NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 10-27-2019, 03:09 AM

The Brady contenders auto is going
To outclass the Namath rookie obviously, and certain Psa 10s May eventually, but the vast majority of Brady’s rookie cards won’t ever touch Namath’s simply because of the sheer numbers of Brady rookie cards out there. And Brady the goat or not, joe Namath has his own set of rules that govern his card values vs actual skill/ranking as a QB.
Old 10-27-2019, 11:26 AM
Garth Guibord

Quote:
Originally Posted by brafcauknid View Post
The Brady contenders auto is going
To outclass the Namath rookie obviously, and certain Psa 10s May eventually, but the vast majority of Brady’s rookie cards won’t ever touch Namath’s simply because of the sheer numbers of Brady rookie cards out there. And Brady the goat or not, joe Namath has his own set of rules that govern his card values vs actual skill/ranking as a QB.
That's the supply side, but it doesn't take into consideration the demand side fully. For instance, Mike Trout's flagship update rookie has a huge supply, but the demand is high enough to command big prices. As I noted earlier, there are a great number of upcoming milestones for Brady to help stoke the demand.
And since this is for investment purposes, I see more upside for Brady rookies rather than the Namath rookie. The volume of options actually provides for opportunity, as there are surely undervalued Brady issues that qualify for the RC designation. And while some of those issues may never touch the Namath rookie for price, if investing is the main thrust I would rather put a couple hundred into a Brady rookie with the potential to double it or so to $500 than put money approaching $1,000 for a low grade Namath rookie when it might not yield the same return.
Old 10-27-2019, 09:04 PM

Tom Brady and the Patriots now undefeated at 8-0. The magic ride continues.
Old 11-25-2019, 09:54 PM

How big is Tom Brady compared to Joe Namath?

Cowboys-Patriots was the most-watched regular-season NFL game in over a decade
https://www.aol.com/article/news/201...cade/23867644/

The game received a 19.5/40 metered rating. That was the highest rating for a regular-season NFL game since 2007, according to Fox Sports.

Sorry Namath fans but Tom Brady has dethroned Broadway Joe. That`s the facts.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 11-25-2019 at 09:54 PM.
Old 11-25-2019, 11:01 PM
John

I think because of the relative lack of interest in football history, it wouldn't surprise me at all for modern cards to rise to the top of the rankings of valuable football cards. That said, I think the vintage collector would spend on a Namath or Chicle Nagurski over an expensive modern card. I think some market segmentation has to be recognized - I have a few modern cards, but I don't even know what year or set the Brady rookie comes from. If no one collected cards of players from before they were born, T206s would have crashed by now.

Last edited by TanksAndSpartans; 11-25-2019 at 11:11 PM.
Old 11-26-2019, 09:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by TanksAndSpartans View Post
I think because of the relative lack of interest in football history, it wouldn't surprise me at all for modern cards to rise to the top of the rankings of valuable football cards. That said, I think the vintage collector would spend on a Namath or Chicle Nagurski over an expensive modern card. I think some market segmentation has to be recognized - I have a few modern cards, but I don't even know what year or set the Brady rookie comes from. If no one collected cards of players from before they were born, T206s would have crashed by now.
Good points. This also happening in the NBA as most people want the LeBron and Jordan rookie cards over the old timers.
I also think the baby boomer New York is in play here with Namath like it is with Mickey Mantle. Should be interesting to see how it is in 10 more years when those baby boomer New York fans are very old or unfortunately have passed on.
ps. Sorry for being morbid but my late grandfather was the biggest Hopalong Cassiday and Roy Rogers fan around, but when he passed we sold his collection for pennies on the dollar. No one really was caring about those old icons, Another incident was my 82 year old uncle died and left me over 1000 78 records. Couldn't get $10 for them so just donated them for free.
So I am betting on the younger Brady fanbase to outlast the NY baby boomers of the 1960s in the long run.

Last edited by MRSPORTSCARDCOLLECTOR; 11-27-2019 at 06:03 AM.
Old 11-27-2019, 09:08 AM
John

I can definitely see the Namath/Mantle comparison.

A better question may be a Brady v. a Chicle Nagurski - since it isn't really fans who saw Nagurski play buying that one.