NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 10-24-2013, 06:59 PM
Paul Gruszka aka P Diddy, Cambo, Fluke, Jagr, PG13, Bon Jokey, Paulie Walnuts
Pa.ul Grus.zka

Default HYEE up and running on ebay....again

dig in

http://www.ebay.com/itm/EXCEPTIONAL-...item3a8682f4a1
Old 10-25-2013, 09:32 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoeless Moe View Post
Let the bloodbath begin.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 10-25-2013, 12:52 PM
Banned

Oh no! Here we go again!
Old 10-30-2013, 12:41 AM
M@RK ST€!NBERG

A question...

He is offering literally hundreds of Slide Transparencies this time around. What do people do with these tiny Slides? Many of the images feature gorgeous colors and are clear as a bell. But is there a way to view/display them, that I'm missing? I suppose you could make color prints from them, but is that what winning bidders generally intend to do with these?

Just curious... here's a link to one of the many examples...

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1950s-Origin...ht_5043wt_1231
Old 10-30-2013, 07:07 AM

I've asked the same question about the negatives he sells. Some of them go for a lot of money but I'm not sure what you do with them after you buy them.
Old 10-30-2013, 08:34 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

Probably in part because they're historical artifacts, akin to baseball card printing plates. I don't have a use or collecting interest in negatives, but have a few as interesting production items. I've had a few glass plates, which are interesting to show people.

As with others, I'm more of a hang-on-the-wall photo type person. Some people collect baseball card wrappers and probably empty vintage film boxes, so I'm not judging what others buy. My taste is just my taste.

Last edited by drcy; 10-30-2013 at 08:46 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 09:18 AM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
I've asked the same question about the negatives he sells. Some of them go for a lot of money but I'm not sure what you do with them after you buy them.
What I usually do after I get em is call doc brown and see if he can take me back to when the negative was made and develop as many photos as i can and then when I get back sell them on ebay..lol...honestly there are alot of hardcore collectors who collect original negatives. You cant do much with them except just display and appreciate them. Its knowing that you have a original negative of a beautiful photo from that period that makes it collectable
Old 10-30-2013, 09:37 AM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by packs View Post
As DRC said, people collect the oddest things so the demand for original negatives doesn't shock me.
After all, it is the original piece handled by the original photographer used to develope the photos(closest thing to the beginning of that process). I think owning a glass plate negative by Mr Conlon, would be pretty f n sweet personally(example).
These are also of a high profile photographer which can produce some beautiful images.
They are a part of history and the process of baseball photography.

As far as what do you do with them?? IDK.. look at them.. envision the process(photographer using them to produce photos).. store them in a box.. develope them to get a high end print for yourself..

What does one do with an unused Mickey Mantle pencil set after all? Different strokes for different folks I guess. I own a couple burke negs(babe ruth ad rookie williams). I bought them to own a piece of history, learn from them(handle/study them and have as exemplars). I think they are pretty cool personally but don't really know why ..haha. No doubt though, my passion is in the end product(original photos) which is pretty obvious.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection

Last edited by Forever Young; 10-30-2013 at 10:22 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 10:13 AM
David Ru.dd Cycl.eback

I saw a display of historical barb wire and a museum of historical bathrooms (in Kohler Wisconsin, where many of your toilets, sinks and bathtubs are made). Both were surprisingly interesting.

Last edited by drcy; 10-30-2013 at 10:20 AM.
Old 10-30-2013, 12:23 PM
L@nce Fit.tro

Quote:
Originally Posted by drcy View Post
akin to baseball card printing plates.
Exactly the analogy I was prepared to make before reading further down the page. One difference between negatives and printing plates though being that you can actually use a negative or transparency to produce the end product, a photograph, much more easily than you can use a printing plate to produce a card

One advantage transparencies have over negatives though is that you can view and enjoy the transparencies without having to make a print or scan/invert the image. Sure, they're a bit smaller than most baseball cards, even tobacco cards, but the image quality is a heck of a lot better. And when they're in a slide mount, there really isn't a whole lot of difference between those and cards as far as feel and how you handle them (just don't bare-finger the film portion). In fact, I often store individual slides in a toploader right along with the cards if they're not part of a larger collection (in which case 20-pocket pages are more convenient). With all the crap they're cramming in cards these days, I'm actually surprised we don't see more transparency cards (there have been a few on the non-sport side as "film" cards), especially with the process for mounting a frame of film in a mount being very similar with how it would be mounted in a card.

Last edited by thecatspajamas; 10-30-2013 at 03:12 PM.
Old 10-30-2013, 03:05 PM
Jason S!m@nds

Some beautiful photos..

Last edited by jhs5120; 10-30-2013 at 03:05 PM.