NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-09-2019, 07:45 PM

Default decent size vintage lot and need some opinions

so like many, i came into collecting about a year ago after the death of my father. Ive gotten all of the big names graded and have become really really into the hobby myself. Im left with a decent size collection of low grade hall of famers and tons of commons. This upcoming weekend there is a big card show in new york im planning on attending. my question for you guys is will dealers be interested in a lot like this (link below) as id like to trade for one big card. Will a dealer be willing to take the time at a card show an assess my collection and come up with a fair price or is it likely going to be a quick glance and an offer? i know i could probably make more if i sold individually on eBay but i like the idea of one trade for something big. Im also planning on bringing around 12 graded vintage cards as well as a decent amount of cash. Also, and i know this is tough to do based off a photo, but what kind of money/trade do you think is fair for a lot similar to this? some specifics

135 HOF players mostly 53-62 with a handful from late 60s/70s
75 commons 1951 bowman
150 commons 1953 topps
75 commons 1955 topps
75 commons 1956 topps
20 commons 1955 bowman
75 commons 1959 topps

https://imgur.com/a/GKcnqRG

lemme know what you guys think!
Old 08-09-2019, 08:55 PM

See jimmy Ryan at the white plains show. He pays fair prices.
Old 08-09-2019, 09:39 PM
Bob B.

Can't grade the cards accurately based on these photos and don't have an adding machine handy, but based on gut feel I'd think you could get something value wise like a Cobb T206 in 2 or 3 range from an honest and fair dealer. Not sure what you consider a big card though. Interested in others thoughts.
Old 08-10-2019, 07:33 PM
Patrick N.

Default Imo

A dealer at a show will not likely trade one big card for those , you are better off selling and buying a card on your own
Old 08-11-2019, 09:31 PM
Tim Hadley
Tim Ha.dley

I can't get the link to the images to pop up for some reason...probably my computer. So not sure how "low grade" the 51 Bowmans are. If you are looking to get rid of those, you might consider putting those up for sale on the boards here. I can say that I would be interested. I can always use low grade 51's... even absolute beaters. I do a little card show here in my town once a month and have a couple people who can't get enough of the 51 and 52 Bowman baseball as well as football.

Tim
Old 08-12-2019, 12:06 AM

Hi Benito,

I’m in the New York area as well. Don’t know what the outcome was of your interest in trading/selling this lot over this weekend.

Having glanced over the pics a couple of times, I realized that I purchased a similar lot containing around 1600 cards from the same era with about 150 HOFers/Stars. It was from Sig Auctions and went for $1575.00. (These cards are all VG-EX up to NM)

Hard to gauge the condition from some of the images, but there seems to be a wide range of condition amidst this lot.

If you still possess these cards, I’d be interested in negotiating a purchase. Let me know. Good luck either way.

Best,

Aaron

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 08-12-2019, 12:08 AM

Oops, I’m new at this and meant to private Email you. Sorry about that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk