NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-30-2012, 03:54 PM

Default I told PSA off.......sort of.

Members, maybe this has happened to you with PSA but it's happened to me to many times now and I'm pissed off, so I sent them a nasty email. I sent them a card to be graded on 8-7, and I paid for the 5 day express service. They entered my order on 8-15 which is pretty quick for them. A 5 day turnaround would have had the card shipped out on 8-22. Here we are on 8-30 and still no results and I'm absolutely tired of this poor customer service. I let them know in my email to them that I will not be renewing my subscription with them and that SGC will be getting all of my business now instead of just most of it. I also told them not to bother sending me some bs form letter. I told tthem a lot of Net54 members feel the same way I do. This was on 8-29 and I'm curious as to how they'll handle this. I did not call their customer service because they are zero help.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:00 PM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonlight Graham View Post
...I'm curious as to how they'll handle this. I did not call their customer service because they are zero help.
Sounds like you answered your own question.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:04 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i'm also waiting on an overdue express order. if you and others leave they might get to my order faster...so win/win for all of us.

p.s. they might send you a grading voucher as a sowwie for upsetting you.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg express.jpg (72.5 KB, 1386 views)

Last edited by chaddurbin; 08-30-2012 at 04:10 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 04:15 PM
Pete Sycks

Same thing happened for me in June. Paid for 5 day service and it even took longer than what you're experiencing. It was actually delivered on June 1st and I received my card back (crossover attempt none the less) on the 29th and paid for a 5 day service. It took them 28 days to look at a card and say "yes or no". After a couple pissy exchanges with them they said my card was "evidence of trimming" even though it was in a SGC 96 holder. It just sucks that they know they get the best prices (for the most part) and don't need good customer service to get customers.
Old 08-30-2012, 05:20 PM

I was extremely frustrated with my one and only PSA submission. They took over 30 business days to send me back my Gypsy Queen which they didn't even grade because it was too fragile for encapsulation. I should also mention that I submitted this card in person at a show. If it was too fragile they should have told me then rather than making me pay shipping fees both ways for nothing.

Last edited by packs; 08-30-2012 at 06:26 PM.
Old 08-30-2012, 06:47 PM

Submitted something for a 20 day turnaround back in early July and just got it back today.
Old 08-30-2012, 07:55 PM
Scott Mt. Joy

Yea just got 2 subs back and both were well over with one taking 5 days to enter and 22 days to grade on a 10 day sub so 27 days, ouch, they need to get it together and just stop the specials for a few months to get caught up. Just glad I dont use them for as many cards as I used to or I would be going crazy.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:19 PM
qu@n nguy3n

i would expect longer delays as they just came off the national this month. that's the reality with psa these days, subs are taking 2 weeks to be entered and the approximate return dates are meaningless. if you don't like it don't use it, not gonna get any sympathy from me when you know what you're getting into b4hand.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:31 PM
Alan U

I would call their customer service even if you don't think it will help.
Old 08-30-2012, 09:33 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Default PSA subbing

I am a "new" collector. I really want to safe guard my valuable card collection. I want to have it near to me.

I've read several of these PSA related threads and am now certain I want to send my cards to PSA. I'm sure they will take the utmost care and professionally decide what is best for my cards. (they know I'm on a budget and cannot afford to re-submit)

I read a book called "The Card" which tried to fill my head with lies. I will stand by PSA through thick and thin. I know they care about me as a collector.

I'm going to go post this on Collector's Universe as well, so they know that all my posts show my loyalty to PSA.

I am excited as my first submissions will be free. I will be submitting a few of my mint Brien Taylor and Todd Van Poppel rookie cards. (crossing my fingers for "10"s so I can flip them for big time money)
Old 08-30-2012, 09:37 PM
Robert Williams

And to think...I thought only the PSA board had trolls......
Old 08-30-2012, 09:47 PM
Archive

Moonlight Graham

If you are going to switch to another TPG with the hopes that they will have your cards back to you on time, then prepare yourself for future disappointment. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just truthful.

Copa7

You had me going til I read the last line in your post. Thanks for the laugh!

Jantz
Old 08-30-2012, 09:52 PM
Chuck Zso.lnai

Moonlight -

just trying to keep it jovial - hopefully not at the expense of the OP, for whom I feel bad.

I don't grade my cards, so its never a problem. But I can relate to waiting for cards by mail.

BTW - love the name, Dr. Graham !
Old 08-30-2012, 09:54 PM

i read the card also and it turned me off psa can they really look at all the cards that are submited the way they should for the price you pay? ive seen to many suspect cards on the market graded by psa with grades that in my opinion dont deserve the grade they have recieved i'm not a grader but almost like the grade was paid for by there high dollar customers.
Old 08-30-2012, 10:03 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
Moonlight -

just trying to keep it jovial - hopefully not at the expense of the OP, for whom I feel bad.

I don't grade my cards, so its never a problem. But I can relate to waiting for cards by mail.

BTW - love the name, Dr. Graham !
I have no issue with anything you said...however, if you want to make sarcastic remarks towards a person or company you will need to have your name in your posts. Please keep that in mind for the future...thanks
Old 08-30-2012, 10:28 PM

Default Sgc

I've submitted many cards to SGC. In my opinion their customer service is awesome and the turnaround times are usually met. I really don't have a problem with a sub being a couple days extended but PSA has no problem taking my money for certain services that they do not deliver. And they could care less because they're so big. I'm just tired of them and I won't use them again. I appreciate the posts! Copa7-that was funny as hell. Chad-I wasn't looking for sympathy, I just wanted to hear what you board members thought
Old 08-30-2012, 11:13 PM
Joe S
J.oe Squi.res

Funny, I gave PSA 10 tickets to slab at the national at the 30 day, whenever you get to it, level.

I just got them in the mail today, I was going to send Joey O some flowers.....
Old 08-31-2012, 01:31 AM
_G@ґy*€hℯη_

I've had good luck w/ my recent PSA submissions. Everything was logged within one business day of PSA receiving the submissions. I had one 45 business day submission pop in ~11 business days. The 7 day Collectors Club Service popped in about 7 business days, and the 10 business day Special popped in about 9 business days. I see some slow loggages. I assume people know that they need to put the service level on the outside of the box when they ship it. I did hear that those who submitted orders at National had long waits for loggage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg psaorder.JPG (28.8 KB, 733 views)

Last edited by glchen; 08-31-2012 at 01:32 AM.
Old 08-31-2012, 07:41 AM

Just a shameless plug... Beckett turnaround times are guaranteed... :-)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jantz View Post
Moonlight Graham

If you are going to switch to another TPG with the hopes that they will have your cards back to you on time, then prepare yourself for future disappointment. I'm not trying to be sarcastic, just truthful.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:23 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GehrigFan View Post
And while their holders aren't the prettiest (SGC often gets that vote), they do the best job of the top 3 TPGs of actually PROTECTING the card. The edges of the card doesn't get dinged by the inner sleeve and you can run it over w/a truck!
Old 08-31-2012, 08:29 AM
pete ullman

I have only had one card graded by psa... it was in person at the national... while I waited... and the customer service was fine. All of these stories I'm hearing are totally unacceptable to me. But what are your options?

PSA's grading/service is much more generous than SGC... if you want a higher grade you send it to PSA.

With the registry heads paying ungodly sums for high-grade commons... sending your cards to PSA is almost like printing money for free.

So apparently if you want free money... you'll have to deal with poor customer service.
Old 08-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Steven

Quote:
Originally Posted by tiger8mush View Post
And while their holders aren't the prettiest (SGC often gets that vote), they do the best job of the top 3 TPGs of actually PROTECTING the card. The edges of the card doesn't get dinged by the inner sleeve and you can run it over w/a truck!
They're a bitch to crack open as well.

Also, I find it unacceptable that ANY business does not come thru for what is paid for, ie 5-day grading. Just b/c others doit, its the busy time of the year or whatever other excuse they have does not make it satisfactory. I am also not looking for symathy as I break cases open (broke my e145 speaker out last night!) but eventually the consumer needs to simply stop supporting bs companies.

Steve Suckow
Old 08-31-2012, 09:23 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I should also mention that I submitted this card in person at a show...they should have told me then rather than making me pay shipping fees both ways for nothing.
Do they make you pay for shipping both ways when you submit at a show? I had the idea that was one benefit of submitting at a show...no shipping to PSA?

Cheers,
Blair
Old 08-31-2012, 09:35 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Beckett

Quote:
Originally Posted by GehrigFan View Post
And they have GREAT customer service and offer awesome deals at the National.
Old 08-31-2012, 10:44 AM
Patrick N.

Default Bvg

Beckett does not know how to grade a vintage baseball card, pure and simple. There thick slabs make the card seem too entombed
Old 08-31-2012, 10:48 AM
K1rk K3ith

Default Tpg

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
Beckett does not know how to grade a vintage baseball card, pure and simple. There thick slabs make the card seem too entombed
Some people "dont know how" to use the word "their".
Old 08-31-2012, 11:35 AM
Rob G.

Quote:
Hi Patrick, do you mean they grade too harshly? Back when there was only BGS, the big knock on them was that they would grade vintage with the same strict guidelines as they grade modern cards. Thus BVG which is a little easier on them as they take into account the printing procedures involved in the making of the cards at the time.

I've cracked as many BVG holders as I have SGC and PSA and have found Beckett to do a fine job in grading their cards. Though most have been in the 1 thru 4 range, so I can't comment on high grade vintage.

Just my opinion
Old 08-31-2012, 11:42 AM
qualitycards

Quote:
Do they make you pay for shipping both ways when you submit at a show?
No!
I have given PSA as well as SGC, Beckett & GAI cards at various shows
and you only pay the shipping to get it back to you if they take the submissions
back to their location.
There's no spot on any form about shipping to get to them, that's between you & your post office (or FedEx) when you ship to the grading companies.
Old 08-31-2012, 11:54 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Only issue I have w/BVG is that the card condoms make it tricky to get a decent scan of the returned item. That plus lack of market share when it comes to resale.

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 08-31-2012, 11:59 AM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
I couldn't disagree with you more. I put BVG equal to SGC in grading of the vintage stuff. Both are top notch and have some of the best graders in the industry. BVG slabs are a bit thick but do provide more protection than any other holder.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:42 PM
Ed Woelfle

Default Same issue

I have have had similar experiences, but haven't written about it (until now )

PSA, to me, is like an overpriced restaurant with bad food and service - I just stopped going. Whether it's late return of cards (and more than a few days), my order shipped to wrong person/address (that did happen once), crap grading (IE: 5's w/paper loss), or Customer Service that ranks up there with the Department of Motor Vehicles (DMV) in warmth and friendliness, it all rolls up to the same thing. They don't care about you or your experience using them - - "you don't like it..? Too bad, go elsewhere then."

I get it, their actions speak volumes to this.

Last submission I specifically asked for no qualifiers and was told "not a problem, just note it on the submission form" She even said it was a common request (big surprise), but warned it could drop the numerical grade up to 2. Fine.

Get the cards back, 3 had qualifiers - wrote to Cust Svc asking why and noting the submission form. No response for a week. Wrote again, then was told they are "looking into it" and "would advise me of" their "decision" Thanks Judge Judy

Get an email week later that said they would regrade two of them, but one of them no, they won't regrade with no explanation as to why. No explanation on that or why any of them had qualifiers to begin with given the instructions and confirmation? On the two they would change - I had to document why, put those two on separate submission form, separate shipment, attach email documentation of their ruling, note some specific codes and instructions on the form, I would be responsible for shipping .. it went on but I stopped reading it about that point. Unbelievable trash. It got the time and consideration it deserved - they same amount they put into it. I sent a cancellation email (along with a brief note as to what they can do with themselves).

That was it for me, enough of of the lousy food, lousy service, overpriced restaurant - enough of PSA.

Last edited by Edwolf1963; 08-31-2012 at 02:12 PM.
Old 08-31-2012, 12:52 PM
Glyn Parson

Default To me complaining about PSA

Complaining about PSA taking to long is akin to Denise Richards complaining that Charlie Sheen was running with hookers and doing blow. When someone or some company behaves in their usual manner I don't know why people get shocked or offended.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:06 PM
Peter Spaeth

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leon View Post
I couldn't disagree with you more. I put BVG equal to SGC in grading of the vintage stuff. Both are top notch and have some of the best graders in the industry. BVG slabs are a bit thick but do provide more protection than any other holder.
The rap on Beckett vintage used to be that they weren't good at spotting altered cards. I don't know if this has changed. Beckett seems to be the leader in post-1980 card grading, or at least is on a par with PSA.
Old 08-31-2012, 01:46 PM

I never renewed a couple years ago, and they never even sent me an email.....

The thing I hated most was sending in cards, waiting forever, and then getting a card returned ungraded, but no decent explanation why, just "Altered" or something like that on it. That happened twice to some T 206's I sent them. At least note the issue please.

I could care less about getting my cards graded now, if I want something graded I'll just buy it already graded on ebay.
Old 08-31-2012, 05:40 PM
Larry

Quote:
Originally Posted by Copa7 View Post
I am a "new" collector. I really want to safe guard my valuable card collection. I want to have it near to me.

I've read several of these PSA related threads and am now certain I want to send my cards to PSA. I'm sure they will take the utmost care and professionally decide what is best for my cards. (they know I'm on a budget and cannot afford to re-submit)

I read a book called "The Card" which tried to fill my head with lies. I will stand by PSA through thick and thin. I know they care about me as a collector.

I'm going to go post this on Collector's Universe as well, so they know that all my posts show my loyalty to PSA.

I am excited as my first submissions will be free. I will be submitting a few of my mint Brien Taylor and Todd Van Poppel rookie cards. (crossing my fingers for "10"s so I can flip them for big time money)
I am assuming this was posted with tongue in cheek in all respects.

Best,

Larry

[Whoops! I guess that will teach me to read the whole thread before commenting--that was good!]

Last edited by ls7plus; 08-31-2012 at 05:43 PM.
Old 09-01-2012, 03:34 PM
Matt

Default agreed...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Taxman View Post
Some people "dont know how" to use the word "their".
Agreed. It's a worldwide epidemic.
Old 09-01-2012, 10:15 PM
Rich

When they don't meet the turnaround time, they are supposed to send you a voucher for each card submitted. I would call customer service and you'll probably get some free grades at least.
Old 09-02-2012, 05:57 AM
qualitycards

Quote:
Originally Posted by Boccabella View Post
When they don't meet the turnaround time, they are supposed to send you a voucher for each card submitted. I would call customer service and you'll probably get some free grades at least.
Rich, they stopped that practice years ago & now list all turnaround times as "approximate"

Last edited by Jay Wolt; 09-02-2012 at 05:57 AM.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:26 AM
Robert Williams

Paying $35 per card for a 5 business day service and having it go 20+ days is unacceptable and some form of compensation should happen.
Old 09-02-2012, 06:51 AM
qualitycards

Robert, I agree 100%
and as stated earlier in this thread, they should hold off on their monthly specials till they are caught up.
These constant delays cannot be good for business in the long run.
Old 09-04-2012, 04:18 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jay Wolt View Post
No!
I have given PSA as well as SGC, Beckett & GAI cards at various shows
and you only pay the shipping to get it back to you if they take the submissions back to their location.
Thanks Jay - that is what I was thinking too.

Cheers,
Blair
Old 09-06-2012, 12:49 PM
Christopher Herman

Default Frustrating...

I'm now on Day 22 of a "10 Day Turnaround": "Your order is still being processed".

As per PSA: "All turnaround times are estimates-if you need your items back in a certain time frame, consider using a faster service."

22 days for a 10 day "estimate" seems like it should be in "a certain time frame".

"Consider using a faster" seems like a scam to me.

I will not be renewing my PSA membership; SGC will be getting all of my business from now on.

My needs lists:
W514 strip cards
W515-2 strip cards
Old 09-06-2012, 02:05 PM
qu@n nguy3n

just gave psa a call since my express order is on day 19. the girl said they're just backed up, but kinda assures me they'd get the card out by tomorrow (day 20) or monday the latest. also a free grading voucher coming my way...SCORE! i'm planning another psa/dna submission so the voucher will be of great use.
Old 09-06-2012, 02:58 PM

PSA CS Is a joke, Carol is a joke, Joe Orlando is a joke - I've got my knit to pick with a couple of them....

PSA plastic makes your post war cardboard sell for more than SGC does in the same grade I am forced for my own financial gain to go with this absolutely disgusting company.

Thanks money you suck

"My opinion"
Old 09-06-2012, 03:48 PM

I'm on day 16 of my 5 day submission-I refuse to call customer service. I'll just wait them out on the last submission they'll ever get from me. Oh, and they've never responded to my e-mail either. They're probably too busy to get to that too. I wonder if Joe Orlando reads these boards?
Old 09-07-2012, 01:46 AM
Pup6913

[QUOTE=Moonlight Graham;1034124 I wonder if Joe Orlando reads these boards?[/QUOTE]

Why yes he does and there won't be a thing done about it either. He is to far above us to answer to the masses in regards to the complete incompetence of some of the "hired help". Is it his problem? I think so because it is his company but when your that big the management team(if there is one) should have this addressed and be answering to the consumers.

I have never used PSA and won't simply due to what I hear and product I see. I do hope however that this is something that will be fixed and addressed properly for "the better of the hobby" anyways. I have high hopes I guess
Old 09-07-2012, 08:56 AM
Ad@m W@r$h@w

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sean1125 View Post
PSA plastic makes your post war cardboard sell for more than SGC does in the same grade I am forced for my own financial gain to go with this absolutely disgusting company.
+1. I buy cards from felons and cheats, send them to incompetent, surly jerks to jack up their value, and sell them to people even more desperate and demented than I am. Makes a fella proud to be an American

https://adamstevenwarshaw.substack.com/

Or not...
Old 09-07-2012, 10:48 AM
Todd Schultz

If they're that far backed up, maybe just this once they could consider having only three graders look at each card instead of the advertised four. That should help move things along.
If we are to have another contest in the near future of our national existence, I predict that the dividing line will not be Mason and Dixon's but between patriotism and intelligence on the one side, and superstition, ambition and ignorance on the other. - Ulysses S. Grant, military commander, 18th US President.

Last edited by nolemmings; 09-07-2012 at 10:48 AM.
Old 09-07-2012, 10:59 AM
pete ullman

Adam...++++++1...I was just talking to a friend who busted my chops for buying from legendary...if I didn't deal with crooks...I wouldn't have many great cards!!! Crazy hobby!
Old 09-07-2012, 02:06 PM
De.rek Pul.atie

They have 7 orders of mine that were recieved on 8/14-8/29
3 were recieved on 8/14 two of those were 15 business day orders and one was a 45 business day. Well the 45 business day order poped on the 8/22. The other 15 day orders still to this day have not popped which puts them on 17 business days. The other orders dont matter to even give details. Its just odd the way they work over there.