NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 09-13-2007, 02:04 PM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: TONY

A 38 Goudey reprint just sold on ebay for over $100
ebay item #180542019334
Am I missing something?

This guy is krazy
Maybe because he clamed it was gem mint
But so what?
it's a freaking reprint

then he asks $10 for insurance, but optional thank God

also didn't want to accept Paypal on expensive auctions, so you had to agree to pay a xtra $20 paypal fee, if u wanted to pay this way

absolutely amazing

then he highly recommends getting it graded because it's a lock 9 or mayve even a 10 on a good day

why ebay didn'y pull this auction is beyond me'

I wish I could work part-time for ebay & have the right to pull any & all fraudulent auctions
Wow, would I have a blast!!
only problem I could only close down a tiny % of the scam listings I see daily

Old 09-13-2007, 02:12 PM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: Matt

It's totally out of control - this is when I wish ebay would allow you to block certain sellers. From the listing titles there's no mention about a reprint; then somewhere hidden in the description of the wonderful condition and the scarce card they use the word "reprint" (or one bozo who consistently misspells it "repint"). I wish ebay would clean this stuff up; you know whoever won the auction is expecting the real deal and will either not notice when it comes or know it right away; either way there's going to be a fight at some point between buyer/seller.

Old 09-13-2007, 02:42 PM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: leon

for some reason I can't find this thru regular or advanced (completed auction) search? I will send it to my contact at ebay if I can find it and maybe get the seller warned or booted....

Old 09-13-2007, 02:50 PM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: Zinn

"also didn't want to accept Paypal on expensive auctions, so you had to agree to pay a xtra $20 paypal fee, if u wanted to pay this way"

That is verboten per ebay and paypal rules. Auction should have been kicked by ebay before it went to the end.

Old 09-14-2007, 11:50 AM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: TONY

I just saw today on ebay a 33 goudey ruth reprint, advertised as such in a graded holder for $400
I emailed him & asked how much he was paying for these?
I think I won;t be getting a reply as he's in the card for around $10
nice markup if he can sell it
heck even if he got $50 still a great markup

Old 09-15-2007, 08:01 AM
Administrator

Default Reprint Insanity

Posted By: Bill

I couldn't find it either using the search functions. That's about the third time now with an auction number that someone has posted on here that it doesn't work. I'll take a stab that ebay has a small glitch or something.

Change your socks, drink water, and drive on.