NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Sports (Primarily) Vintage Memorabilia Forum incl. Game Used

Old 01-21-2011, 08:27 PM
David Buckingham

Default What to do with used Charles Feeney NL balls?

I'm probably in the wrong forum, but I can't find a post-war memorabilia forum. In my efforts to help the Veal family sell the memorabilia of the late Lubie Veal, former groundskeeper at Riverfront in Cincinnati and Wrigley in Chicago, they have given me some old official baseballs to dispose of. There are about 45 Charles Feeney official NL balls, and about a dozen each of William White NL balls, Leonard Coleman NL balls, and Bud Seilig MLB balls. Unfortunately, they have all been hit and are dirty, used, and scuffed. Should I give these to the local high school, or do they have any value on eBay or otherwise? Your thoughts are appreciated. Thanks.
Old 01-21-2011, 08:42 PM
David Nova.kovich Jr.

There's definitely a market for those...They usually sell pretty well on ebay.

They'd be great to get signed by players of those eras... I myself would prefer a to get a game used Feeny ball signed by a Schmidt, Bench, Rose, so on and so on, over a fresh new MLB Selig ball. Some probably don't feel the same, but I'm sure that I'm not alone in feeling this way.
Old 01-21-2011, 09:36 PM
Dan Bretta

I agree with the above...they are valuable to autograph collectors, most of whom I'm certain would rather have autographs of players from the 1960-70s on a Feeney ball over a newer baseball.
Old 01-23-2011, 08:41 PM
+0m J()rd@N

Default too many balls?

I'd put them on ebay 1 dozen at a time and let the market decide whether they are collectable or just good for batting practice. I'd list them in both the sporting goods section and the sports collectibles section.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:53 PM
FredYoung

Coaches Corner will buy them.
Old 01-24-2011, 01:56 PM
Dan Bretta

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoldenAge50s View Post
Coaches Corner will buy them.
What I wouldn't give to know the ebay ID's of the folks at CC and those that "consign" to them.
Old 01-24-2011, 04:10 PM
Jim Murphy

it would be interesting if you made a small black pen line over a stich near the sweetspot to see if they show up again with a new story
Old 01-27-2011, 10:22 PM
"Thumbs Down Guy"

Quote:
Originally Posted by slidekellyslide View Post
I agree with the above...they are valuable to autograph collectors, most of whom I'm certain would rather have autographs of players from the 1960-70s on a Feeney ball over a newer baseball.
OT in tems of the thread, but if I'm getting a signature today I'd rather have it on a new ball, only because I'm getting the signature now. I got a ball signed by Branca and Thomson in 1991, and whereas most people were asking them to write "1951" on it, I asked them to put "1991," because that was the current year. YMMV, of course.

And now back to the topic at hand...