NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Postwar Sportscard Forums > Postwar Baseball Cards Forum (Pre-1980)

Old 08-07-2017, 11:23 AM
Mike

Default eBay relistings?

Hi all - I had 2 bids on two items from the same seller, entered last night for an auction ending this Wednesday.

This morning, I went to my bids/offers page, and they weren't there. I manually searched for the 2 items, and found they were relisted, for a Sunday auction close, and that my bids were not there. I rebid today.

Is this common? Is the seller just looking to maximize eyeballs by having a Sunday close?

Also, eBay did not notify me that the items were relisted and that my bids were "gone." is this normal?

any thoughts appreciated...
Old 08-07-2017, 01:44 PM

Default Look At

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
Hi all - I had 2 bids on two items from the same seller, entered last night for an auction ending this Wednesday.

This morning, I went to my bids/offers page, and they weren't there. I manually searched for the 2 items, and found they were relisted, for a Sunday auction close, and that my bids were not there. I rebid today.

Is this common? Is the seller just looking to maximize eyeballs by having a Sunday close?

Also, eBay did not notify me that the items were relisted and that my bids were "gone." is this normal?

any thoughts appreciated...
..look at the sellers other items and then over on the left side click on "completed" ( not "sold") and the listing should be there along with all the details of why the listing was 'ended'

Old 08-07-2017, 02:02 PM
Mike

Quote:
Originally Posted by MikeGarcia View Post
..look at the sellers other items and then over on the left side click on "completed" ( not "sold") and the listing should be there along with all the details of why the listing was 'ended'

Tried that - no "completed listing" for that particular seller, or eBay overall, on what are some pretty rare items. In fact, I did a search of all of eBay for those items, under "completed listing", and got nothing.

I also have a record of my bids from yesterday -- 4 different emails sent to me by eBay, telling me "your bid is in the lead", on these items, all of which got relisted surreptitiously.

Very odd behavior...

just looked at the email that ebay sent me yesterday saying my bid was in the lead, and clicked on the "view item" box; went to eBay, and was told "the listing (*********) has been removed."

And then relisted this morning....

While no big deal overall, did bid in part because it was a Wednesday-ending auction.

Last edited by MCoxon; 08-07-2017 at 02:09 PM.
Old 08-07-2017, 04:51 PM
J0hn Raff3rty

It's possible the seller got a promotion that waived/refunded FVFs or gave them selling eBay Bucks. So they cancelled your bids, cancelled the auction, then relisted during the promo period.
Or they left out some important information about the listings and thought they would be financially impacted, so once you bid, they weren't allowed to edit the title. So they cancelled and restarted.

However, if they did this, they should have contacted you directly as a bidder. I know I would if I had to cancel someone's bid.
BGS: Can't detect trimming on modern
SGC: Closed auto authentication business
JSA: Approved same T206 Autos before SGC
Oh, what a difference a year makes.
Old 08-08-2017, 07:00 AM
Larry More.y

Quote:
Originally Posted by MCoxon View Post
Tried that - no "completed listing" for that particular seller, or eBay overall, on what are some pretty rare items. In fact, I did a search of all of eBay for those items, under "completed listing", and got nothing.

I also have a record of my bids from yesterday -- 4 different emails sent to me by eBay, telling me "your bid is in the lead", on these items, all of which got relisted surreptitiously.

Very odd behavior...

just looked at the email that ebay sent me yesterday saying my bid was in the lead, and clicked on the "view item" box; went to eBay, and was told "the listing (*********) has been removed."

And then relisted this morning....

While no big deal overall, did bid in part because it was a Wednesday-ending auction.
I have never seen a seller cancel a listing and have the "listing has been removed" message show up. That message only appears after something is done on eBay's end.

I was recently contacted by ebay to let me know that any listings with either active content or a link to an outside website not authorized by ebay could result in my listing being ended. Something like this could cause that messge to appear. Also, another user could have reported this seller's listing(s) for any number of reasons and ebay took action and ended the listing.