NonSports Forum

Net54baseball.com
Welcome to Net54baseball.com. These forums are devoted to both Pre- and Post- war baseball cards and vintage memorabilia, as well as other sports. There is a separate section for Buying, Selling and Trading - the B/S/T area!! If you write anything concerning a person or company your full name needs to be in your post or obtainable from it. . Contact the moderator at leon@net54baseball.com should you have any questions or concerns. When you click on links to eBay on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network. Enjoy!
Net54baseball.com
Net54baseball.com
ebay GSB
T206s on eBay
Babe Ruth Cards on eBay
t206 Ty Cobb on eBay
Ty Cobb Cards on eBay
Lou Gehrig Cards on eBay
Baseball T201-T217 on eBay
Baseball E90-E107 on eBay
T205 Cards on eBay
Baseball Postcards on eBay
Goudey Cards on eBay
Baseball Memorabilia on eBay
Baseball Exhibit Cards on eBay
Baseball Strip Cards on eBay
Baseball Baking Cards on eBay
Sporting News Cards on eBay
Play Ball Cards on eBay
Joe DiMaggio Cards on eBay
Mickey Mantle Cards on eBay
Bowman 1951-1955 on eBay
Football Cards on eBay

Go Back   Net54baseball.com Forums > Net54baseball Main Forum - WWII & Older Baseball Cards > Net54baseball Vintage (WWII & Older) Baseball Cards & New Member Introductions

Old 05-29-2005, 09:57 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Josh K.

Did anybody win anything in the Heritage auction that just ended?

Edited per Jim's request:

I got the lot of seven e93's for $286 (incl. the juice).

Old 05-29-2005, 09:59 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: JimB

Josh,
Show us your stuff.
JimB

Old 05-29-2005, 10:39 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

edited as requested.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:46 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Ben

That e93 lot was an absolute steal...I was out for the evening and forgot to bid, doh! Oh well - congrats Josh.

Old 05-29-2005, 10:56 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Thanks Ben. Im glad you were out for the night

Old 05-30-2005, 06:55 AM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: warshawlaw

Only a 1 but under $275 including the juice.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:38 AM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Lyle Jobe

I especially liked the Waddell . Whenever I see his face on a card it makes me smile , remembering what a character he was...

Old 05-30-2005, 12:04 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Zach

I just looked at the auction today...lots of cards up my alley. 1924 unc batting Ruth for 90 bucks ! When is the next heritage and do they alawys carry low grade hofers ?

Old 05-30-2005, 07:26 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Zack,

I think the next auction is already up and running. I believe the hold them monthly. Ive noticed that they usually have a good bit of lower grade HOFers that the average collector can afford.

Old 05-30-2005, 07:43 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: cmoking

I thought the 1924 W-UNC Strip Card Babe Ruth #1 SGC Fair 20 went for $215, not $90...was there a different card?

Old 05-30-2005, 07:46 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Yes there were 3 of them in the auction. One even went for 60 dollars.

Old 05-30-2005, 09:18 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

What is the story behind these UNC cards? What does UNC mean anyway? That ungraded $90 one looks in better condition than the SGC graded one. I wonder why it wasn't graded.

I'm assuming hand-cut means it was part of a strip - were there other cards of other players similar to this? What about what's on the back? Cool stuff.

Old 05-30-2005, 10:09 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

unc= uncatalouged

Old 05-30-2005, 10:27 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

and I thought it stood for the University of North Carolina.

So, anybody else win anything other than Adam and I?

Old 05-31-2005, 03:17 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

very cool service for an auctioneer.

and VERY dangerous for a card addict like me.

Old 05-31-2005, 05:10 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

they accept paypal too. wow!

Old 06-03-2005, 03:50 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: Aaron

I'm actually having a different experience with Heritage. Up until they received my money their service was exemplary (natch), but once I paid, man am I getting the run-around from these guys.

I bid live via phone and they were prompt, friendly and courteous throughout. Prompt receipt of their invoice. Shipping charges were seemingly minimal.

Then my check clears my account on May 24. June 1 comes around and I still haven't received my winnings, so I e-mail. No response.

Then on June 2, I call and am told by the "customer service" rep that they didn't post my check until May 23 (a lie, or at the least an error on their part) and it's their standard to wait 5-6 business days after a check posts to send the lot out.

I'm incensed as I start to realize they haven't even mailed out my lots, even though I sent payment almost three weeks ago and my check cleared more than a week ago.

Finally, after much run-around and rude service, I point out that even if they are right and my check didn't post until the 23rd and they wait 5-6 business days, we are no going on 8 business days and they still haven't shipped. Long pause, and then the rep finally conceded "you're right."

BTW, I had asked to speak to her supervisor earlier in the conversation and was told she was away at a coin show in Long Beach. A few minutes later she said her supervisor had just returned from lunch and was available to speak to me. It was 11:30 AM CST. Then she connected me with her voice-mail.

Anyway, they sheepishly offered to overnight my package which I got today. (Yay!) But no SCDA LOA for a 1960's Knicks jersey I'd bought. When I called today, I was first told that the LOA's are mailed out after the lots themselves go out (!?). Then I spoke to a guy in their sports department who told me there was a "hiccup" in receiving their SCDA LOA's and many had not yet arrived at their premises, and I would get mine "shortly". He did not elaborate

So, I'm wondering whether SCDA even looked at the item before giving it their LOA (which wouldn't surprise me in the least) and what this "hiccup" is (especially after it was announced that SCDA had ceased their affiliation with SCD).

I was angry. Now I think these guys are a bunch of clowns.

Old 06-03-2005, 09:48 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: dan mckee

May 23 to June 1 is 6 business days, Monday was a holiday. Have you dealt with large auction houses before? If you want your items that fast from Heritage, use a credit card or money order. I spent over $5K and paid with a CC and my items were here in 3 days. Dan.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:19 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Nope, Dan. May 23 to June 2 was eight business days. (1) Monday, (2) Tuesday, (3) Wednesday, (4) Thursday, (5) Friday, then the following (6) Tuesday, (7) Wednesday and then (8) Thursday, the day I spoke with them and they acknowledged my shipment was overdue even by their inaccurate account of when my payment cleared.

And yes, I've dealt with all the usual auction houses before (Lelands, Mastro, REA) many times over several years. Have you? I think if you had, you'd realize this was pretty abnormal.

I was willing to wait until my check cleared since that's the way I chose to pay (I mailed on the 16th and the check cleared my account on the 24th), but for them to sit on my lots for nine days AFTER my check cleared (let alone when they actually received it) was extremely unprofessional.

Their service since then has been pretty abysmal.

Old 06-03-2005, 10:28 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: leon

From first hand experience I can tell you Dan'o has participated in just about every major auction house's auctions there are. Surly more than myself and I've been clobbered by Dan in the one's you've mentioned...and more..Regardless of that if they said they would ship at a certain time then they should. In my experience the auction houses usually do take a little time...unless you ask for your winnings to be expedited...then most will do that too..regards

Old 06-04-2005, 12:58 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

Posted By: dan mckee

Dah! you are correct Aaron, I surely didn't count those business days too well! I have participated in 1 or 2 auctions before. Waiting a month after I have sent payment is not abnormal to me. It can get frustrating when it is something you are really anxious to receive. Dan.

Old 06-04-2005, 05:36 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

I won an auction back in January or February (forget exactly), paid for it with a credit card - and I didn't receive the cards until 25 days afterwards. I wasn't in a rush to get it (I was out of town for much of that time), but it was still annoying.

Old 06-05-2005, 11:47 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

No prob, Dan. Since I paid by personal check, I knew I was gonna have to wait as long as a couple of weeks to get my lots, but I wasn't in any particular hurry or all that ancy to get them. But when I checked my bank account and saw that the check cleared on the 24th (about a week after I sent payment), I figured I'd get my lots anyday.

When I finally called Heritage on June 2, what really incensed me was discovering that the lots hadn't even shipped yet and the customer service rep's rudeness when incorrectly stating that they weren't going to ship anytime in the near future either. Her supervisor wouldn't speak to me, and I finally got help by speaking to another rep and her finally admitting that even if their timeline was correct, my package should have shipped a couple days earlier.

Waiting ten days for the check to clear is normal. Waiting eight business days AFTER the check clears (and then still refusing to ship), to me at least, is not.

Anyway, actually getting the lots has turned out to be the easy part. They didn't send the listed LOA with a game worn item I won and I have since learned that it was apparently lost, and not actually authenticated by two of the three authenticators listed on the lot's item description (and that this was pretty much uniform for all game worn lost authenticated by SCDA in the Heritage Auction).

Not a fun experience all around.

Old 06-06-2005, 08:33 PM
Administrator

Default Heritage Auction

I got my Cobb today and am pleased with it given it is a 1. However, Heritage charged me nearly eleven bucks to ship and what I got was a USPS priority mailer with no insurance and one of those pieces of corrugated cardboard with the post-it sticky stuff around the slab. To me, charging that and not even insuring the card is pretty cheesy.