NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 03-23-2013, 09:33 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Default Ebay Sellers

I just dont get it, so many sellers of T205's only post a scan of the front of the card. Eso on the T205 (and T206's) the backs are pretty Important. Some dont even say what kind of back it is.

When this happens I always email the seller and ask for a back scan, some sent it and alot dont. If I cant see the back (esp if its not graded) I cant buy it. I just dont get it, i will pay in US dollars, dont they want my money??

Sry I had to vent.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.
Old 03-23-2013, 01:20 PM
Kevin Qui.nn

Default agreed

this has a been a gripe of mine on t206's for a long time.

the back definitely matters. not even knowing what the back is, let alone what it looks like will make me not bid on it alone. i can't count how many hours i have spent asking for people to add a scan of a card back to an auction.

its like.....i will try to sell you something i have only shown you half of. im not buying something i have only seen part of. would you buy a car that you saw a picture of from the front door forward? not a chance.

honestly, while they are at it. add that stuff to the auction so its searchable as well.

kevin
Old 03-23-2013, 07:42 PM
N.ate A.dams

I've been frustrated with the same thing. Even if they think the back variation isn't as important as other Pre-war cards, it still should always be included for condition purposes. I've never understood why sellers don't do it.

Particularly, I get upset because I'm still trying to put together a Cubs T205 set with many varying backs.

When I sell cards, I always show a back, even if it's an Exhibit card with no back.

Old 03-23-2013, 08:26 PM
Glenn
Gl.en.n Willr1ch

Usually bothers me as well, however one dealer/seller whom I've dealt with in the past (Wayne Varner Shoebox cards) doesnt post scans of backs to a lot of his cards, however he's the lone exception that you can be promised is rock solid when he says the back is clean and no paper loss,writing. Wayne is probably the only guy I would trust buying a card from with no scan of back. Also just bought a BEAUTIFUL E95 Plank at an AMAZING price off of him last week......did I mention Wayne is an awesome dealer?

Last edited by Shoele$$; 03-23-2013 at 08:27 PM.
Old 03-24-2013, 06:22 AM
Steve P
Steven Pacc.hiano

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shoele$$ View Post
Usually bothers me as well, however one dealer/seller whom I've dealt with in the past (Wayne Varner Shoebox cards) doesnt post scans of backs to a lot of his cards, however he's the lone exception that you can be promised is rock solid when he says the back is clean and no paper loss,writing. Wayne is probably the only guy I would trust buying a card from with no scan of back. Also just bought a BEAUTIFUL E95 Plank at an AMAZING price off of him last week......did I mention Wayne is an awesome dealer?
thanks for the info good to know, I see his cards all the time, but never buy any cause of that reason. Now I may think twice and give it a shot, but still....I would be more likely to bid or out bid if I can see a scan of the back.Just makes sence for the seller, im sure he would get more buyers interested.
Successful transactions with: Drumback, Mart8081, Obcmac, Tonyo, markf31, gnaz01, rainier2004, EASE, Bobsbats, Craig M, TistaT202, Seiklis, Kenny Cole, T's please, Vic, marcdelpercio, poorlydrawncat, brianp-beme, mybuddyinc, Glchen, chernieto , old-baseball , Donscards, Centauri, AddieJoss, T2069bk,206fix, joe v, smokelessjoe, eggoman, botn, canjond

Looking for T205's or anything Babe Ruth...email or PM me if you have any to sell.