NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-12-2004, 04:48 PM
Administrator

Default Introduction to New Website

Posted By: Lyman Hardeman

Greetings. We would like to announce a new website that went “live” today for the first time. It is called Old Cardboard and can be accessed at http://www.oldcardboard.com. The site is focused exclusively on baseball card sets produced in 1950 and before. There are well over 400 sets profiled and more will be added soon. Each set includes a front and back image along with summary information such as ACC number, card size, a set-specific link to eBay and Google, and the value for a representative card from the set. The website also contains a cross index sorted by the year the set was produced, and much, much more.

Because the content of Old Cardboard is so relevant to the members of this forum, we especially welcome your feedback and support as we refine and expand the website. Thank you for looking and for your feedback. --Lyman and Brett Hardeman

Old 03-12-2004, 07:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Joe_G.

Very well layed out. Impressive web design/layout and content. I've only looked at a couple pages but will spend more time there this weekend. So are you going to update the values every week? The site may become dated quickly with the mostly upward volatility we've been seeing.

Thank You for your efforts!

Old 03-12-2004, 07:53 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Jim Clarke

I will be studing it this weekend as well. Looks pretty darn good so far. It's nice to see informational sites to help educate people in our hobby. This will only help prices to continue to soar on most items... "A little bit of education can be dangerous" A famous quote from two prominant collectors on this board... Wonder who they are??

Old 03-12-2004, 09:51 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

..also the Ruth flip-book flipping!

Old 03-13-2004, 03:53 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

lyman, super job! i'd recommend everyone take a look!

Old 03-13-2004, 08:26 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jeff Lichtman

What a great site and a great resource as well.

Old 03-13-2004, 10:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Good job, Lyman....very informative. best regards

Old 03-13-2004, 11:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin O

Agreed. This is a marvelous site, especially for type collectors like myself (My wife says our house is like the 7-11: we got one of everything [including my Joe Pepitone 7-11 cup]). Just as a suggestion, it might be helpful to add to each set type whether or not there is a known set of reprints. Since visitors will often follow the ebay link to search for cards, it might be a good warning about some of the duplicity they'll find in the listing descriptions (I found these in the attic of my basement apartment, but I'm selling these as reprints because they appear to be pasted to graham crackers. Yet they were discovered on earth--which is really old--so they could be authentic).

Old 03-15-2004, 08:02 PM
Administrator

Just want to thank all of you (including those who sent the numberous "off-line" emails) for the kind words of support for our new website. The encouragement and feedback has been overwhelming and is much appreciated. We hope that you continue to enjoy the website and the new material that we will be adding over the coming weeks and months. Thanks again, Lyman

Old 03-15-2004, 09:04 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Cycleback

Lyman, I forgot to post that I also think the site looks nice. In particular, the number of issues included is large (not many vintage baseball card sites include the 1947 Cuban Alerta Premiums) and nicely set up. I'm sure many, including myself, will refer to the site.

Old 03-16-2004, 06:21 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie

Many's the time i wanted to eat my words, but thought they were etched in stone...

Old 03-16-2004, 07:20 AM
Administrator

Hi Julie. According to Bill's forum guidelines, you must login when you first make a post to be able to edit your post-posted post. If have logged in when initially making the post, then you are later given an "Edit Message" option along with the "Respond to this Message" link when you view the message. Hope this helps. --Lyman