NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Modern Baseball Cards Forum (1980-Present)

Old 01-18-2024, 11:16 AM

Default Modern with Vintage design questions

So, I’m not very familiar with ultra and modern baseball cards. I recently bought this card on eBay, and made me wonder if there is a resource to know how many different ones are out there in the different years of that makes sense. I tried an eBay search thinking all the cards of that subset was 76Topps but didn’t seem like it.
Any help would be greatly appreciated!
Thanks!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0938.jpg (172.5 KB, 88 views)
Old 01-18-2024, 11:23 AM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

All Time Fan Favorites, Archives, Heritage (not up to 76 quite yet, 1 old design per year in order) are the main sets reusing old Topps designs. There's often an insert in flagship doing the same thing.

TCDB has a list of appearances by player, but I don't believe anyone has done this strictly for cards reusing an old design, or cataloguing any card reusing that sets design.
Old 01-18-2024, 11:24 AM

I believe that is from 2005 Topps All Time Fan Favorites.

http://baseballcardpedia.com/index.p..._Fan_Favorites

I think that is the gold refractor version if it's numbered /25

They made All Time Fan Favorites in 2003 and 2004 as well, but this Carew is from 2005.

Last edited by OhioLawyerF5; 01-18-2024 at 11:25 AM.
Old 01-18-2024, 12:16 PM

Yeah so I did buy the card and yes it’s a 2005. I guess what I was trying to say is that if I search 2005 Fan Favorites there isn’t a rhyme or reason to the cards. Every one seems to be from a different year. Wasn’t sure if there was a way to find cards of sets that I like (83T, 76T, 65T, etc).
Thanks for the responses!
Old 01-18-2024, 01:56 PM
Gr.eg McCl.@y

Quote:
Originally Posted by HittinLikeCarew View Post
Yeah so I did buy the card and yes it’s a 2005. I guess what I was trying to say is that if I search 2005 Fan Favorites there isn’t a rhyme or reason to the cards. Every one seems to be from a different year. Wasn’t sure if there was a way to find cards of sets that I like (83T, 76T, 65T, etc).
Fan Favorites used a randomly chosen design for each card. Archives picks 3 designs a year and uses those 3 for the whole set. Heritage picks only 1, going in numerical order.

1983 was the annual insert in Topps flagship for 2018. Carew has an All-Star card and a regular card in it.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rod-Carew.jpg (55.6 KB, 74 views)
Old 01-18-2024, 02:11 PM

Yeah the latest Topps flagship sets have been moving through the 80s. This year they're up to 1989. There are inserts and autograph inserts with the 89 design.

Heritage is probably the set you'd enjoy the most. Last year's set was a take on 1974 Topps. The Heritage sets are great because they're on vintage stock as well. Chrome inserts are still part of the set, but the base cards are all old-style cardboard.
Old 01-18-2024, 02:15 PM
Ju$tin D@v3n.por+

Really not totally sure exactly what you are looking for, but TCDB has checklists for most everything.

Here is Carew for every release to date-

https://www.tcdb.com/GalleryP.cfm/pi...=&PageIndex=47

Using the filters you can break a search down into brand and release

Player collecting - Lance Parrish, Jim Davenport, John Norlander.

Successful B/S/T with - Highstep74, Northviewcats, pencil1974, T2069bk, tjenkins, wilkiebaby11, baez578, Bocabirdman, maddux31, Leon, Just-Collect, bigfish, quinnsryche...and a whole bunch more, I stopped keeping track, lol.
Old 01-18-2024, 04:19 PM

Thanks to everyone! That’s what I needed to know
Old 01-19-2024, 06:40 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by HittinLikeCarew View Post
There isn't much rhyme or reason to the choices for All Time Fan Favorites. If you look at the link from Baseballcardpedia I posted, many of the cards list what year's design each card has next to the name in the checklist. I'm not sure why they don't list them all other than they just didn't have a copy of the card when the made the page. I'd say at least half of them are there though. For the other ones you will have to look them up individually. I'm not sure if other online checklists list each year for each card or not. I'll look in the Beckett Almanac when I get home to see if they list each year's design for each card.
Old 01-19-2024, 07:16 AM
Shane

I personally think that the vintage design redo's are way overdone. Too much of a good thing is no longer a good thing in my opinion. I think they should just stick with Heritage and leave the rest of it alone. It is so confusing and so eandom with no rhyme or reason as to why they choose a design for those other sets.

Patience is a virtue. If you like a certain design, wait for Heritage to come out. I know a lot of people have been waiting patiently for the design of 1975 to come out and this is the year!