NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 06-13-2002, 11:05 PM
Administrator

Default June 12th - This Day in Baseball History

Posted By: leon

Hey Andy,
Congrats also. Like I said this morning it's sort of a weird feeling at very first.....sort of a "permanence" about the whole thing.....then "oh crap, now what"...then it's pretty much down hill.....get some sleep..you will need it....best regards....

(and you will still be able to buy cards, don't fret)

Old 06-13-2002, 11:21 PM
Administrator

Posted By: vorthian

Congrats Andy! I hear that a Sportsfest show is the best remedy for being a "complete mess".

Old 06-14-2002, 07:12 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Jay Miller

All the best, Andy. Makes those little pieces of cardboard seem pretty insignificant doesn't it?

Best---Jay

Old 06-14-2002, 07:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kevin Cummings

Way to go, Dad (and Mom)!

Hmmmmmm.....I wonder if all those 3:00 A.M. eBay pre-1950 bidders are handling late night feedings, too?

Old 06-14-2002, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: HalleyGator

Congrats!!

I think it is time for you to sell us your old cards (discounted, of course) so that you can invest the money in tech stocks for your son's future.

Old 06-14-2002, 08:55 AM
Administrator

Posted By: John Wojak

Andy, a heartfelt congratulations to you and your wife. Now you have to start a second duplicate collection of everything you have so that you can give one to your son when he is old enough to appreciate them!

By the way, having a 7 1/2 year old son has taught me that as much as I dislike graded cards, the slabs have a great value - I can let me son handle any of my graded cards without fear he might damage the cards. There is basically nothing he can do to them (short of hitting them with a hammer) that will crack them open, and it as great safe way to share the history of the game with him.

Old 06-14-2002, 10:13 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Mazel Tov ----- Things just get better and better with kids. It's a wonderful time when they are that age. BTW, Leon's wrong, you will have no money for cards, sell them all to me.

Old 06-14-2002, 10:30 AM
Administrator

Posted By: john(z28jd)

instead of handing out cigars did you hand out tobacco cards? congratulations andy

Old 06-14-2002, 10:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: petecld

Andy,

Congratulations on the addition to your family.

Does sorta make this all seem a little less important doesn't it.

Let us know which makes a better teething ring - PSA holders or SGC holders.

Old 06-14-2002, 10:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Andy Baran

1839 - According to legend, Abner Doubleday, who later became a major name in book publishing, created the game we know as baseball. It happened in Cooperstown, NY which, coincidentally, is the present home of the Baseball Hall of Fame. The name Doubleday is also associated with the current ownership of the New York Mets of the National League.

1880 - Baseball's first El Perfecto, a perfect game, was recorded. A perfect game is when no batter reaches a base during a complete game of at least nine innings. A southpaw, left-handed Lee Richmond of the Worcester (Massachusetts) Ruby Legs, pitched himself to perfection with a 1-0 shutout of the Cleveland Spiders in a National League game. Five days later, on June 17, the second, official perfect game was pitched by John Ward in another National League game between Providence and Buffalo. It was two and a half decades later before this feat was accomplished again.

1939 - The Baseball Hall of Fame was formally dedicated at Cooperstown, NY. The shrine to major league baseball still stands in honor of baseball greats of the past.

2002 - Future Major League All Time Home Run Champion is born:

Evan Harrison Baran
Born June 12, 2002 @ 5:34 a.m. Central
6 lbs. 15 oz.
19.5 inches

Baby is perfectly healthy
Mommy is recovering well from surgery
Daddy is a complete mess

Old 06-14-2002, 10:56 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Kenny Cole

Andy,

Congratulations!!! Hope you've stored up on sleep. Insofar as being a mess is concerned, I can only suggest that you drink heavily. It doesn't solve the problems, but it does make you not care about them as much.

Old 06-15-2002, 05:57 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Julie Vognar

"Everything only gets better.." except during the first couple of weeks, during which my husband was heard to mutter at 3 A.M. "What a drag having a baby is!" This too shall pass.