NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-20-2011, 08:51 AM
Paul

Default Sterling Sports Auctions Winnings

Anybody get anything last night? I came away with this lovely E92 Jennings Dockman. The best thing was being able to pay by PayPal this morning, and within a few minutes I already had a tracking number for my card. Super transaction from the man with the customer-service know-how!

www.instagram.com/signedT206/
@SignedT206

Last edited by T206Collector; 05-20-2011 at 08:52 AM.
Old 05-20-2011, 09:15 AM
Rob Miller

Great auction, came up short on a few but picked up a couple of upgrades:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 1272319067F_med.jpg (35.8 KB, 495 views)
File Type: jpg 8181280028F_med.jpg (37.6 KB, 495 views)
Old 05-20-2011, 09:40 AM
Brian T.

I didn't win anything in it, but was a consignor. This seems like as good a place to say it as any. Brian Dwyer was great from start to finish. He even re-scanned something for me. First class all the way!

Outstanding inaugural effort, imo. Nice job, Brian!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:43 AM
Jeff Emerson

Default Perez-Steele Postcards Complete Set Series 1-15

I was able to nab this one.

Old 05-20-2011, 10:48 AM
Dan Studebaker

I am an extremely happy consignor. I was disappointed that a private deal didn't go through on two cards for $585. I sent them to Brian and they brought $777!
Old 05-20-2011, 10:57 AM

I picked up a nice trio of Tattoo Orbit SGC graded commons for fair prices.
Old 05-20-2011, 10:59 AM
Phil Garry

I was happy with my consignment results as well, good job, Brian!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:03 AM

Are these auctions going to be monthly?

James
Old 05-20-2011, 11:05 AM
Robert Williams

I won some cards I wanted. Missed on a SWEET 1964 Phladelphia Jim Brown that DID NOT look (OC)......I liked the auction however. The main thing I liked about it was the MIX!! Brian seemed to have a little bit of EVERYTHING (Pre, Post, Non-Sport, etc).....
Old 05-20-2011, 11:28 AM
Rob Miller

Quote:
Originally Posted by bobbyw8469 View Post
I won some cards I wanted. Missed on a SWEET 1964 Phladelphia Jim Brown that DID NOT look (OC)......I liked the auction however. The main thing I liked about it was the MIX!! Brian seemed to have a little bit of EVERYTHING (Pre, Post, Non-Sport, etc).....
I had my eye on the Brown as well. And I agree there was something to be had for almost everyone, with low minimum bids!
Old 05-20-2011, 12:06 PM

Congrats to Brian (and consignors) on a nice auction! I especially commend Brian for accepting Paypal for the convenience of bidders.

I was interested in a small number of lots, but did not place the winning bid on any, as I felt the prices went too high. The lots I watched all went at or above VCP for lower-to-mid grade cards that were not too tough.

If that was the trend for the whole auction (I don't know), then I can understand why the consignors all seem happy today .

Cheers,
Blair
Old 05-20-2011, 01:08 PM

I was outbid on the Brown card and with Mile High ending also, forgot to get back on it I did win one card, although not pre-war:
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F07063463_med.jpg (42.2 KB, 367 views)
Old 05-20-2011, 02:04 PM
Joe Drouillard

Default Bid on three got 1

Picked up the Collins T206, SGC40 for $80.00 including buyer premium and delivery. Decent price for a HOFer. No big deal, but I'm happy to send some business Brian's way. He is first class all the way.

I am curious to know what everyone thought of the hammer price on the 52 Topps Mantle Rookie card? I don't do enough business to warrant a subscription to Vintage Card Pricer anymore, so I'm out of touch with prices. It seemed like a good deal to me.

Best regards,

Joe
Old 05-20-2011, 02:25 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

Looks like I was the lucky winner on the 64 Philly Jim Brown, a sharp card I didnt want to pass up. I also won a nice T209-2. Congrats Brian on a super first auction!!!

Old 05-20-2011, 02:28 PM
David M.

Does someone have the link to Sterling Sports Auctions? I didn't see it in the auction links at the top of the page.
Old 05-20-2011, 02:29 PM
Dan Paradis

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post
Anybody get anything last night? I came away with this lovely E92 Jennings Dockman. The best thing was being able to pay by PayPal this morning, and within a few minutes I already had a tracking number for my card. Super transaction from the man with the customer-service know-how!
PAYPAL ... finally!! It is mind boggling to me how all auction houses don't offer PayPal as a payment option!! Charge extra for the fees if you'd like, but at least offer it as an option. I hate having to run down the bank and get a cashiers check then go to the post office, etc. Most of the time I'd gladly pay the fees to avoid the hassle. Dan
Old 05-20-2011, 02:56 PM
Johnny S

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanP View Post
PAYPAL ... finally!! It is mind boggling to me how all auction houses don't offer PayPal as a payment option!! Charge extra for the fees if you'd like, but at least offer it as an option. I hate having to run down the bank and get a cashiers check then go to the post office, etc. Most of the time I'd gladly pay the fees to avoid the hassle. Dan
The fees are a tax write off so no need for extra charges. Why don't others do it ? Much tougher to commit tax fraud, hide profits, deposit in different bank accts, just much easier to hide a paper trail and finally no charge back can take place so once it's cashed it is cashed so protects the House so understandable.
I think accepting paypal was a very good move by Brian and gives him a nice little edge, people can put a nice card on plastic if they don't have the funds and also get points/mileage ect. I really enjoyed his first auction and won 4 cards including the 71 Kelloggs Clemente PSA 9 I have always wanted a nice one as the three I have are cracked. Also got the Tattoo Orbit Connie Mack, E91b Eddie Collins, and E95 Devlin. I really wanted the Eddie Grant it was so nice but got a little out of reach so let someone else grab that beauty. Great start for the first auction and looking forward to the next one. Congrats Brian !
Old 05-20-2011, 03:19 PM
Robert Williams

Congrats Scott...I was the direct undebidder on the Brown. I bid it up past whatever the VCP average was, because I thought it was a SUPER card (you know what they say - buy the card, not the flip)....It didn't look too OC to me, so not quite sure about the grade. A very sweet card!
Old 05-20-2011, 03:44 PM
Rob Miller

Congrats Scott, great pickups. Johnny nice pick up on the E91B Collins, I placed a bid on that too as I was looking for an upgrade.

Last edited by Robextend; 05-20-2011 at 03:45 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:05 PM
Justin

[QUOTE=T206Collector;895532]Anybody get anything last night? I came away with this lovely E92 Jennings Dockman. The best thing was being able to pay by PayPal this morning, and within a few minutes I already had a tracking number for my card. Super transaction from the man with the customer-service know-how!

I wanted that Jennings- nice grab! Picked up a 7 Stargell rookie at a fair price, so was happy.

I paid via paypal and haven't received anything (tracking #, confirmation, etc) from Sterling. I did receive an email from Paypal, so I guess that is good enough.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:26 PM
Jeff Emerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmad View Post
I wanted that Jennings- nice grab! Picked up a 7 Stargell rookie at a fair price, so was happy.

I paid via paypal and haven't received anything (tracking #, confirmation, etc) from Sterling. I did receive an email from Paypal, so I guess that is good enough.
How about a lgiving him a little time.
He has 500 + items to mail out.
I am sure Brian will have them out to you in the next day or two.
That and his shipping rates were much more reasonable than any other auction house I have ever won from.
Old 05-20-2011, 04:29 PM
Brian Dwyer

Thanks to all who bid and/or consigned in last night's auction. I think it went very well and there were lots of board members in on the action right until the end.

I'm finding that Paypal is far and away the preferred method of payment. Dozens of payments have already been received, and I've been able to include consignor payout checks with some outgoing auction wins already this afternoon. Win-win for everyone.

All Paypal payments have been acknowledged by now with tracking numbers included in return e-mails and posted to your online account for easy reference. A lot of what was paid for today has already shipped with many more packages ready to go tomorrow. Please don't hesitate to call or e-mail with any questions.

The next auction is just a few weeks away, and I'm looking forward to it already. The consignment deadline is May 31, so please contact me if you're interested in consigning.

Thanks again and congrats to all the winners!

Brian Dwyer
845-849-1276
www.sterlingsportsauctions.com
Old 05-20-2011, 04:38 PM
Justin

Quote:
Originally Posted by Teamsets4u View Post
How about a lgiving him a little time.
He has 500 + items to mail out.
I am sure Brian will have them out to you in the next day or two.
That and his shipping rates were much more reasonable than any other auction house I have ever won from.
How about lay off with the instructions. I can say I don't appreciate the tone. I am smart enough to realize there are several auctions and that generally speaking follow up emails are automated. I wasn't expecting a personal response for the one card I purchased. It was only a statement, not a complaint.

Last edited by Jmad; 05-20-2011 at 04:40 PM.
Old 05-20-2011, 05:18 PM
Jeff Emerson

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmad View Post
How about lay off with the instructions. I can say I don't appreciate the tone. I am smart enough to realize there are several auctions and that generally speaking follow up emails are automated. I wasn't expecting a personal response for the one card I purchased. It was only a statement, not a complaint.
Sorry, did not realize you were so thin skinned about comments you make a public message board.
Old 05-20-2011, 07:05 PM
Brandon Brown

I managed to pick up a couple different T205's. I am super happy with the great customer service, and Brian is a class act!
Old 05-20-2011, 07:21 PM

Default Paying with PayPal

Just a quick note to make it easier for Brian in the future, if you pay with PayPal, there is a link after you have paid that will take you back to www.sterlingauctions.com from PayPal, this will automatically input all of the information about your payment into the system, if you do not click on the link, an email will be sent to Brian and he will have to fill in the data himself. Thanks.

Bob Freedman
CEO, www.SimpleAuctionSite.com
919-824-9501
Old 05-20-2011, 08:50 PM
Chris East

I just bid on a small $ lot, and lost out on it in extended time. Very nicely done auction though. Looking forward to the next one!
Old 05-20-2011, 11:12 PM
Banned

Default Sterling Auction

Quote:
Originally Posted by T206Collector View Post

I got the 55-Williams,Killebrew & Berra
Old 05-21-2011, 02:32 AM
Rich Klein

Default I won a couple of lots

I don't have Pay Pal but I ccn do Bill Pay --- meaning Electronic Payment from my checking account --- Brian -- is that somethng you all can do -- or should I mail a check. Just an idea to help speed up the process on both our ends ---

You can PM or email me if you wish

Rich

Brian already responded -- all good and I sent him back an email with some more details --- nothing bad at all going on -- just an idea for him to use i nthe future

Last edited by Rich Klein; 05-21-2011 at 05:43 AM. Reason: Praise for Brian :)
Old 05-21-2011, 12:46 PM

Finally snagged back a card I traded several years ago for a good cause.

Photobucket
Old 05-22-2011, 06:20 PM
Brian T.

Glad you got the E103 Collins, Pete. Congrats!
Old 05-23-2011, 11:55 AM
Rob Miller

Received the cards I won today. Thanks so much Brian!