NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used > Autograph Forum- Primarily Sports

Old 04-30-2013, 02:24 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I said it before and I believe it to be true...they make a lot of money off of the forgers. If there were no forgery there would be no need for TPA's.
That was even too profond for me.

Last edited by shelly; 04-30-2013 at 02:35 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 03:31 PM

Just so you guys know, I was not commenting AT ALL on the signature itself, I have not even glanced at the autograph in question so trust me when I say I have no pinion on it whatsoever. I was simply stating the caveat that you cant go by "family" alone.

Question Family members the same way you should question TPA's, do all your homework YOURSELF and if you feel comfortable with all evidence and opinions taken into account, you will be right as often or more often than with Baseball Cards (considering trimming and restoration etc).

I probably should have put this in the first post because its obvious now that people think my post was an endorsement of the signature. If Jim and others who know Ruth better than me say its bad, it probably is. I was ONLY commenting on the family aspect of it and hopefully I did not ruffle too many feathers!

Rhys
Old 04-30-2013, 04:05 PM
Weingarten's Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by prewarsports View Post
Just so you guys know, I was not commenting AT ALL on the signature itself, I have not even glanced at the autograph in question so trust me when I say I have no pinion on it whatsoever. I was simply stating the caveat that you cant go by "family" alone.

Question Family members the same way you should question TPA's, do all your homework YOURSELF and if you feel comfortable with all evidence and opinions taken into account, you will be right as often or more often than with Baseball Cards (considering trimming and restoration etc).

I probably should have put this in the first post because its obvious now that people think my post was an endorsement of the signature. If Jim and others who know Ruth better than me say its bad, it probably is. I was ONLY commenting on the family aspect of it and hopefully I did not ruffle too many feathers!

Rhys
Rhys,

I think anyone who knows you and/or looking at your statement objectively knew what you meant. It was a great point in general terms.

Www.weingartensvintage.com

https://www.facebook.com/WeingartensVintage

http://www.psacard.com/Articles/Arti...ben-weingarten

ALWAYS BUYING BABE RUTH RED SOX TYPE 1 PHOTOGRAPHS--->To add to my collection
Old 04-30-2013, 04:19 PM
Shelly Jaf.fe

No feathers ruffled. In fact it help me check a few more things out.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:33 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by chaddurbin View Post
and the forgers in their basements perfecting their craft on ruths and gehrigs, it won't be for the "cooper ruth" where the lineage can possibly be traced back. it will be some bland 3x5 or scuffled reach ball, so at the end of the day it'll be whether the sig is good or not...and as often the time comes like the ruth 700th hr ticket you'll have some experts believe it's good while others don't.
This thread is ABOUT a Ruth on a Cooper photo, that many people here think looks pretty much perfect. You yourself discounted the provenance of the family's word! If you had the cash in hand, and none of us were here to tell you to do otherwise, I'm guessing you might be high bidder right now.

Edited to add: You know no one's going to cut you much slack in a thread like this. I hope you have thick skin I also appreciate yours and Rhys' 'glass half-full' approach to viewing autographs. It's certainly a more positive way of looking at them, but I guess my 'half empty' view will leave me Ruthless in Seattle. Yes...finally got to use that one.

Last edited by Runscott; 04-30-2013 at 04:46 PM.
Old 04-30-2013, 04:35 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forever Young View Post
Rhys,

I think anyone who knows you and/or looking at your statement objectively knew what you meant. It was a great point in general terms.
+1
Old 05-07-2013, 11:47 AM
Shelly Jaf.fe

Just so you know REA just posted and updated cert from Jimmey. That is like going to the dentist that just took out your tooth and asking him if he pulled it or not. What else is he going to say but yes.
This is where somone with any knowledge would say. Stay far far away.
Old 05-07-2013, 03:15 PM
Banned

its an auction loa and you can upgrade it to a full loa for 50 dollars.