NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 02-14-2006, 08:53 AM
Administrator

Default Mike Plemmons - ????

Posted By: Andrew Parks

Anybody ever hear from Mike Plemmons? I traded him a 1948 Magic Topps Ty Cobb card for one T205 and three rough Obaks.The problem is I still haven't received my cards some six or seven months later. I haven't even heard from him since he said he would send them a good month after he should have. I know another member had a close-call N162 Kelly debacle which I think ended okay -- but I'm still out the Cobb card I won in Steve's auction.

Can anyone help?

Old 02-14-2006, 10:07 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Plemmons completely ripped me off of about $300 worth of cards last year. He is a complete liar who e mailed me and promised to make good with a long sob story and I found out later he was only buying time until the Paypal 45 days to file a claim was up. I had delivery confirmation on the items and Paypal still awarded him his money back because the time had passed. He knew what he was doing all along and is a complete thief. If I were you I would assume he lied and stole from you and take whatever the next step is for you. If you decide to file anything with the police in his area I will gladly forward all my information to you and help you press charges.

Rhys

Old 02-14-2006, 10:40 AM
Administrator

Oy vay. I wonder whether it would be worth the $70 I lost...?

Old 02-14-2006, 10:44 AM
Administrator

Posted By: JimB

I know it is a hassle, but he will probably keep stealing from people if nobody ever presses charges. He probably counts on people not bothering because it is not quite enough to be worth the hassle. Just my two cents. Guys like this really bug me.
JimB

Old 02-14-2006, 11:14 AM
Administrator

Posted By: jay behrens

This is a perfect example where it doesn't hurt to ask around about a person, even if they have been active on the board. Just becuase someone is a regular participant on the board doesn't neccessarily mean they are some one you want to deal with.

Jay

I've just reached Upper Lower Class. I am now officially a babe magnet for poor chicks.

Old 02-14-2006, 11:23 AM
Administrator

Rhys,

Do you still have his address?

Old 02-14-2006, 11:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Keith O'Leary

info I had emailed

Old 02-14-2006, 12:34 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Rhys

Here is the address I sent the cards to and I have an e mail where he confirmed receiving them, but that was about 6-7 months ago. I do not think it should be a problem posting this because he has ripped off people from this board, but if Leon disagrees and removes this, e mail me privately and I will give it to you.

Mike Plemmons
2211 Plemmons Road
Appling, GA 30802

I will gladly join in any legal avenue to press charges. It is not about the money which is not a big deal, but the principle of what he did and making sure he doesn't do it again.

Old 02-14-2006, 01:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Harry Kress

Guy must be rich to live in a street using his last name

Old 02-14-2006, 01:22 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Max Weder

Harry

It may not be because he's rich; rather, it's more likely the lack of breeding opportunities with sufficient gene diversity which afford his street name.

Max

Old 02-14-2006, 02:02 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

I am all for ratting out theives like this guy and Scott Elkins.....anything I can do to hinder them is ok by me.....I HATE THIEVES......good luck guys...

Old 02-14-2006, 04:12 PM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

I dont understand why someone would ruin their reputation for $300? The main thing everyone in this world has is his word. If a man's word is no good, it will follow him forever. Sorry to hear about the problem ya'll are having and hope it works out. Joe

I once watched a man lose his great paying job by stealing a $500 chain hoist and pawning it for $50. Something just make you say "HUH?"

A scared man can't gamble and a jealous man can't work.

Old 02-14-2006, 07:11 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Scott Elkins is a thief??? What'd I miss?

Old 02-14-2006, 08:20 PM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

Don't want to re-hash the whole thing but he came on here and said he stole (stopped payment on a check after receiving merchandise)from me to teach me a lesson. He said, on this board, that he knew what he did was wrong but since I wouldn't take his side in another dispute, not involving me, he was teaching me a lesson. He said he was going to pay for the card, he bought from me off of the BST area, too. He never has. I still have his check returned from my bank marked "stop payment"....For the record that is the only absolute crime I know about concerning anything seen on this board by me.

edited as I used the incorrect form of "scene"...doh

Old 02-14-2006, 09:17 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Daniel Bretta

Now I recall that, but I guess I assumed that he sent the card back to you. Sorry to hear that.

Old 02-15-2006, 07:06 AM
Administrator

Posted By: joe brennan

Leon, I too was under the impression he made good on his word and re issued you payment. Funny how he berated the other player in his dispute and then pulled this stunt on you. Looks like hes no better than who he accused originally. Sorry about the mess. Joe

A scared man can't gamble and a jealous man can't work.