NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you give an opinion of a person or company your full name needs to be in your post. Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-04-2018, 11:53 PM
Al Jurgela

Default Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by h2oya311 View Post
Hi Doug -

I'll jump on this very soon...I have information on each HOFer as well as some updates to Phil's incredible work. But I struggle with the consensus definition of a "rookie" and of a "card" (since there is no consensus). To get around this, I was thinking of modifying the table to include multiple cards/photos to ensure that nothing is missed and folks can form their own opinion about what qualifies or does not. Since I have stored images of most of these cards as well, I was tinkering with the idea of adding a list and photo of each known "rookie" / "pre-rookie" item to my imageevent webpage. This might be the best course of action, but will require a bit of time to complete. I've been doing the leg-work for years, but just haven't put it all together in one place.

I'll spend some time over the next week or two to see if I can get something up-and-running for all to enjoy.

Derek, Thanks for all the work that you do for the hobby! Al
50 Hage's Dairy (Minoso)
All Oscar Charleston Cards
Rare Soccer cards
Rare Boxing cards
Old 05-05-2018, 02:11 PM

Quote:
Hi Doug -

But I struggle with the consensus definition of a "rookie" and of a "card" (since there is no consensus). To get around this, I was thinking of modifying the table to include multiple cards/photos to ensure that nothing is missed and folks can form their own opinion about what qualifies or does not.
This is quite a bit of additional work but wanted to give you a strong vote of approval. I grew up collecting the late 80s and 90s and have a tough time accepting post cards/photos as rookies. That is not to deny anyone that does, but would personally be interested in any type of table that shows what is closer to recent traditional cards.
Extensive Magic The Gathering collection, possibly willing to trade some for E95/Pre War HOFers.
Old 09-22-2018, 12:42 AM

Default Current HOF class

I love this thread and use it for the basis of my HOF rookie collection. Has anyone put any thought or ideas into what the rookies cards would be for this years HOF class? Any insight would be greatly appreciated.
Old 10-12-2018, 09:09 PM
Kyle May

Will a new thread be created to continue this and keep the list all in one post?

Current Project: Hall of Famers - 1 playing-days/involvement card (if possible) of each.
Progress: 194/323 (60.06%)

In-depth tracking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing
Old 10-12-2018, 09:39 PM
Lar.ry Buch.heim

How about the '68 Milton Bradley Ryan?
Old 10-13-2018, 11:14 PM
Derek Granger

Quote:
Originally Posted by PiratesWS1979 View Post
How about the '68 Milton Bradley Ryan?
Yep, that one works as well. I think Phil stuck with the primary issue when available (in this case the Ď68 Topps).

And Kyle, I promise Iím working on it. Iíve got a nice spreadsheet but I need to simply put it on the site.

HOF "Earliest" Collection (Ideal - Indiv): 191/323 (59.1%)
1911 T332 Helmar Stamps.................: 178/180 (98.9%)
1914 T330-2 Piedmont Art Stamps......: 108/119 (90.8%)
1923 V100 Willard's Chocolate............: 103/180 (57.2%)
Old 10-14-2018, 08:04 PM
Phil Garry

Hi Guys:

I was just checking in on Net54Baseball as I do every once in a while these days as I am no longer very active in the hobby and noticed the follow-up to my original HOF Rookie Cards Listing thread.

I am sure that Derek will be able to provide a most current listing as soon as he is able to. If anyone would like an updated entry to be made to my original list, I would be happy to do this also. Since I don't check in on Net 54 too often, it would be best if you send me a PM as I will see those messages in my e-mail box as well and I will respond and make the necessary updates if they are warranted.

I'm always happy to hear that board members are still referencing the list that I put together a number of years ago now, it was a lot of work and my hope was that it would act as a reference tool for collectors for many years to come. For those that do not know, I also put together another similar listing for Earliest Collectibles of BB HOF'ers which can be found in it's own thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...t+collectibles

Last edited by bcbgcbrcb; 10-14-2018 at 08:08 PM.
Old 10-19-2018, 10:58 PM
Kyle May

Quote:
Yep, that one works as well. I think Phil stuck with the primary issue when available (in this case the Ď68 Topps).

And Kyle, I promise Iím working on it. Iíve got a nice spreadsheet but I need to simply put it on the site.
Derek,

Awesome! Looking forward to that updated list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by bcbgcbrcb View Post
Hi Guys:

I was just checking in on Net54Baseball as I do every once in a while these days as I am no longer very active in the hobby and noticed the follow-up to my original HOF Rookie Cards Listing thread.

I am sure that Derek will be able to provide a most current listing as soon as he is able to. If anyone would like an updated entry to be made to my original list, I would be happy to do this also. Since I don't check in on Net 54 too often, it would be best if you send me a PM as I will see those messages in my e-mail box as well and I will respond and make the necessary updates if they are warranted.

I'm always happy to hear that board members are still referencing the list that I put together a number of years ago now, it was a lot of work and my hope was that it would act as a reference tool for collectors for many years to come. For those that do not know, I also put together another similar listing for Earliest Collectibles of BB HOF'ers which can be found in it's own thread:

http://www.net54baseball.com/showthr...t+collectibles
Heck of a list. Thank you for putting it together!

Current Project: Hall of Famers - 1 playing-days/involvement card (if possible) of each.
Progress: 194/323 (60.06%)

In-depth tracking here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets...it?usp=sharing