NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 11-04-2014, 01:20 PM
Scott S

Default Anyone familiar with Collector Insurance?

While at the Shriners show in Boston this past weekend, I picked up a flyer for Collector Insurance, offered through the Antiques and Collectibles Insurance Group. Info at This Link

I've had insurance with Collectibles Insurance Inc. in the past, and fortunately have never needed to make a claim, so I can't speak to the service.

Per the flyer I received on Collector Insurance, the rates seem much more reasonable. My $60K policy is $325 with Collectibles Insurance, but the flyer advertises a $188 rate for the same $60K coverage.

Does anyone know about this company? I'm not opposed to saving a few bucks, but would love to know if anyone had any good/bad/other experience with them at all first.

Thanks!
Scott
Old 11-04-2014, 01:45 PM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by scooter729 View Post
While at the Shriners show in Boston this past weekend, I picked up a flyer for Collector Insurance, offered through the Antiques and Collectibles Insurance Group. Info at This Link

I've had insurance with Collectibles Insurance Inc. in the past, and fortunately have never needed to make a claim, so I can't speak to the service.

Per the flyer I received on Collector Insurance, the rates seem much more reasonable. My $60K policy is $325 with Collectibles Insurance, but the flyer advertises a $188 rate for the same $60K coverage.

Does anyone know about this company? I'm not opposed to saving a few bucks, but would love to know if anyone had any good/bad/other experience with them at all first.

Thanks!
Scott
You need to think about ALL services you might need from an insurance company. Services provided and rates, can be quite different for dealers vs collectors. I use Collectibles Insurance and the money I save on shipping insurance alone, covers my entire premium payment and more. Plus my stuff is covered at shows, during transit, at my home, etc. I chose them because someone on this forum used them and had to make a claim, and it went very smoothly.
Old 11-04-2014, 01:58 PM
A.J. Johnson

Default antique website

Someone should tell this company to update their website! Good grief. I'm looking for an insurance provider for my collection but am hesitant to do business with them for that reason alone.
Old 11-05-2014, 06:43 AM
Jeff P

Would you rather they spent money on their web site or gave you a better deal

Seriously, the web site isn't great but the person I've dealt with there is very knowledgeable and the insurance coverage is extensive (i.e. covers items in transit, multiple locations, etc.). The application process was easy as well. They use Lloyd's of London as their underwriter.

I purchased insurance through them but haven't ever had to file a claim so can't vouch for how well that process goes. I was referred to them by a friend who was very happy with their services and would be happy to send contact info for the agent I deal with to anyone interested in talking to them further. Just PM me.

jeff
Old 02-22-2015, 03:46 PM

Just wanted to bump this thread to see if anyone has had additional experiences, either positive or negative, with Antiques and Collectibles Insurance Group.

Has anyone had to file a claim through them, or has anyone recently signed up?

Their website

Thanks!
Old 02-22-2015, 04:01 PM
A.J. Johnson

Just insured my collection last month with them. Filled out online form and got emailed response. Sent in payment and then got emailed notification payment was received. Got policy paperwork in the mail shortly thereafter. All good so far. Hoping that I won't need to make a claim. :-)
*Proudest hobby accomplishment: finished the 1914 Cracker Jack set ranked #11 all-time
Old 02-22-2015, 04:56 PM
Steve

I don't have any experience with these companies, but I'd urge people to consult their homeowners or renters insurance provider. An additional collectibles rider *may* be less expensive than going through one of these specialty insurers.

Steve
Old 02-22-2015, 05:13 PM
Jeff G@rf!nkel

Quote:
Originally Posted by brass_rat View Post
I don't have any experience with these companies, but I'd urge people to consult their homeowners or renters insurance provider. An additional collectibles rider *may* be less expensive than going through one of these specialty insurers.

Steve
I have used Collectors Insurance for many years. Every year I check with my Homeowners Agent (3 different Companies in 14 years) and they can't even come close to the coverage and cost. I have never had a claim (knocking wood).

Jeff
Old 02-22-2015, 05:40 PM
Rick McQuillan

Default homeowner policy

My homeowners policy has always included $10,000 for collectibles. My insurance company dropped this collectibles coverage 2 years ago, but I was able to purchase a rider. Last week I met with my insurance agent and we found out that the rider no longer will cover baseball cards, because of the"volatile nature of the market". Riders are available for stamp collections and several other types of collectibles.

You might want to check your policy to make sure you are still covered. My agency handles several insurance companies, and non of them will cover baseball cards.

Rick

T213-2 139 down 46 to go.
Old 02-24-2015, 05:45 PM
Leon
peasant/forum owner

B & L Auctions uses Collectibles Insurance. We have had a claim or two and they went fine. I would venture to guess most homeowners insurance won't cover baseball cards. Mine won't.
Old 02-24-2015, 06:13 PM
KEVIN MIZE
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
You need to think about ALL services you might need from an insurance company. Services provided and rates, can be quite different for dealers vs collectors. I use Collectibles Insurance and the money I save on shipping insurance alone, covers my entire premium payment and more. Plus my stuff is covered at shows, during transit, at my home, etc. I chose them because someone on this forum used them and had to make a claim, and it went very smoothly.
I agree with Scott on this. I have used them for several years, no claims yet, but their service has been outstanding...
Old 02-25-2015, 09:38 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by CMIZ5290 View Post
I agree with Scott on this. I have used them for several years, no claims yet, but their service has been outstanding...
I just got my semi-annual bill from them, so this is timely. Luckily, all I can say so far is that they get these bills to me in a timely fashion, and they cash the check with no issues
Old 02-26-2015, 09:35 PM
Steve

Very good point, Rick. I do make it a point to review my coverage with my agent each year, as some riders I have need adjusting. Bottom line, never assume coverage or clauses include something -- best to clarify before an issue comes up.

Cheers,
Steve

Quote:
Originally Posted by buymycards View Post
My homeowners policy has always included $10,000 for collectibles. My insurance company dropped this collectibles coverage 2 years ago, but I was able to purchase a rider. Last week I met with my insurance agent and we found out that the rider no longer will cover baseball cards, because of the"volatile nature of the market". Riders are available for stamp collections and several other types of collectibles.

You might want to check your policy to make sure you are still covered. My agency handles several insurance companies, and non of them will cover baseball cards.

Rick
Old 09-10-2015, 10:41 AM
Belltown Vintage

Quote:
Originally Posted by Runscott View Post
Update, as I mislead with the above post. The part in red above is not true.

I attempted to file a claim today on a $112 card. Unfortunately, their $200 dealer policy deductible is 'per loss', which means that anything worth that amount or less is basically uninsured if shipped by itself. And for items worth more than $200, it's doubtful that the shipping insurance I would buy through Fedex, USPS, etc., would cost me more than the $200 deductible.

Still good for traveling with inventory, fires, flooding, etc., but having to re-evaluate whether I will stay with them.