NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 08-15-2005, 07:13 AM
Administrator

Default JVerri01 or BaseballVintage: Update

Posted By: Joan

I am having much difficulty contacting BaseballVintage, who won 2 of my auctions last week. Is anyone familiar with this buyer/seller? He is currently selling a bunch of OJ's. It is very frustrating when buyers do not contact or acknowledge a sale in any way...--- Thanks Joan

Old 08-15-2005, 07:52 AM
Administrator

Posted By: leon

James Verrill is a good ebayer he just doesn't follow up very well, imo. He will be good for whatever deal you are doing with him but it might take some time. He seems to have a lot of personal issues all of the time. He has been mentioned on this board, about this very topic, several times. It will be ok in the long run but getting there can be slightly painful.....regards

Old 08-15-2005, 08:00 AM
Administrator

Thanks Very Much Leon-I fear for his Ebay Membership as he has been hit twice this week with negative comments and he is sitting on several nonpayments to me. If anyone knows him, could you possibly contact him. Many Thanks, Joan

Old 08-15-2005, 08:10 AM
Administrator

I don't really want to "promise" everything will be ok. If he has been hit with some negatives recently there could be more going on. He didn't usually let things get that far in the past. I just know he was very late doing business with board members (including myself) but it always worked out in the end. There is a great chance someone on the board knows how to get ahold of him to try to help too.....good luck

Old 08-15-2005, 08:17 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Anonymous

http://www.baseballvintage.com/

Old 08-15-2005, 08:36 AM
Administrator

Thanks Anon.-I did see that site yesterday and I sent an email with no response. I just think it is strange for a veteran seller, who knows what it is like to pay for auctions and wait for responses, to act in this manner-maybe something IS wrong. regards,joan

Old 08-15-2005, 10:39 AM
Administrator

Posted By: andy becker

hi joan-
james is a good guy, but he is very slow to respond, ship, etc.
i have never had a bad deal with him, but every transaction is slow, really slow.
i'd give hime some time.

Old 08-15-2005, 11:00 AM
Administrator

Hi Andy & Thanks, I see now that this is normal for BBV but I am now going on 2 weeks with no contact whatsoever from him-and I am itching to relist...I hope he is not deceased------Joan

Old 08-15-2005, 11:07 AM
Administrator

My ebay deal with him took about 3.5 weeks. Unfortunately I think he used up all of his excuses on me so he might be having to think/dream/embellish some more.....

Old 08-15-2005, 11:24 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

I bought something off of his site -- it took about 4 months after payment to receive the card. Of course, during that 4 months he was buying/selling on ebay regularly...

Old 08-15-2005, 01:30 PM
Administrator

Posted By: robert a

He posted here in the Buy/Sell Tobacco cards section and left his email address on July 30th.

I've done multiple successful deals with him through his website in the past.
robert

Old 08-15-2005, 06:33 PM
Administrator

Posted By: HW

Same experience here. He is very slow, but you will eventually get your product.

Old 08-15-2005, 09:42 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Larry

Update...Mr. verrill is not being reliable...He never answers his phone, Never paid us ($290) for his latest E bay venture..His e bay phone is a cell phone and does not respond day or night..He is not answering e mails and I cannot leave this guy a negative because he might retaliate and leave me one and we have perfect record..What a Shame..He is not reliable at this time, it has been 4 weeks with many contact attempts!

Old 08-15-2005, 09:47 PM
Administrator

Posted By: Bottom of the Ninth

It only takes 3 different sellers to file the non paying bidder process and he will be off of ebay.

Old 08-16-2005, 01:34 AM
Administrator

My Unpaid Item/Nonpaying bidder forms are in process, so, I would think James has only a couple of days before he is suspended. Once again, If anyone can get through to him, or knows him personally, please let him know. Otherwise, I would take a good look at the many Old Judges he has up for auction right now and get while the gettin' is good...........or... not

Old 08-16-2005, 07:23 AM
Administrator

Posted By: Brian

Items he has recently posted for sale: http://search.ebay.com/_W0QQfrppZ50QQfsooZ1QQfsopZ1QQrdZ0QQsassZBaseballV intage

Items he has recently bid on:
http://cgi6.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewBidItems&userid=BaseballVintage&completed=1&all=1&rows=200&sort=3

Old 08-20-2005, 10:01 AM
Administrator

Leon and several other members were exactly right about James Verrill, he was not deceased and it took a little while
but he did come through and make good on his auction commitments. I wanted to thank everyone for
easing my mind during the interval. Best Regards-Joan