-2012, 01:50 PM
Giovanni N.

I have Andy Vargas actual signed social security card