NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-19-2016, 08:01 PM
R0b3rt Ch!ld3rs

Default An ebay pet peeve...

Inspired by the recent thread about the 1953 Bowman Color set, I have been looking at various cards from that set, including the Mick, on ebay. I stand amazed at how many sellers expect someone to make a determination about a card from pictures taken with a digital camera! Gotta love that top quality glare! It seems like if you are expecting someone to plunk down several hundred or several thousand dollars, you would at least spend a little money to buy a freakin scanner!! Last night, I encountered a couple of listings for Mantles with these substandard pics. Tonight, I go to looking and immediately run across another one.

http://www.ebay.com/itm/1953-Bowman-...wAAOSwMtxXt7Fl

I don't intend to call out this seller specifically (just an example) as he/she is by no means the only one, but c'mon! I realize someone looking can zoom in, but for my money, there is no substitute for a high resolution scan.

Am I the angry lone nut on this issue, or do some of you notice this?
Old 08-19-2016, 08:50 PM
Ste.ve Na.polit.ano

What about posting a card seeking thousands but not bothering to post a scan of the back of the card??? What the ......
Old 08-20-2016, 07:02 PM
Bru.ce Wil.s0n

Quote:
Originally Posted by Snapolit1 View Post
What about posting a card seeking thousands but not bothering to post a scan of the back of the card??? What the ......
Usually because there is something wrong with the back of the card. I just move on if there is no rear scan.

Sent from my SM-T350 using Tapatalk