NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Football Cards Forum

Old 03-19-2012, 04:55 AM
Jeff P

Default Tough cards in challenging sets

Hi all,

In another thread there was a discussion of challenging sets to complete due to one or more very tough cards to acquire within the set. Which cards in which sets do you consider to be the toughest to acquire?

Some of the challenging sets mentioned were:
'30 Wheaties (with full borders)
'59 Bazooka
'50 Bread for Health
'26 Shotwell Ad Backs
'69 Eskimo Pie
'60 Brand Bell Rams
'33 Diamond Matchbooks
'56 Shredded Wheat CFL

Of course you can't compile a list of tough cards in challenging sets without mentioning the Anonymous/Dunlop card in the 1894 Mayo set.

jeff
Old 03-20-2012, 08:19 PM
Be.n C0z1n

I'll put in my 2 cents on the 59 Bazooka Set. I really love this set, please feel free to disagree, agree, or make any additional comments concerning this set.

Tough Cards-
Tom Tracy- Almost never seen. In my opinion this is by far the toughest card in the set.

Lou Groza- I do see this card every once in a blue moon, but I certainly think its a tough one

Joe Perry- I've been collecting this set for over 5 years, and I've NEVER seen the Perry except as part of the complete set.

Howard Ferguson- Tough, and the packer fans are always on the prowl which makes it tougher.

Jim Brown- Not found nearly as much as the Unitas ( at least in my experience )

Easier Cards in the set-

Tobin Rote- It seems like it someone just has one 59 bazooka football, its always the Tobin Rote.

Frank Gifford- Seems to come around quite a bit

Bobby Lane- Always seem to be 2-3 on ebay, and they just don't sell

Pete Retzlaff- Seems to be an easier one

Woodly Lewis- Rather Manageable

Joe Arnett & Rick Caseras- Seem to be come around every now and then

Not to tough, but not as easy as others-
Y.A. Tittle
Unitas
Lebaron
Conerly ( seems easy for a single print )

Thoughs, Comments...
Old 03-23-2012, 10:16 AM
John Spano

1929 Rogers Peet
1928 Star Player Candy Football
Old 03-25-2012, 06:15 AM
Jeff P

Cards I had the most trouble with in 1935 National Chicle:

Bull Tosi - can't figure out why this card is so hard to find (and expensive) as compared to the other short prints in the set including more famous players. Any ideas?

Stan Kostka - the only card I don't have ... must be rare ;-) Have not seen many of these floating around ebay

Bronko Nagurski - I see this card more frequently than the other three but it's the most expensive as he was one of the best players in the league at that time.

Luke Johnsos - see Bull Tosi above. What's up with this card?

jeff