NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-13-2008, 07:30 PM
Administrator

Default Who says lesser T's are soft

Posted By: keyway

I keep reading on here that the market is softening for lesser T's and E's. Where do you see that. The prices of lesser grade commons and HOF'ers just keep on rising. I see every week higher and higher prices on EBAY. I guess the cost of travel has made it more feasible to spend more for a card on ebay than travel with all the expence to get one. I know I was going to a large show this weekend but have decided not to because the cost of travel is nuts. As long as the expence of travel stays high the prices on ebay will just continue to climb. Frank

Old 05-14-2008, 02:29 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brandon Brown

I have been collecting the T206's for a short time, but have kept an eye on the prices for quite a while, and they sure dont seem to be dropping any. My plans to go to the National this year have fizzled based on travel cost, so I am planning on reinvesting the money I would have used there, as well as just getting there, on cards on the forum and Ebay. It just doesnt seem logical to spend $200-300 or more in gas to get there, especially for a "novice" collector such as my self, who can just purchase on the net and come out with more cards in the end! Great point Frank, Im with you on this one!

Brandon

Old 05-14-2008, 06:20 AM
Administrator

Posted By: T206Collector

...It's a decent time to buy, with prices that are generally a bit lower on the more available T206 cads than they were a year or two ago. I would agree that since last summer, prices apear to me to have leveled off somewhat. But fom 2006 to 2007, they did come down.

Many PSA 5/SGC 60 T206 HOFers were headed north of $500 only a year or two ago. Now, only a select few surpass $500. And there are bargains to be had.

_ _ _ _ _ _ _ _

Visit http://www.t206collector.com to see signed pre-war card galleries, articles, my blog, my collection and more!

Old 05-14-2008, 07:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: peter ullman

the t200 market didn't look so weak on ebay last night?

Old 05-14-2008, 08:22 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Prices on the middle of the road cards are down across the board. It's not debatable....It's black and white. I talk to a lot of collectors and dealers....and track many cards myself. This is a good time to be set collecting....as someone else said recently. regards

Old 05-14-2008, 08:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: barrysloate

I agree with Leon completely on this one. Tobacco and candy cards that are not too scarce and are in lower grades are down considerably on ebay.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: J Levine

I can also tell you about t205s.
High grade graded cards are still strong (registry fools err...collectors).
Mid grade graded are down very slightly.
Lower grade graded are also down very slightly.

Raw cards are a different story.
In the last six months, raw cards have come down a bunch. High grade raw has come down about 5-10%
Middle grade raw is down a bunch. g-vg+ cards are not commanding strong prices lately. A vg T205 common just before the new year was selling between $40-$60. Now they are going for between $30-$45.
Low grade are falling again. Before the new year most raw T205s in the p-f range were commanding $10-$15 for commons. This past week I bought several for $7 apiece. I have seen several sales (off ebay as well) that are a bunch lower. A p-f Cobb used to go for $1200...I saw two sell for $775 and $850 recently. That is a big drop off.

T205s historically tend to fall off in cycles.

Joshua

PS I will buy any t205 common for $7 each any day of the week!! I love this set!

Old 05-14-2008, 10:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Bob

I think that caramel cards have slowed their meteoric climb. The E94, E97 and E98 sets, three I watch carefully, took off like crazy the past 9 months but have slowed a little. The registry boys still drive up the prices of the highly graded cards but mid and lower grade cards have stabilized.
I agree with leon, now is a great time for set collectors and that is why I am planning on branching out in to other tobacco and caramel card sets.
As far as tobacco cards go, since I finished the T206 (minus Big 4) and T205 and T207 sets, I don't watch them all that closely but I can tell you that T210 Old Mill red borders have continued to fetch high prices and don't seem to be levelling off to me. From lesser to higher grades they are still bringing strong prices. Mid and high grade Obaks (T212s) also seem to be climbing as collectors realize the scarcity of these cards.
Early Zeenuts continue their price climb, although with several collectors having reached 90% of the set in the 1911 and 1912 sets, the prices for the more "common" Zeenuts in these 2 sets have come back to earth a little.

Old 05-14-2008, 10:50 AM
Administrator

Posted By: boxingcardman

HOF and popular players are pulling very solid prices even in low grades.

Sic Gorgiamus Allos Subjectatos Nunc

Old 05-14-2008, 12:44 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Darren

J Levine,

I agree with the price dip on ungraded T205's. Whether we like it or not, grading is the standard for maximizing economic gains.

Old 05-14-2008, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe Drouillard

It depends on what you mean by "lesser Ts." I agree with the other collectors that now is a great time to buy T206s, especially graded cards in mid to high grade condition, but if your interested in ungraded Ts without creases or paper loss the price is generally about the same as last year. They still range between $25.00 to $35.00 for commons on eBay. There also doesn't seem to be many midgrade lots of T206s offered lately. So you cannot save by buying in quanity. You also have the problem when you buy ungraded cards of bad scans and trimmed cards. Almost all of the cards that I have bought this year have been graded PSA 5 to 6, or SGC 50 to 60. It has slowed me down a bit in trying to collect the set, but it just seems to me to be the best value for the dollar right now.

Best of luck in building your collection,

Joe