NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 01-24-2011, 08:56 PM
Pup6913

Default Is he is shilling on Ebay

Pretty sure the odds are good that this may be fraud. Buyer beware. 1 buyer, 60% bid history, and has bid on all the sellers cards

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156
Old 01-24-2011, 09:01 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-11-2011 at 03:21 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:13 PM
Pup6913

So I was out bid. Looked at the auctions and found all this in a matter of 15 min. Then I get this reply. I sent this message and within minutes I get a nice explanation. Reply message was sent at 8:04pm. Maybe I am wrong but........... just sayin

To: wattoent
Subject: Other: pup6913 sent a message about 1911 T205 Jim Delahanty EX+ #130477287874
Sent Date: Jan-24-11 19:50:24 PST

Dear wattoent,

So i was out bid by a guy that seems to have a bid on every card you have and has a bid history of 60% with you. Either he only buys from you 60% of the time or ?????? Well you can guess where I am going. I am retracting my bid and informing ebay of this issue to investigate. Way to many red flags for me. I was after the Matty for just over $1200 in that condition. Best of luck.

- pup6913

Dear pup6913,

The guy who outbid you drove 2 hours this afternoon to come and see the cards I had listed because he did not want to bid on ungraded cards without inspecting them first. He made me an offer on the spot for the lot and I told him I was not interested and wanted to let the auctions play out. He told me to expect bids on most of my collection and that is exactly what he did. I can see where you are going and understand how you would think that but you are off base.

- wattoent
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
J@RR0D

Hmmm... The seller has been an ebayer for 10+ years and it looks like he mostly sells cards. Great feedback too. His story could be legit... but then again, I'm a bleeding heart liberal.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by shimozukawa View Post
You can report this to trust and safety since the reason stated is "seller changed description" and there was no description change between when the bid was placed and canceled.
I believe Pup is the one who retracted the bid

Anybody can retract a bid and put any reason they want. The onus doesn't fall on the seller.

I've pulled my hair out plenty of times when bidders retract bids from out of the blue. Usually the reason they put is "Bid wrong amount", they don't rebid another amount and it ends up sabotaging my auction.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:40 PM
Shinzo Shimozukawa
Banned

Last edited by shimozukawa; 02-16-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:52 PM

Looking at the sellers Feed Back, I do not see any buyer with an "N" and a "6" in their name and a Feed Back rating of 129. So, I guess;

1) The buyer bids on this sellers items, wins and never leaves Feed Back.
2) They bid on items and never win them.
3) There is shilling going on.

David

PS.

I just noticed another thing. The buyer (n...6 with 129 Feed Back) had ONLY bid on this sellers items and THEN they have bid on a few other things listed by two other sellers and have done so, it looks like, within the last hour.

Last edited by ctownboy; 01-24-2011 at 09:57 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 10:24 PM
Matt Hall

[QUOTE=ctownboy;865825]Looking at the sellers Feed Back, I do not see any buyer with an "N" and a "6" in their name and a Feed Back rating of 129. So, I guess;

1) The buyer bids on this sellers items, wins and never leaves Feed Back.
2) They bid on items and never win them.
3) There is shilling going on.

[QUOTE]

A green number in the bid history indicates items won. (or winning I think)

Last edited by Matthew H; 01-24-2011 at 10:24 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:48 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by D. Bergin View Post
I believe Pup is the one who retracted the bid

Anybody can retract a bid and put any reason they want. The onus doesn't fall on the seller.

I've pulled my hair out plenty of times when bidders retract bids from out of the blue. Usually the reason they put is "Bid wrong amount", they don't rebid another amount and it ends up sabotaging my auction.
You are right. I did retract. I just feel that this is a coincident thats all. I would have ended the auctions if someone drove 2 hrs and made me a good offer for them. I asked to make an offer for all of them a few days after he first listed them and he said he would end them if we agreed on a price but then a guy drives 2 hrs ironically and he tells him to go home and bid????? Just been to many flags for me. But hey its just me.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:55 PM
Patrick N.

Default Toolhaus

I ran a toolhaus report and the guy's record seems squeaky clean. Maybe the customer who saw them in person offered to low $ for the group and the seller thought the current auctions would bring in more. It is an impressive group and I can imagine that if you lived in the area you might make the drive to see them in person and also have a chance to make an offer that other online folks would not have...
Old 01-24-2011, 10:10 PM
Pup6913

Quote:
Originally Posted by mintacular View Post
I ran a toolhaus report and the guy's record seems squeaky clean. Maybe the customer who saw them in person offered to low $ for the group and the seller thought the current auctions would bring in more. It is an impressive group and I can imagine that if you lived in the area you might make the drive to see them in person and also have a chance to make an offer that other online folks would not have...
That site doesnt tell you anything more than Ebay does. I have had 2 negs in all the time on ebay and neither have pulled up. Got one from a seller that put a RP 56 mantle in a lot of 56 topps and when I repoted him I got a neg and another from a 1970's aurora HO track I sold. Guy got the track and wanted a refund. Got it back and had a bunch or crappy track with the tabs busted off. Reported that and got neg. But hey at least you dont have to pay for using it

Gets even better. Mr 129 has bid on every card. T205,206, and c cards, and a new bidder has arrived on the 205's and has an extrodinary amount of retractions.

Last edited by Pup6913; 01-24-2011 at 10:25 PM.
Old 01-24-2011, 09:26 PM
Dave

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pup6913 View Post
Pretty sure the odds are good that this may be fraud. Buyer beware. 1 buyer, 60% bid history, and has bid on all the sellers cards

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...#ht_500wt_1156

You know bid history only goes back 30 days? It's not unusual for a particular bidder to have a high percentage of bids with a seller they are comfortable with, especially if they are selling similar type items.