NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 07-19-2018, 01:33 PM
Pete

Default Is there a "Deal Experience" web page?

I have been into watch collecting for awhile. There are a ton of watches for sale on the forums but we are not always certain of a particular seller. As such, most watch forums will post a "good guy" section or "deal watch" regarding their experience with a particular seller. I find it to be very useful.

Is there such a thing for baseball card collectors? As I get deeper into the collecting, I would find it vital.

Thanks.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:35 PM
je.sse @rnot

Not that I'm aware of. You can always ask for hobby references and see if they know anyone you do.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:39 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

https://www.blowoutforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=45
Here's one for the main modern collecting community. A bunch of guys there also post their eBay accounts to put on blocked bidder listings because they're headaches to deal with.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 07-19-2018, 01:48 PM
Scott Russell

I like the idea of a "good guy" list. We so often focus on the negative, a list of positive names would be cool.
Check out https://www.thecollectorconnection.com Always looking for consignments 717.327.8915 We sell your less expensive pre-war cards individually instead of in bulk lots to make YOU the most money possible!

and Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/thecollectorconnectionauctions
Old 07-19-2018, 03:24 PM
Howard Chasser

Default That's AWESOME!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aquarian Sports Cards View Post
I like the idea of a "good guy" list. We so often focus on the negative, a list of positive names would be cool.
Let's start it:

I suggest minimum of 5? positive references on Net 54 puts you on the list - every negative reference leaves you -5?
Old 07-19-2018, 05:09 PM
Pete

Could we add a forum to this site? That would an awesome addition. It may attract more members as they "google" search sellers and it leads them here.
Old 07-19-2018, 05:57 PM
Fr@nk Burke++

Yelp seems to have difficulties managing malicious reviews. Who would carry the torch for Net54?

If you have had a positive experience with someone on BST, asking them for a reference via PM seems to work.

Negative referrals on a public forum is opening a can of worms and probably not in the forum’s best interest.

Just my two cents and where is my change?

GOOD FOR THE HOBBY AND THE FORUM WITH A VAULT IN AN UNDISCLOSED LOCATION FILLED WITH NON-FUNGIBLES

274/1000 Monster Number

Nearly*1000* successful B/S/T transactions completed in 2012-24.
Over 680 sales with satisfied Board members served.
If you want fries with your order, just speak up.
Thank you all.

Now nearly PQ.
Old 07-20-2018, 11:57 AM
Steve Birmingham

The other problem with that sort of list is that the whole "good guy" / "not so good guy" thing is really subjective.

One of the few ebay sellers I had a problem with is almost universally held out as one of the "good guys" And since he's been around a long time, very well might be. My experience was very substandard, and I'm pretty lax about most stuff. Like don't ship for a few days, or pack something in a way that's ok but not great or annoying... I'm fine with that. (Wiped out misleading scans, undisclosed trimming and damage and being unresponsive not so much. )

So who would categorize the seller? Me, or the majority of people who've bought from him at shows etc over the years?

Similarly, I don't read someone's positive feedback on Ebay. I do read the neutral and negative feedback. And try to get a feel for whether it's reasonable. Someone leaving a negative who has low double digits, and complains about something being bought Friday night late and not shipped till Monday and not having arrived across the country by Wednesday - I ignore those. The same for people complaining about problems that are obvious in the scans or clearly stated in the description.
I had one of those, sewing kit, but incomplete, missing the thread, but having the cloth and pattern. Clearly stated the thread was not included, as well as having the word "incomplete" in the title. Negative - "Not complete, thread not included"
Old 07-20-2018, 12:20 PM
“the bambino”

Quote:
Originally Posted by frankbmd View Post
Negative referrals on a public forum is opening a can of worms and probably not in the forum’s best interest.
I was thinking the same exact thing. In addition, there are two sides to every story. Some buyers are overly sensitive and can be annoyed by the slightest “infraction”. I’d hate to have my name on a “do not deal with” or “beware of this seller” list. I bet everyone reading this has dealt with unreasonable buyers. 99% are rational, but it only takes one idiot to drag your good name through the mud.
Old 07-20-2018, 12:45 PM
Howard Chasser

Precisely why I was suggesting an offset .........or just leave it all positive - only the positives get posted - a "good guy" list as previously suggested - obviously the more good ratings someone has, the greater likelihood for a positive experience - no need for the negatives??
Old 07-20-2018, 01:54 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

Quote:
Originally Posted by Usc1 View Post
Could we add a forum to this site? That would an awesome addition. It may attract more members as they "google" search sellers and it leads them here.
no

Last edited by Leon; 07-20-2018 at 01:59 PM.
Old 07-20-2018, 04:09 PM
Pete

Quote:
Originally Posted by hcv123 View Post
Precisely why I was suggesting an offset .........or just leave it all positive - only the positives get posted - a "good guy" list as previously suggested - obviously the more good ratings someone has, the greater likelihood for a positive experience - no need for the negatives??
I would concur with this suggestion. Only positive reviews. No liability issue. If no reviews are noted then we will know why.