NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-19-2005, 06:53 AM
Administrator

Default Ebay seller regeden and T206 PSA 6 Cobb

Posted By: Brian Engelhard

Has anyone had any dealings with Reg Eden from Las Vegas? The seller has perfect feeback and appears to routinely deal in Vintage cards.

I just purchased this with the BIN option:

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=5232318897&rd=1&sspagename=STRK%3AMEWA%3AIT&rd=1

I thought the price was reasonable espicially considering a NM version closed at Mastro for over double this price; albeit different backs, SC vice Piedmont.

http://www.mastronet.com/index.cfm?action=DisplayContent&ContentName=Lot%20Information&LotIndex=50401&CurrentRow=1

Sidenote: The T206 calculator estimated a value of $3100 on the PSA 6 card I just purchased for $3500 and estimated $4300 on the SGC 84 Mastro card that went $7985 plus juice.

Any feedback on the seller or my purchase would be appreciated. Any thoughts about cracking out and submitting to SGC. I like SGC better than PSA, but I'm hesitant to crack expensive cards possibly resulting in a lower grade or even worse, "trimming'.

thanks

Brian Engelhard

Old 08-19-2005, 07:01 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

I've only had one small transaction with him and had no problem. More importantly, don't break that Cobb out of the PSA holder. That card is seriously short. I'm not going to say it's trimmed from a scan, but I think if you break it out you will have a lot of trouble to get it into any holder including PSA again.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:03 AM
Administrator

Posted By: James Feagin

I also agree, the bottom edge looks crooked. Hopefully this isn't a WIWAG card...

Old 08-19-2005, 07:19 AM
Administrator

Posted By: shannon

Although I couldnt afford this card I also thought it was short, hopefully it isnt Brian. I looked at the sellers feedback last night he seems to buy cards and resells them a short time later. Id leave in the PSA holder.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:42 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Hal Lewis

I think PSA would be forced to buy that one back...

if it was truly slabbed by them and NOT broken out and replaced by WIWAG.

To me, it looks like that thing is trimmed on top and bottom.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:45 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Engelhard

I appreciate the feedback and completely agree with the comments. I sent a message to the seller expressing my concerns and proposed several courses of action.

I don't feel good about this at all

Brian

Old 08-19-2005, 07:46 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Ed McCollum

so what is WIWAG?

Old 08-19-2005, 07:47 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Elliot

Also, the SGC 7 card is not full size, either, although all t206's are not the same size. Further, i think the t206 calculator is wrong on the relative valuation of the two cards.

Old 08-19-2005, 07:48 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

He could be the tallest T206 midget though......

Old 08-19-2005, 07:58 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian Weisner

Hi Brian
I have several dealing with Reg and they have all been poitive. Thant being said the card does appear short, Here's a slighly oversized one that just barley fit into the holder.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:35 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

That PSA 6 is much smaller than the SGC 84 in the Mastronet sale.

Old 08-19-2005, 03:52 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

If you don't mind taking a possible feedback hit, I'd simply tell the seller that you feel the card, even though graded, is "altered." You could offer to pay him his listing fees (nominal) and let him re-offer it on ebay. If he files for a non-paying buyer notice, he can recoup his final value fees he paid ebay, although ebay will surely send you a warning. If this is your first time getting one, it would not result in suspension of your account.
On the other hand, if you are ok with the card the way it is and don't intend to sell it, keep it. If you think you might sell it down the road, you can avoid a lot of headache from potential buyers by rejecting the sale. Again, you might get a negative feedback, but you can respond to it as to why and that shouldn't keep others from selling you cards in the future. Some of us have bitten the bullet and kept cards, even graded, that we thought were trimmed, but this looks blatant to me and is a high dollar card.
Your card, your decision, but my 2 cents is to not complete the transaction and advise the seller why and offer to reimburse him his out of pocket expenses.

Old 08-19-2005, 04:02 PM
Administrator

Tbob:

What you wrote is what I proposed earlier today....the seller appears to be cooperative. I also said that if he doesn't feel comfortable with my proposal or feel like I jerking him around to express his views or slander me on this website.

I feel bad about this because I screwed up...I want to make this as right as best I can.

Brian

Old 08-19-2005, 05:43 PM
Administrator

Close out:

Reg and I agreed to mutually cancel the transaction and I rembursed him listing fees ($58) via paypal. Overall, he was very friendly and cooperative. I wish everyone was like him. The card will likely be relisted very soon.

As for the card, he asked me to post the following information on it:

"I just wanted to let you know I measured the card and it's 2 19/32 which is just a 32nd smaller that 5/8 which it should be. So I then measured the PSA case since it looks so much bigger, and It's over a 1/16th bigger then all my other cases which makes the card look smaller than it really is. Just so you know."

Thanks all for your comments and advice. With each success, failure or mistake I become a wiser man

Brian

Old 08-19-2005, 06:00 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Anson

It sounds like the seller is handling it with some class. We've all had or dealt cards that were trmmied, unbeknownst to us. Fortunately, everyone I've worked with on this site has been top-notch in resolving the deals. I haven't had the same luck on Ebay.

Cheers

Old 08-19-2005, 11:24 PM
Administrator

Posted By: tbob

The card resold and inasmuch as the new buyer doesn't read this board he is going to be very happy with his purchase (for now), the seller is undoubtedly happy and life goes on

Old 08-20-2005, 12:02 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Josh K.

If the seller is being truthful, its possible that psa stuck that card into a caramel slab which would account for it looking so small in the holder.