NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 07-05-2009, 03:04 PM
Mike

Default Vintage Pennant Price Guide Completed

Hi All, After 8 months I just wanted to let everyone know I have finally completed the project (at least the 1st edition). It was a learning experience for sure. I would especially like to thank Mark (perezfan) for all your help in pricing and all your emails and also everybody else who emailed pictures. There are over 1,200 pennant photos, prices, and rarity of pennants dating from 1910's-1970's. All the vintage teams are covered including the Brooklyn Dodgers (close to 60 different pennants), Negro Leagues, Boston Braves, Milwaukee Braves, Yankees (almost 90 different), etc. There is an All-Star Game section dating to 1941, and a complete football section. It is 210 pages and the cost is 18.99. They should be ready to ship around the last week of July. If you would like to order a copy (it does not need to paid for at this time) you can email me and I will hold a copy for you and notify you when they are ready to be shipped. Thanks again, Mike (gemini147@juno.com)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg frontbookcoverthiswillwork.jpg (50.8 KB, 306 views)
Old 07-05-2009, 03:25 PM
Mike H.

Great work Mike. I'll bet dollars to donuts there will be a rise in pennant prices as a result of this long over due book. It seems that whenever a niche is cataloged, collectors dive in. There are so many exceedingly rare pennants and they have a look and feel that is unmatched in the vintage sports world (IMO). It is difficult to think of a piece of memorabilia with a greater association with the game of baseball (who will win the pennant?!?!).
Old 07-05-2009, 04:19 PM
Mike

It was fun to do. I have already found more that are not included. Not sure if something like this can ever be "complete". One has to just keep adding each time. I can remember going to Shea Stadium as a kid and that was the one thing I always got as a souvenir. Mike
Old 07-05-2009, 04:46 PM

Default Pennant Guide

Mike,

Looks like a great book. I'd like to buy one - I'll send you an email also.
-Andy
Old 07-05-2009, 07:22 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

E-Mail sent...please add me to the list.

Jeff
Old 07-05-2009, 10:15 PM
Jeff

Default looks fantastic

Email sent. Would like one also. Thanks for all the hard work. Excited to see it!
Old 07-06-2009, 04:23 AM

Default Thank you

Email Sent. I am thrilled to see a source book like this in the hobby. Thank you for putting this together!
Old 07-06-2009, 05:13 AM

Default Pennant Book

Email sent as well, I can't wait to get a copy. Looks great.
Old 07-06-2009, 10:58 AM

I'm in for a copy as well!!
Looks terrific!!

thanks

Phil
Old 07-06-2009, 11:41 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

Mike, you are probably correct that a book like this may never be fully complete. There are just so many variations out there, and when you think you've seen 'em all, another inevitably turns up.

But the time and effort you put into this will pay huge dividends, and will help both collectors and dealers immensely. This will serve as a great resource to anyone who collects vintage pennants (or is interested in getting started).

It will generate new interest, and besides serving as a price/rarity guide, it will provide exposure for many pennants the general public has never seen before. This all-encompassing Guide will show off the amazing and intricate artistry of pennants from the early 20th Century as well as all teams' logo/design changes throughout the years.

A guide like this was long overdue, and many congrats to you for finally getting it out there. To Mike H's point earlier, this book will serve to catalogue the quintessential baseball souvenir... the pennant!
Old 07-06-2009, 07:29 PM
Mike

I think it will be easier to add more pennants and build on to what I have now as there is something to go by. I am already going to start gathering more images as they come available and will do some other categories and hopefully update it at some point if all goes well. Thanks for the many emails. Mike
Old 07-09-2009, 08:26 AM
Mike

Just out of curiosity does anybody have a complete set or close to it of 1916 (BF2) Ferguson Bakery Felt Pennants. Thanks
Old 07-09-2009, 08:52 AM
Greg T.

Mike,
The cover looks real smart. Nice to see the 1912 Sox pennant there!

Just out of curiosity, is the book all in color? Look forward to getting a copy.

Greg
Old 07-09-2009, 10:08 AM
Mike

Hi, I wish it was all color but it would it would be just to expensive to do that. Just the front and back cover. Thanks, Mike
Old 07-11-2009, 06:22 AM
Greg T.

I'm sure the book will still be great, Mike, but am bummed that it's going to be in black and white. Pennants are all about the color and there are so many beautiful color combinations out there. The pre-war pennants, like those that Mike H. and Mark have graciously shown on this forum, always remind me of painted works of art. That Detroit pennant Mike has is just killer.

We got lucky when we did our book on Breweriana. The publisher funded the whole thing, did all the photography, and made it in color from front to back. The cover price on our book (not that any of the authors made any money on it, it was more just a labor of love) was about ten dollars more than what you have on yours.

How did you establish the values assigned to the pennants?
I know the values we assigned in our book were obsolute before it even got out of the printer's office.

Look forward to getting my copy.

Greg
Old 07-11-2009, 01:32 PM

Default bf2 pennants

Hi Mike, You were asking if anyone had a complete set of BF2s. I completed a set about five years ago and still have it. To view a complete set, go to Old Cardboard. jim sexton
Old 07-11-2009, 03:07 PM
Mike H.

I would gladly pay double or more for a color copy, but will greatly appreciate this book regardless.
Old 07-11-2009, 03:26 PM
Mike

Default Vintage Pennant Price Guide

Hi Greg, When I first checked into it, the price for all color interior was crazy and I figured it would be a very select few that would be willing to spend that much. I had emailed with Mark about that very subject. That was the main reason for going B/W. You found a very nice publisher to do all that for you. The prices came from a variety of areas including past auction results (Hunt, REA), asking/sold prices from web sites, Ebay results and Mark helped with many too. Mike
Jim, Thanks for the site.